• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeword Puzzles

Years
I thought we ought to try something different. Anyone care for a crossword puzzle, pokemon style?

I have constructed a Valentine's Day addition. I tried to make it kinda easy for the first puzzle, but if this turns out to be a game that trivia players really enjoy, and want more challenge out of, then I could try to step up the difficulty level.

Anybody can jump in, and respond with what they think the answer is to any or all of the words.

i.e 1 down is jigglypuff!

If somebody guesses what all of the hidden words are, then that person is the winner, and is invited to add their own crossword puzzle for people to solve. If the puzzle is solved, but no single person guesses all of the answers, then the player who got the most correct answers gets that honor. I used this puzzle creator to do the job.

Last edited:
Years
Are items/abilities/etc. with multiple words written as one word?
Like 3 across has me thinking Sweet Heart, which fits length wise without the space.

anyway, is 4 across 'Contrary' ?

Years
Are items/abilities/etc. with multiple words written as one word?
Like 3 across has me thinking Sweet Heart, which fits length wise without the space.

anyway, is 4 across 'Contrary' ?
Yes, it is formatted as one word, and bingo, you are right again with 3 across. The answer is sweetheart! I have updated the puzzle. So we have one piece of the puzzle solved.

#4 Isn't contrary, but that's a very good guess. Keep it up though, the answer is closer than you might think, I know you would love it. 🙂

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
1 down: LovelyMail? (Too long for HeartMail.)
2 down: HeartSwap (Known by Manaphy)
5 across: CuteCharm?
______

Not HeartStamp for 5 across. Stops you with a flinch.

Not Rivalry for 4 across (too short). Should start with an 'L' anyways.

Years
1 down: LovelyMail? (Too long for HeartMail.)
2 down: HeartSwap (Known by Manaphy)
5 across: CuteCharm?
______

Not HeartStamp for 5 across. Stops you with a flinch.

Not Rivalry for 4 across (too short). Should start with an 'L' anyways.

Excellent! Lovely mail, Heart Swap and Cute Charm are all right! The lovely mail was especially tricky, since it was specific to gen 2. Again, very good!

Now we are just a single answer away from a completed puzzle! *drumroll*

Years
Maybe 'Love Ball' for 4 across?

Works best on opposite gender Pokemon after all.

You have solved it! Loveball is the right answer, I told you that you would love it, and that it was closer than you might think, like on a shiny Sylveon in your signature close. 😉 Good job Rekoil!

Now it's time for a new puzzle! I made mine here, but other formats work can work too.
https://www.education.com/worksheet-generator/reading/crossword-puzzle/

Congratulations @Devalue, you got the most correct answers. Would you be interested in posting the next crossword puzzles? It can contain as many or as few words as you like, as long as it's pokemon-related. You can also pass your turn, if you prefer. The ball is in your court.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Crossword Puzzle Your Move.png

Theme: Pokemon moves

ACROSS
2. Sometimes every Friday, sometimes every other Friday, and sometimes twice a month.
3. Handling raw chicken, then touching other food.
6. Secures your door eight times
8. Keep your eyes on the ball. Hid it beneath one of these cups. Shuffles them. ...That one? Oh dear. Definitely lost.
9. First, draw a diagonal line going down and right. Next, go up and right.
10. The motto of a very self-centered person

DOWN
1. Something with plenty of room for cards, rabbits, and tissue chains
4. Is it flight, strength, or x-ray vision?
5. Keep your eye on the ball. Follow through on your swing. Slide feet first, not head first.
7. Oh...socks. Thank you, Grandma.

Hopefully not too difficult. Has a poor sense of what would be easy or tough.

Edit: Also, same format for spaces as before. Enters something like "MegaPunch" or "GMaxFinale", without spaces and other punctuation.

Years
6 Across, thought about moves with Lock in them, briefly wondered 'why the eight times though?' and then... Is it ''Octolock''?

5 Down, not really sure due to the 'follow through on your swing' part... the ball part and sliding part kinda brought ''Pyro Ball'' to mind though.
Probably wrong as I'm more confident about Octolock... leaving it in anyway just in case Octolock is wrong.

7 Down, is it ''Present'' ? =P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
6 Across, thought about moves with Lock in them, briefly wondered 'why the eight times though?' and then... Is it ''Octolock''?

5 Down, not really sure due to the 'follow through on your swing' part... the ball part and sliding part kinda brought ''Pyro Ball'' to mind though.
Probably wrong as I'm more confident about Octolock... leaving it in anyway just in case Octolock is wrong.

7 Down, is it ''Present'' ? =P
Correct on 6 across and 7 down, but not 5 down.

Updated crossword:

ACROSS
2. Sometimes every Friday, sometimes every other Friday, and sometimes twice a month.
8. Keep your eyes on the ball. Hid it beneath one of these cups. Shuffles them. ...That one? Oh dear. Definitely lost.

DOWN
5. Keep your eye on the ball. Follow through on your swing. Slide feet first, not head first.

Years
3 Across, sounds like cross-contamination... what would be the Pokemon move equivalent of that? Not Cross Chop. "Cross Poison" maybe?

1 Down, probably "Magic Room".

5 Down... Maybe a move with Swing in it? Only one I can think of is Brutal Swing though, which does not fit. Golf related maybe? Kahili comes to mind, can't remember if she gives any moves though...
... not a move with ball in the name.
I got nothing apparently. xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Could #10 be Me First?
Correct.
3 Across, sounds like cross-contamination... what would be the Pokemon move equivalent of that? Not Cross Chop. "Cross Poison" maybe?

1 Down, probably "Magic Room".

5 Down... Maybe a move with Swing in it? Only one I can think of is Brutal Swing though, which does not fit. Golf related maybe? Kahili comes to mind, can't remember if she gives any moves though...
... not a move with ball in the name.
I got nothing apparently. xD
Yes on Cross Poison.

Intended Magic Coat for 1 down. Considers your answer better for the clue, honestly. Will count that as correct. Does not interfere with the rest of the puzzle either.
Let me try low sweep for #5 down
Nope, not Low Sweep either.

Updated crossword:

ACROSS

DOWN

Will provide additional hints if people get stuck, but not yet.

Years
Just to double check if there's a mistake in the word's length I guess...

.. because 8 across is making me think of ''Switcheroo'' very heavily.
Spoiler:

Unfortunately Switcheroo is 1 letter too long. It's just, it fits the cup shuffle + losing something so dang well.

anyway... 9 across. Perhaps I'm taking it too literal, but the hint describes a V shape and it fits length wise so... "V-create" ?

5 Down...
... Low kick... too short.
... Power Gem.... seems unlikely, but is the right length.
... Role Play... same as above.
... Body Slam, fits letter wise. Not sure how well it fits with the hint.
... Hold Back. probably not it either.

... Bone Club... fits in length... swinging a club could explain the 'swing' part of the hint. What's the animation for this again... oh... the gen 7 animation actually kinda fits.
And apparently Bone Rush has the exact same animation, just multiple times... lol
These two seem like good candidates to me.

... Coaching. if I interpret the hint as someone coaching a sports team for some ball sport this actually makes sense. Actually explains the ball part. Also matches with v-create in the puzzle.

Is 5 down "Coaching" ?

Back