• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen PokeWalker inspiration?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2012
    Hey guys

So last summer I started running, but almost immediately after summer had ended and school started, I stopped. But now that I got the pokewalker, and I want to use it the way it was intended to be used, I notice that it is sort of, inspiring me to run again!

Has the pokewalker inspired you to run/get in shape since you got it?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Yes, pathetically enough.

I know a lot of people cheat, but I don't. I generally gain 3000-8000 steps a day, but I don't wear it all of the time - only when I plan on going out. Otherwise, I'm actually playing the game and leveling faster than the PokeWalker can do.

I'm part of a group of people who are currently partaking in a dietary session in my city, and they all have pedometers with no rewards - at least I can level my Pokes lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, pathetically enough.

I know a lot of people cheat, but I don't. I generally gain 3000-8000 steps a day, but I don't wear it all of the time - only when I plan on going out. Otherwise, I'm actually playing the game and leveling faster than the PokeWalker can do.

I'm part of a group of people who are currently partaking in a dietary session in my city, and they all have pedometers with no rewards - at least I can level my Pokes lol

Yeah I know, its pretty pathetic lol. But hey, if it gets the job done, it works for me.

Also, I NEVER use it for gaining levels. I usually just put some crappy pokemon in there. I use it so I can get the item "PP up" for my dream team.

Years
    Actually, it has for me. I find myself randomly walking around the house... playing Pokemon on the DS at the same time :P

Once summer gets here, I'll be getting a lot of steps with this thing :D

@Yusshin: Ha so true. I love doing two things at once, so when I walk around, I don't feel like I'm wasting my time anymore. Wow, things we do for our precious Pokemon...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I wouldn't say it's made me more active, but our schedule just generally revved up the day I got HeartGold. o.O It's like Nintendo is tampering with the Natural Order of Things, just to make use out of the Pokewalker. xD

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I just put it on me whenever I know imma be walking alot or i just shake it in my hand so I get "steps". I'm still lazy.

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
    I use mine every day. Even though I only know about 3 or 4 other people who actually bought the game and have their walkers on them. The others just bootlegged it. =A=
    I bring mine every day just to connect, haha. And to count steps too, but I don't use it that much to level my pokemons. It's more like a "showcase" thing, so my friends can see what I've got on my walker. Today, I brought an electrode named Hiroshima because we were learning about ww2. >>;;

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    i havent used it yet, but i plan on running on a treadmill with it for a good half hour =) that should get some levels lol

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
    Nope. I'm having some spine problems atm so running/walking causes a bit of pain after a while. :\ And I seriously don't want to lose any weight at all or anything, so I don't plan on running or jogging after I get the Pokewalker. I'll just stick it in my pocket or bag when I do go out.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I just love the concept of the Pokewalker! I am a pretty active person anyway, but adding another reason to be so is always nice. I run every day and walk around quite a bit at work, so to put those that energy to earning Watts, catching Pokemon, and finding Items has been pretty great! It is also fun to take a minute an catch a Pokemon while I am at my desk too! LOL Not very intrusive like having the game around either. Just a moment of relaxation during a busy day and then back into my sock. My middle son is VERY excited to get his HG copy so he can have a Pokewalker too. We will hopefully be getting it this weekend. Then we can shoot hoops or whatnot and enjoy this small benefit from it!

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
    Nintendo makes some people want to use the pokewalker thus scratching it or getting damaged by usage. And they added it harded to cheat to encourage people to find new "rougher" ways to cheat thus breaking/scratching/damaging it. Watch in 2 months they will be selling pokewalkers for $10

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    So don't cheat... lol Pretty simple conclusion. The PokeWalker is pretty durable but it's not indestructible. Nintendo makes some pretty durable systems / add-ons because children tend to break things. The Gamecube can be dropped a few stories from a building and not break, meanwhile a PS2 would. DSs can be chucked down the stairs and barely have a scratch on it.

The PokeWalker is designed to be durable, and be usable only for what it's for: a pedometer to put on the waist, in the pocket, in a sock, etc. It's not built to be attached to your dog or a ceiling fan. If Nintendo does decide to put PokeWalkers on the shelf for 10$, and you do buy it due to having breaking yours for trying to cheat, serves you right.

dastandy

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    You know just walking around my job on an 8 hour shift and going about my daily business i average 8000-10000 steps a day so it's not that bad.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    When I get mine tomorrow(YAY!) I'll be using it partly how its meant to be. I'll probably still shake it but will also use it everytime I have to walk somewhere.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I should be keeping fit anyway. Signed myself up to a 6 mile marathon I need to be training for, but I've kind of lost my enthusiasm and motivation for it now. Hoping that when my game comes on Friday it'll help to encourage me to start trying to keep fit again.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2010
    i ride my bike to and from work everyday, so i just stick this thing in my sock and bank like 3000 steps before the work day starts : P

admittedly, the first thing i did with it was put it on my cat's collar. lazy cat only got in around 1000 steps the whole day.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Yes I am now inspired to walk. XD

POKEMON IS TRYING TO MAKE AMERICA SKINNY! HOW DEAR THEM! o:<

But yeah. Pokewalker is a bit addicting. XD;

Back