• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeword Puzzles

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    No. 4 Sand-Attack ?

No.2 Tackle ?
    Incorrect on both, unfortunately.
    Just to double check if there's a mistake in the word's length I guess...

.. because 8 across is making me think of ''Switcheroo'' very heavily.
    Spoiler:

Unfortunately Switcheroo is 1 letter too long. It's just, it fits the cup shuffle + losing something so dang well.

anyway... 9 across. Perhaps I'm taking it too literal, but the hint describes a V shape and it fits length wise so... "V-create" ?

5 Down...
    ... Low kick... too short.
    ... Power Gem.... seems unlikely, but is the right length.
    ... Role Play... same as above.
    ... Body Slam, fits letter wise. Not sure how well it fits with the hint.
    ... Hold Back. probably not it either.

... Bone Club... fits in length... swinging a club could explain the 'swing' part of the hint. What's the animation for this again... oh... the gen 7 animation actually kinda fits.
    And apparently Bone Rush has the exact same animation, just multiple times... lol
    These two seem like good candidates to me.

... Coaching. if I interpret the hint as someone coaching a sports team for some ball sport this actually makes sense. Actually explains the ball part. Also matches with v-create in the puzzle.

Is 5 down "Coaching" ?
    8 across: Incorrect, but the right idea. (Figured this one would be the hardest. May not have hinted enough at the full move.) Confirms the correct number of letters too.
    9 across: \ /. Correct.
    5 down: Correct.

Updated crossword:
    Pokeword Puzzles

ACROSS
    2. Sometimes every Friday, sometimes every other Friday, and sometimes twice a month.
    3. Handling raw chicken, then touching other food.
    6. Secures your door eight times
    8. Keep your eyes on the ball. Hid it beneath one of these cups. Shuffles them. ...That one? Oh dear. Definitely lost.
    9. First, draw a diagonal line going down and right. Next, go up and right.
    10. The motto of a very self-centered person

DOWN
    1. Something with plenty of room for cards, rabbits, and tissue chains
    4. Is it flight, strength, or x-ray vision?
    5. Keep your eye on the ball. Follow through on your swing. Slide feet first, not head first.
    7. Oh...socks. Thank you, Grandma.

Days
  • 8. Keep your eyes on the ball. Hid it beneath one of these cups. Shuffles them. ...That one? Oh dear. Definitely lost.
    We are losing at last and you also said switcheroo is related, hence Power Trip seems optimal as both are dark type moves. And word length matches, too.

It's Superpower.

2. Sometimes every Friday, sometimes every other Friday, and sometimes twice a month.

The length matches to Facade as well, though I am not able to understand that phrase clearly !

Years
  • 2 across
    Payday potentially, though it's not a very clean fit. A job's payout can be done at different intervals depending on the job/company. Kinda feel like every other friday and twice a month will generally be the same thing, though there's usually some leftover days in a week around the month changes. Also my Payday is monthly and that's not in the hint =P
    There's also Harden as far as fitting the letters goes...

Is 2 across "Pay Day" ?

8 across... Trick also has the cups thing, but is way too short.
    Idk. I'll wait and see if Power Trip hits I guess.

Expecting Superpower above to be correct for 4 tbh. Tried to think of what they had in common instead of them being examples of something lol

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    We are losing at last and you also said switcheroo is related, hence Power Trip seems optimal as both are dark type moves. And word length matches, too.

It's Superpower.

The length matches to Facade as well, though I am not able to understand that phrase clearly !
    8 across: Incorrect. Came close in a different way. Consists of two words, with the first one being 5 letters and the second being 4 letters.
    4 down: Correct.
    2 across: Incorrect.

2 across
    Payday potentially, though it's not a very clean fit. A job's payout can be done at different intervals depending on the job/company. Kinda feel like every other friday and twice a month will generally be the same thing, though there's usually some leftover days in a week around the month changes. Also my Payday is monthly and that's not in the hint =P
    There's also Harden as far as fitting the letters goes...

Is 2 across "Pay Day" ?

8 across... Trick also has the cups thing, but is way too short.
    Idk. I'll wait and see if Power Trip hits I guess.

Expecting Superpower above to be correct for 4 tbh. Tried to think of what they had in common instead of them being examples of something lol

Correct on 2 across. Looked up a definition to help think of a clue. Listed the three pay periods given.

Updated crossword. Added the hint about 8 across.
    Pokeword Puzzles

ACROSS
    3. Handling raw chicken, then touching other food.
    6. Secures your door eight times
    8. Keep your eyes on the ball. Hid it beneath one of these cups. Shuffles them. ...That one? Oh dear. Definitely lost. (5 letters, 4 letters.)
    9. First, draw a diagonal line going down and right. Next, go up and right.
    10. The motto of a very self-centered person

DOWN
    1. Something with plenty of room for cards, rabbits, and tissue chains
    5. Keep your eye on the ball. Follow through on your swing. Slide feet first, not head first.
    7. Oh...socks. Thank you, Grandma.

