• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeword Puzzles

Years
1 down: PinkScarf
10 across: RingDrop

Hoped to cobble together an educated bad guess for 3 down with limited Googling. Met little success. Likely appears in Fortree City (or has a name associated with trees that is not Treehouse). Probably Secret B-something. Ends in a D, assuming 10 across to be right. Potentially Secret Base _ _ _ _ D, but what would fit there? Sword, Grind, Blind, Pound...nothing with an association to a shop or market.

Both are correct!

Pink Scarf boosts Cuteness during contests.
Ring Drop is the Pokeathlon minigame where Pokemon compete by tackling each other, trying to knock opponents out of the ring while staying in the ring themselves. Sort of like sumo, except 4-way.

It reminded me of the possible answer;

SECRET BASE GUILD

I guess there is something to do with number of the flags or similar, and then speak to a person in Fortree City.

Correct! The Secret Base Guild in Fortree City, where you get introduced to the multiplayer things you can do with secret bases, as well as battle with Aarune once a day.
It is also a shop though, there's 2 clerks who sell a lot of secret base decorations.

crossword2-5-png.157956

And then there was only one remaining =3

Theme: Side stuff from the games.

Across.
2. It can be a Pop Star, Rock Star or a Belle, amongst other things.
4. The key to unlocking your own home away from home.
6. Break a stack of ten cement blocks without fainting from Fatigue.
8. This condition is raised when fed Pokéblocks or Poffins made with sour-tasting, yellow-colored Berries.

9. "In the world of the future, Pokemon catch people?!" - Pokéstar Studios related; think scenarios/movies
10. Four way Pokemon Sumo.

Down.
1. Apparel that gives your Pokemon an edge in contests.
3. The treetop shop for all your secret base needs.
5. This place is 'Warm & Kind' and is consistently voted as the most desirable place to live in all of Sinnoh.
7. The owner who introduces himself twice and calls you "dahling".

Devalue: 5 correct.
Delta Crowned Sword: 4 correct.

Attachments

• crossword2-5.png
    crossword2-5.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 17
Days
Sorry for the delay; unavoidable circumstances and some health issues forced me to get late into making the crossword.

The theme is : Pokemon GO.

I had tried to keep it trivial rather than going deep into events, as most of us don't play the game that much, so here I come :

pokemon-go-edition.png

Down :

• 1. If anyone ever been to India, then one can find this Pokemon.
  • 2. The worst signature move, which was nerfed in order to avoid the wreckage on the meta.
  • 3. This Pokemon is very potent across every battle formats wherever it is available.
  • 7. Strongest Legendary Pokemon of it's generation, now in front of you in an altered form.
  • 11. The latest mechanism into the game.

Across :

• 3. Duh Pokemon there; duh Pokemon here !
  • 4. Be prepared for the fastest Hydro Cannon in the game !
  • 5. this move was meant for less bulky Pokemon, but was given to bulky Pokemon who lacks STAB on this move, and as a result this move was nerfed too....
  • 6. This cover Legendary was only available in raids when it made the debut back in 2022, and afterwards it has not made appearance so far.
  • 8. My first topic was; Hello everyone, I am making an ascent. But how ?
  • 9. Do you know who's at focus when we witness a multi-colored shadow ?
  • 10. Do you want shiny Mythical Pokemon ? Be prepare to exert yourselves into toughest grind of the game via_______
  • 12. The Pokemon locked in egg, tough to evolve, hence very rare.

Years
7 down - 13 letters legendary Pokemon. Altered form made me think Dialga & Palkia initially because of their newer PLA forms, but way too short lol
As is Giratina. Origin Palkia/Dialga would be 1 letter short, Origin Giratina is too long.

Wait doesn't Go have Shadow Pokemon... struggling to think of anything long enough that would be the strongest of it's gen otherwise...

Is 7 down 'Shadow Mewtwo' ?

Years
Don't mind me as I forget to remove the space in the letter counter which I was already using out of tiredness lmao

Idk what else has a Shadow form... I think there's a Shadow Lugia, but that's even shorter =P
Probably a legendary from the first three generations...

... Shadow Moltres would fit length wise, no idea if it actually exists lol
... Shadow Suicune... same.

Neither of which are the strongest legendary of their generation imo.
Unless the right direction wasn't referring to shadow Pokemon. *shrugs*

'Shadow Moltres' ?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Time for some bad guesses.

1 down: Miltank? (Heard about Tauros being region-based. Makes sense for Miltank.)

4 across: Floatzel? (Cannot think of any Hydro Cannon Pokemon in the regular games, minus Blastoise. Picked the first quick, 8 letter Pokemon that came to mind.)

6 across: Zacian? (Featured only a few legendaries with six letters on a box.)

7 down: Armored Mewtwo? (Is that a thing?)

12 across: Togekiss? (A well-known egg Pokemon. Not Manaphy or Phione, at any rate.)

Days
1 down: Miltank?
Wrong. Although idea about Tauros is correct, he is regional Pokémon for USA.

4 across: Floatzel?
Wrong.

6 across: Zacian?
Correct. Only featured during it's debut release in 2022, and afterwards both of them are not in raids even till now.

7 down: Armored Mewtwo? (Is that a thing?
Correct.
1713577172957.jpeg

1713577402229.jpeg

You can see the difference in sprites. Armored Mewtwo is bulkier version, whose bulk is on par with Cresselia, but attack is higher than hers.

Event-exclusive Mewtwo which is based on Giovanni's Mewtwo in Viridian Gym in Anime, who was only available during 2018-19, and I was not into the game at that time.

