• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Politics] Does This Surprise You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
  • Gr8Person62 said:
    And Allelulia to that! Finally, someone educated enough to know the proper truth, not just what America wanted them to know. I'v been sick of all this stuff that people say, and think they're right. I'v had to live with it for 2 years now. If only everyone in the world saw things the way SC did.
    over?
    Why are you so dead set to think your right and every one that dont go a long with you is wrong. Always saying you only know one side. And saying if I dont go a long with you then im not educated enough to know the proper truth. You think your right on everything you say.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Arcanine said:
    Why are you so dead set to think your right and every one that dont go a long with you is wrong. Always saying you only know one side. And saying if I dont go a long with you then im not educated enough to know the proper truth. You think your right on everything you say.
    That's true, I went on like that in an WWII thread at PIO 2 month ago and the others participating got mad:knockedou:laugh::P

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Gr8Person62 said:
    And Allelulia to that! Finally, someone educated enough to know the proper truth, not just what America wanted them to know. I'v been sick of all this stuff that people say, and think they're right. I'v had to live with it for 2 years now. If only everyone in the world saw things the way SC did.
    Now i'm from the middle east, so believe me, I know it all. Not so much the political side, but more whats been exaggrrated, and what excuses have been made up. After the US pulled their forces from Iraq, they claimed that they found no WMD, and appologised for it. Before they went to attack, they where almost certain they had WMD. Explain that..
    Most people I know would say America just wanted oil. This probably isn't all that true, but the thing is, within the war, just when they "thought" they had killed Sadam, they went to fetch themselves some oil. Now you probably where never told about this, but it actually happened. It was broadcasted on Arabic TV. With footage of it happening, so theres some proof. It's disgusting though! Couldn't have they at least waited untill they claimed the war was over?

Hmm, theres a lot to say, but most of it will probably be useless to you.

now don't become Bush yourself... "You either go my way or the highway" (bush quote) and the other one of "i am right" thinking from bush is "you are either siding with us or the terrorist"... bush is trying to force countries to take a side or something? there's a grey area in everything you know...

now i also believed that Bush lied to us about WMD. But we can always put our heated emotions (hatred) towards Bush into nicer words. Just because Bush did all these "terrible stuff" to you, that doesn't mean you have to lose your temper... calm down first, then post again. This is how all those flame war begins in political threads. Let's not let this topic be closed down again for the 2nd time. Kairi is nice enough to reopen it before...

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Well, they may have killed other people, but they are the ones who bombed us and have made many terrorist attacks.We are just trying to make the world safer.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • DragonTrainer said:
    Well, they may have killed other people, but they are the ones who bombed us and have made many terrorist attacks.We are just trying to make the world safer.

I'm pretty sure they were planes...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Terrorists need to be arrested (not destroyed... they're still human in the end) and that's facts. But what tells us that the Iraqis are the terrorist, or are related to terrorists? There's solid proof that Al-Qaeda is responsible for the attack of 9/11, and so it's right for President Bush to disband Al-Qaeda. But after 140 days of searching for WMD in Iraq, where are they? So if it ends up that it is proven Iraq doens't have any relationship with terrorists and doesn't have any WMD, then didn't US just slaughtered tons of innocents?

I believed that Bush could have done alternatives against Iraq, like stop all trades with Iraq to just put Iraq into economic deadlock. War should be a last resort, and shouldn't be used unless there's solid proof.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    Terrorists need to be arrested (not destroyed... they're still human in the end) and that's facts. But what tells us that the Iraqis are the terrorist, or are related to terrorists? There's solid proof that Al-Qaeda is responsible for the attack of 9/11, and so it's right for President Bush to disband Al-Qaeda. But after 140 days of searching for WMD in Iraq, where are they? So if it ends up that it is proven Iraq doens't have any relationship with terrorists and doesn't have any WMD, then didn't US just slaughtered tons of innocents?

I believed that Bush could have done alternatives against Iraq, like stop all trades with Iraq to just put Iraq into economic deadlock. War should be a last resort, and shouldn't be used unless there's solid proof.

It's a war...and in all wars...there are collateral damage...and some of those "Innocent People" broke some rules of war and killed our men to, and some of britains..or englands or whoever the people with the big red cross in their flag is...man I'm an idiot :laugh:

BOO ya!

Gr8Person62

I do stuff.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2003
    frostweaver said:
    now don't become Bush yourself... "You either go my way or the highway" (bush quote) and the other one of "i am right" thinking from bush is "you are either siding with us or the terrorist"... bush is trying to force countries to take a side or something? there's a grey area in everything you know...

now i also believed that Bush lied to us about WMD. But we can always put our heated emotions (hatred) towards Bush into nicer words. Just because Bush did all these "terrible stuff" to you, that doesn't mean you have to lose your temper... calm down first, then post again. This is how all those flame war begins in political threads. Let's not let this topic be closed down again for the 2nd time. Kairi is nice enough to reopen it before...