(Looking at 8 across's clue again. Probably does fit Switcheroo better, given the animation and how one typically uses it. May have thrown this crossword together a little too quickly.)

Years
  • Might be a difference between countries for the payment thing tbh. Monthly is pretty much the norm here, but I know weekly and twice a month are a thing too. For monthly they usually just pay you on a fixed date, rather than on a fixed day.
    Probably not that easy to think of hints that actually give a clue without being overly clear too as well.

Anyway... not one of the swap moves like Power Swap due to that R.

Well I can only find two moves that fit the word (9 letters total, two words of 5 - 4 letters, final three letters being: R _ P )... not sure how they tie in with the hint.
    -Crush Grip. Maybe the hand grabbing animation? Like when you grab to remove the cup?
    -Shell Trap. No idea how it ties in, but fits.

Pretty much just strolled through bulbapedia's move list for this after blanking out for too long lol

Is 8 across "Crush Grip" ?

Days
  • Might be a difference between countries for the payment thing tbh. Monthly is pretty much the norm here
    This is the case for us. Pays are given to us in the last day or second last day of the month. Hence it's either 29/30/31 for us, when people here get their pay.

"Crush Grip"
    Although animation doesn't suits it :

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Might be a difference between countries for the payment thing tbh. Monthly is pretty much the norm here, but I know weekly and twice a month are a thing too. For monthly they usually just pay you on a fixed date, rather than on a fixed day.
    Probably not that easy to think of hints that actually give a clue without being overly clear too as well.

Anyway... not one of the swap moves like Power Swap due to that R.

Well I can only find two moves that fit the word (9 letters total, two words of 5 - 4 letters, final three letters being: R _ P )... not sure how they tie in with the hint.
    -Crush Grip. Maybe the hand grabbing animation? Like when you grab to remove the cup?
    -Shell Trap. No idea how it ties in, but fits.

Pretty much just strolled through bulbapedia's move list for this after blanking out for too long lol

Is 8 across "Crush Grip" ?
    8 across: Incorrect. Not Crush Grip.

Offers a different, probably better clue. Kept the word the same, of course.

8 across: A snare for turtles.

Years
  • Kinda makes me wanna go with Snap Trap... but that doesn't fit =P
    *wonders how many other moves with trap in the name there are*

is 8 across ''Shell Trap'' ?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Kinda makes me wanna go with Snap Trap... but that doesn't fit =P
    *wonders how many other moves with trap in the name there are*

is 8 across ''Shell Trap'' ?
    Correct. Intended the original clue to bring a shell game to mind. Tied it (very) loosely to trap by indicating a loss, perhaps of something bad (rather than nothing) under the wrong choice. Argues the game itself to be a trap, in a way. Mainly hoped for Shell to do the heavy lifting, however. Realizes now how poor of an idea that is, given how many moves exist.

Guessed the most correct answers, also. Allows you to make the next crossword or pass for someone else to take.

Years
  • Pokeword Puzzles

Theme: Breeding, with an odd one out.
    Kinda feel like sticking to the theme might make this one on the easier side.

Across:
    5. Yoinking your teammate's moves.
    8. One of a kind.
    9. You are you.
    10. This place will help them learn and grow.
    11. Inheriting the good genes.

Down:
    1. It likes to play house.
    2. Like parent, like child.
    3. The child of the stars.
    4. A bit of Fire or Water makes it move faster.
    6. A good meal can really move things along.
    7. The smell of the ocean.

Attachments

• Pokeword Puzzles
      crossword.png
      12.5 KB · Views: 15
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Ooooh, breeding is close to my heart! I better throw some guesses out there.

7 down sounds like wave incense. When you give it to a mantine as a held item, then it can breed a little mantyke.

I think 6 down has something to do with picnics, not sure whether to answer sandwich, or egg power more specifically, but going to try sandwich.

I choose Cleffa for 3 down, as it's the baby of an evolutionary line associated with meteors.

Everstone makes the most sense to me for 2 down right now. If a parent was holding the everstone then it's nature will be passed down to the baby.

Guessing destiny knot for 11 across, since it gives the offspring 5 ev stats from both parents

Daycare feels like a good fit for 10 across, because you can grow levels and learn moves there in some games, it's a school for your pokemon.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Will fill in a few more.

5 across: MirrorHerb. Allows passing egg moves.
    4 down: SteamEngine. Speeds up egg hatching.

Years
  • Ooooh, breeding is close to my heart! I better throw some guesses out there.

7 down sounds like wave incense. When you give it to a mantine as a held item, then it can breed a little mantyke.

I think 6 down has something to do with picnics, not sure whether to answer sandwich, or egg power more specifically, but going to try sandwich.

I choose Cleffa for 3 down, as it's the baby of an evolutionary line associated with meteors.

Everstone makes the most sense to me for 2 down right now. If a parent was holding the everstone then it's nature will be passed down to the baby.

Guessing destiny knot for 11 across, since it gives the offspring 5 ev stats from both parents

Daycare feels like a good fit for 10 across, because you can grow levels and learn moves there in some games, it's a school for your pokemon.