12 across: Togekiss?
Wrong.

Although what you said is correct, but last year we got Togekiss CD, when getting Togekiss was very easy.

Will update the correct entries later on, as I am slightly busy now to edit the image.

Days
Forgot to add the edited puzzle :
1713836060146.png

Down :

• 1. If anyone ever been to India, then one can find this Pokemon.
  • 2. The worst signature move, which was nerfed in order to avoid the wreckage on the meta.
  • 3. This Pokemon is very potent across every battle formats wherever it is available.
  • 7. Strongest Legendary Pokemon of it's generation, now in front of you in an altered form.
  • 11. The latest mechanism into the game.

Across :

• 3. Duh Pokemon there; duh Pokemon here !
  • 4. Be prepared for the fastest Hydro Cannon in the game !
  • 5. this move was meant for less bulky Pokemon, but was given to bulky Pokemon who lacks STAB on this move, and as a result this move was nerfed too....
  • 6. This cover Legendary was only available in raids when it made the debut back in 2022, and afterwards it has not made appearance so far.
  • 8. My first topic was; Hello everyone, I am making an ascent. But how ?
  • 9. Do you know who's at focus when we witness a multi-colored shadow ?
  • 10. Do you want shiny Mythical Pokemon ? Be prepare to exert yourselves into toughest grind of the game via_______
  • 12. The Pokemon locked in egg, tough to evolve, hence very rare.

And another note:

4 across: Floatzel? (Cannot think of any Hydro Cannon Pokemon in the regular games

You might be aware of the exceptions for Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant. And that exception is what you missed last time! 😅

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Ah, right. Meant to fire off one more round of bad guesses.

• 1 down: Snorlax? (Reasoning: Probably originates from Generation 1 and single-stage in that generation.)
  • 2 down: RockWrecker? (Technically not a signature move in the main games, but close. Probably not a legendary's move. Too long for BranchPoke. Fits in the clue.)
  • 3 down: Melmetal? (Almost certainly legendary or mythical. Ought to always be allowed otherwise. Why not the Go exclusive?)
  • 4 across: Greninja? (Never uses Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, or Frenzy Plant. Knows very little about them. Probably teaches them via move tutor in some games. Expects starters to learn them. Conflicts with an earlier answer, but oh well. Did not expect to get any of these correct.)
  • 5 across: Power-UpPunch? (Doubts this. Would likely not include the hyphen. Feels like the kind of move that goes out of control under main game mechanics, though.)
  • 10 across: Not a full guess, but "Research" at the end?
  • 12 across: Munchlax? (Possibly a baby Pokemon. Not Happiny or Tyrogue. Also means sticking an 'X' into 11 down. Oh well.)

Days
4 across: Greninja?
Correct.

Those listed moves are exclusive to starters + Simi-monkey + Mew. As of now Greninja is fastest user of Hydro Cannon. A bit info of mechanics in Pokemon GO Battles, might be helpful to know/search about awful move:

The battles there are 180 seconds only, so the important factor is time, and the one to reach the specific attacks are faster Pokemon. The decisions there are to be taken in split seconds, as we need to calculate what move possibly might the opponent be keeping. Attacks are divided into two categories; Fast and Charged move. The former is the one which generates energy and deals lesser damage, whereas later is the attack which deals massive damage. Each side is given two shields per battles, which blocks the Charged Moves entirely, but not the fast move. For example; Razor Leaf deals massive damage but in return generates less energy, whereas Lock-On deals little to no damage, but generates energy the fastest. Incinerate deals big damage and also generates huge energy, but is very clumsy due to slowest animation.

So in case of Hydro Cannon, Swampert used to be fastest user as it takes around 5 seconds to reach Hydro Cannon, but with arrival of Water Shuriken for Greninja this year, Hydro Cannon is reachable in 4.5 seconds, making Greninja fastest Hydro Cannon user, and reliably defeating Swampert with 0.5 seconds advantage.

10 across: Not a full guess, but "Research" at the end?
Correct; RESEARCH is the last word !

3 down: Melmetal? (Almost certainly legendary or mythical. Ought to always be allowed otherwise. Why not the Go exclusive?)
It is GO-exclusive mostly, as if we have Pokemon HOME account, we can easily get Meltan without much effort. And Melmetal is among the meta Pokemon is Master League, which is ruled by Legendary Pokemon. So it is definitely not duh as such !

Hint: Think about Regigigas.

2 down: RockWrecker? (Technically not a signature move in the main games, but close.
The one there is a signature move !

12 across: Munchlax?
Wrong; a bit insight is that the evolved Pokemon is considered there, and evolution is the restricted, plus big RNG slog of walking 12 km.
1 down: Snorlax? (Reasoning: Probably originates from Generation 1 and single-stage in that generation.)
Although I didn't got it why it would be regional Pokemon !!

The Regional Pokemon which I am saying about is based from real-life Wild animals/concepts in the world. For example, Bison are found in US, hence Tauros is available only there. Kangaroos are in Australia, hence Kangaskhan is in Australia. Egypt and Greece have ruins, hence Sigilyph is there. Comfey is in Hawaii, Hawlucha in Mexico, considering their lucha style wrestling aka Rey Mysterio in WWE. So this might help you a bit. And that real-world animal is based on cultural aspect.

5 across: Power-UpPunch? (Doubts this. Would likely not include the hyphen. Feels like the kind of move that goes out of control under main game mechanics, though.)
Yes, hyphen is not included. And your idea is correct, but you need to think of it from opponent's perspective !

Back