First thing, I'd never, ever become a Bush myself. Only one thing I'm wondering, where exactly was it in my post that I was "Mad" and "Hated" Bush? I don't see that. Especially the word "Bush", not once was it typed.

Arcanine, I don't have to reply to you, but I want to, so I will. Please don't take me wrong, I didn't direct that towards you. You seem to think everything isa imed at you, but certainly in this case it isn't. I only quoted that SC's post was true. Not about the part where he said stuff about you, but the WMD part.
    Now yes, I have my oppinions, but sometimes what you say is completly out of context. Most of what you say too, is just based on what you've been told.

If there is anyone out there, who can bring me 100% proof of WMD, and 100% innosence to America, then sure, I'l believe whatever you say.

The only reason I'm dead set I'm right about what I say, is becuase it is true. If something isn't true, then I won't say it, unless I state it's my personal oppinion. I know that what some things people say against my beliefs may be true, but hey, I'm not sticking up for the terrorists, I'm sticking up for the innocent who have been "tagged" as the terrorist whithin this war. I know there are terrorists out there, I know Americans died, the only thing is, that your the one who fails to see that America is also the terrorist, and is also killing innocent poeple, and you just make it sound like there all so good and righteous.
    In rebuttle to this, I'm assuming that your going to say "But Al-Quida attacked us first". I told you previously, America where the ones responsible for the devestation of many Arab nations.
    This may seem like flaming to you, but It's not. I just replyed, and said what I believe to defend myself from your accusation. If you think I'm angry at you, and wrote this whith anger or whater, I didn't. You probably hate me now Arcanine, but I don't.

Funny, I can't think of many other countries that have killed more innocent people in foreign conflicts than the United States.

Go the good guys! -_-;

There arn't any good guys in this War. Theres the terrorist, and the innocent. In a war, someone innocent will always die. And killing people for revenge doesn't make you any more innocent to whom your getting revenge on.

Personaly, I hate Al-Quida. Please don't think I support them... :)

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • LOL why is hate so common to you? -.-;;; Arcanine was as right as you were, he shouldn't have anything to lose.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2011
    Arcanine, the reason there are people getting the mentality that you're wrong is that you've presented such a case which lacks the incorporation of raw facts, evidence and simple truths. America post-9/11 is basically an angry, awoken giant which wishes to freely point its finger and impose its values on anywhere it chooses, and it won't go down that way. I can't believe how much, only two-years-on from 9/11, worldwide public support for the US has dropped like a stone. The way I see it is that you can't see any further than "America = good; Anti-America = bad" and this part of the swimming pool is far too deep for you, hence you not continuing this topic with me. How am I supposed to believe that you're "right" when you go around locking my topic and backing down after my first reply to you?

Shining Arcanine mentioned the President's duty is to put his country first before others. So you think that by angering people into hatred of the United States, ignoring international organisations and making false allegations against countries, you're going to solve the world's problems? How exactly is that going to help win a war on terrorism, when in most developed (and plenty of undeveloped) countries less than half have a favourable view of the United States? I'd really love to know.

The only way I can see support for the US rising again is if they get someone like Wesley Clark or Hillary Clinton into office, and dispose of some of the lying, scandalous hooligans currently occupying the White House.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Well im staying out of threads about politics, and im going to tell you to SHUT UP again saying "this part of the swimming pool is far too deep for you", your saying I dont know what im talking about, well mabe you dont know what your talking about StarCaliber.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Arcanine, I told everyone not insult anyone even if they say something you don't like about you. Telling him to shut up won't get us anywhere, and I may begin regretting opening this again.

We'd get a lot further if we could express things in a kind manner, crude insults only breed more crude insults.

Debates can get heated, but I've warned everyone to stay away from personal insults. This will be closed if any more of this goes on, and I won't open it again.

Maybe you found his comment inappropriate, but you could just say "I don't think that comment was appropriate" or whatever.

StarCaliber, you have to realize that people will take almost anything angled at them as an insult. You should have tried to reveal your view to him more, and ask why he feels the way he does. Respect his 100% American view, and hopefully he'll respect your view.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • Arcanine said:
    Well im staying out of threads about politics, and im going to tell you to SHUT UP again saying "this part of the swimming pool is far too deep for you", your saying I dont know what im talking about, well mabe you dont know what your talking about StarCaliber.

That's just his way Arcanine...I remember way back when in PE2K...he was quite convinced of his own superiority...not much has changed...

This has no longer become a topic about politics...eesh... this is closed...reopen it if you guys feel the need to, but I wouldn't recomend it seeing as someone may get banned through so much flaming...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back