• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen pokewalker: do you use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I feel one of the biggest mistakes they made with it is that you can't learn new moves upon levelling up. With evolution you can just do it next level, but if you miss out on a move... that's it. Gone. Unless there's another means to get old moves back (I haven't checked yet) but if it's anything like needing to find heart scales like in the 3rd gen games it won't be easy.

Otherwise I like it. I always wanted a kangaskhan but was never able to catch one in any generation. I'll be using it mostly to catch unusual pokemon not found in SS.

iNinja

hi hello
    Years
    I feel one of the biggest mistakes they made with it is that you can't learn new moves upon levelling up. With evolution you can just do it next level, but if you miss out on a move... that's it. Gone. Unless there's another means to get old moves back (I haven't checked yet) but if it's anything like needing to find heart scales like in the 3rd gen games it won't be easy.

Otherwise I like it. I always wanted a kangaskhan but was never able to catch one in any generation. I'll be using it mostly to catch unusual pokemon not found in SS.

Move tutor in blackthorne or pastoria. Cost's one heartscale.

Adâm1

The Lion's Share
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    I bring it around with me wherever I can (Except at school sometimes) It does look delicate, but it's surprisingly robust, and although it's not that fun, it can give you access to certain rare Pokemon far before you should be able to get them. A good, useful little piece of kit. The only problems are that you can level up once per walk (Very bad) and it takes a while to get your Pokemon in and out of the walker (Just needs patience. Bad.) 7/10.

Years
    I'm using the Pokewalker for the sole purpose of catching Spheal, Wailmer and Spiritomb.

I attached it to the collar of my little chiwawa/terrier. Her fat/short little legs give her a lot of steps, fast.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    I find it useful. I keep my Umbreon/Jolteon there. I already have my Umbreon and Jolteon that I bred and trained (which are actually strong) but with the pokewalker it doesnt come out bad, and i walk with it everywhere. I don't think it's boring, it's not a device ment to use for 3 hours str8 trying to see what to do with it. It's meant to have on while doing something else and forgeting about it, really, to me it's not that bad -.-

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    I really like it! It's acutally gotten me up and looking forward to the daily walk I take with my dog. I rack up some watts and look forward to catching that elusive Elekid (who never seems to get put on my route urgh! lol). I wish there were more features like play with your pokemon and stuff, but otherwise I think its pretty awesome!!!

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I use it when I remember to put a Pokemon in it and take it with me (And then another week for me to remember to take it out) but I think it would be more useful without the one level cap. It's considerably more efficient to level up to old fashioned way.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    I use it every now and then. My favorite pokemon of the time is placed in the walker on days when I know work will be busy and I will get lots of steps.

Koji08

Wind King
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    I haven't used it yet. I really don't see the point and I also don't want to break it.

tsutaajafan95

#1 Tsutaaja fan
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    I use it because it motivates me to walk haha. plus its good for bringing with you on hikes cause you can get a lot of items and stuff. plus you can tell people who have it because they have the pokewalkers on them lol

BlueberryYumYum602

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    I don't typically use it as it's easier to win money and buy rare candies or simply train it in the game. It takes longer to load it into the pokewalker then walk with it until it levels then transfer it back. Though at levels 80+ it's very useful because there's so much EXP needed it's incredibly hard to level up but pokewalker makes that easier so whatevs lol I personally don't use it though

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
    Yeah, I do. It's nice to get a level for nothing.
    I do make sure that the Pokemon I'm takig with me won't get a move I want within the next level though

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    I try to. =P I won't lie, I totally forget about it sometimes, and Iget really paranoid it's going to fall off my pants and break. I've also almost lost it several times x_x. My Togepi has been on there forever, xD

I hate that you can only level up once, but oh well. I do like it though, and it motivates me to walk, plus, I mean, come on....I'm walking around with a semi-pokeball in my pocket. It's like...fulfilling a long lost dream. LOL.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back