7 down is correct. 'The smell of the ocean' indeed referred to the Wave Incense. Sea Incense would've fit the hint as well, but I assumed the word length would lead people to the Wave incense instead =D

6 down, you're on the right track, but it's not sandwich.
    3 down is not Cleffa, sorry. This one is actually the one that is the odd one out and isn't related to breeding. Probably should've marked it some way. The hint refers to a dex entry. I included it in the crossword simply because it's a child in a way and although not breeding related, still child related.

2 down is correct. I was indeed referencing how natures are locked in and passed down by an everstone.

11 across is correct. The 'good genes' was indeed a reference to passing on IV's by the Destiny Knot.

10 across is correct. It is indeed the Day Care =3

Will fill in a few more.

5 across: MirrorHerb. Allows passing egg moves.
    4 down: SteamEngine. Speeds up egg hatching.

5 across is correct. Technically doesn't involve any actual breeding as this can be done without ever creating an egg, still concerns egg moves though, which is breeding related.
    4 down is also correct. Went with the lesser known ability that speeds up egg hatching =3

Is 9 Furfrou ?

Because Furfrou always hatches in normal trim regardless of parents trims.

9 is across and quite a bit longer than Furfrou I'm afraid. The updated hint for it below might help =3

Pokeword Puzzles

Expanded the hint for 9 across. Originally had a long hint, then shortened it. Lengthened it again, but changed it a bit from what I had originally xD
    Might need to provide more detail on 8 across' hint too.

Across:
    8. One of a kind.
    9. Whether you're judged as no good or the best; you are you.

Down:
    3. The child of the stars. <-- The odd one out, not breeding related.

Attachments

• Pokeword Puzzles
      crossword1.png
      24.8 KB · Views: 14
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    3 down: Cosmog?
    9 across: IndividualValues.
    6 down: EggPower, given sandwich being wrong. Fits in with the above answer, at least.

Years
  • 3 down: Cosmog?
    9 across: IndividualValues.
    6 down: EggPower, given sandwich being wrong. Fits in with the above answer, at least.

All correct =3

Pokeword Puzzles

Across:
    8. One of a kind in the games. There are no others like it.
    9. Whether you're judged as no good or the best; you are you.

Down:
    3. The child of the stars. <-- The odd one out, not breeding related.

VisionofMilotic: 4 correct.
    Devalue: 5 correct.

Attachments

• Pokeword Puzzles
      crossword2.png
      31.4 KB · Views: 15
    Years
  • Let's try Manaphy egg for #8 across. It could carry the title one-of-a-kind, at least in the main series games because as a mythical/legendary it is part of the undiscovered egg group, and the general rule is that these special pokemon can't be bred. Manaphy is an exception though, if you obtained a code from the ranger games and transfered it out.

Adding Happiny for #1 down. This evolutionary line has a marsupial-like belly pouch to carry eggs in. An egg is a kind of house where life grows inside of it. However, Happiny as baby form, is too young to lay eggs herself, Chasey and Blissey can, but she can't yet. The pokedex entries say instead she carries around a stone she found, but pretends that it is an egg, giving the stone to those she cares for. So she is "playing house" in a sense.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Let's try Manaphy egg for #8 across. It could carry the title one-of-a-kind, at least in the main series games because as a mythical/legendary it is part of the undiscovered egg group, and the general rule is that these special pokemon can't be bred. Manaphy is an exception though, if you obtained a code from the ranger games and transfered it out.

Adding Happiny for #1 down. This evolutionary line has a marsupial-like belly pouch to carry eggs in. An egg is a kind of house where life grows inside of it. However, Happiny as baby form, is too young to lay eggs herself, Chasey and Blissey can, but she can't yet. The pokedex entries say instead she carries around a stone she found, but pretends that it is an egg, giving the stone to those she cares for. So she is "playing house" in a sense.

Both are correct!

For the Manaphy Egg, the hint was referring to it's model in the games. All Pokemon eggs looks alike in the games, except for the Manaphy Egg:

Spoiler:

As for Happiny's hint: It's another PokeDex related hint, it's Classification in the PokeDex is the "Playhouse Pokémon".

Which means you've got the most correct words Sam =3

Attachments

• Pokeword Puzzles
      crossword3.png
      34.2 KB · Views: 1
    Years
  • The Manaphy egg is gorgeous, I should've thought more about the appearance, I know it well from the Ranger movie, and how distinctive it is, but at least
    I got there in the end somehow. I also found of creative way to answer happiny, instead of thinking of the pokedex name 😋

Posting a new puzzle for your entertainment and delight everyone! There is a theme to this one, but I won't say what it is, just to keep it from being too easy. Once you get one though, the pattern should start to become clear.

Pokeword Puzzles

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    4 across: Amphy? (In the lighthouse.)
    7 across: RuinsofAlph. (For Unown.)
    8 across: GSBall? Probably Celebi-related.
    9 across: TrainStation? (Figures something along these lines.)
    11 across: SilverCave?
    12 across: WhirlIslands? Associates it with Whirlpool.

Back