• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Poll on shiny collecting in D/P

Do you collect shinies on D/P?

• Very determined shiny collector

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Casual collector

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    I was wondering out of curiosity... how many people here would say they collect shinies on a serious level, compared with those who don't, in Diamond and Pearl? I'm just curious...

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I sometimes hunt for shinies, but its so hard to get them. lol I only seen 2 shinies in my Pearl using the poke'radar so far.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Hmm.. i'm a casual shiny collecter, sometimes i go on a massive rampage looking for shinies, but it kinda dies away after a few minutes, lol.

Patchy

-
    Years
    I'm a HUGE fan of shinies. (As you'd see from my trade thread :P.)

I always look for them with Pokeradar, but dislike soft resetting, so I don't do it. I trade for those instead. :P

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    When my wifi decides to work, im a hardcore collector over wifi. I will complete the dex in shiny, 120/7000 done :P
    I cant be bothered to catch them myself though, too much effort. I spend most of my time EVing and dont have time to attempt chaining.

Years
    A shiny every so often is nice indeed, but I do not go out of my way, such as codes, to get them. I'm perfectly fine with the normal look of any pokemon.

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
    Years
    i have gotten all of the normal pokes that can be obtain at this point so i look into getting shinies. that is the only reason i have like 60+ shinies.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    iim very determined. so far, i have around 70, around 10-15 were caught myself from chaining, or random encounter.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Shiny pokemon have little importance to me. If I do happen to find a shiny pokemon, that's nice. If I don't, I'm perfectly fine. I'm more focused on IVs and natures and would be much happier if I found a Pokemon with a good IV spread / Nature than a shiny. But if I do get a shiny pokemon with perfect IVs and a great nature, then that's fantastic. 8D

Cid

Years
    I have a Shiny Riolu... Though nothing seems to be different when compared to normal ones...

I guess I'm not much of a collector because they are really really really rare...

Years
    Im A causual collecter but im slowly buliding up i got a lot better at chaning and im trying to get every pokemon shiny right now i got 12 but I might try to become a supper shiney collecter but right now im more causual

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Also to add to my 999 hours of gameplay do to shiny hunting I got over 200. Its draining batteries out of my DS so badly I am afraid of the electric bill

Iron Shaman

Metagamer Lite
    Years
    There are very few shinies I like, and they're only good GTS bait to me, so i don't really care. =P

Having a shiny pokémon with good IVs is really nice, but I'd much rather breed a pokémon with a lot of stats in 29-31 than have a shiny with okay IVs/nature.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    I collect shinies when I check the Pokedex and say "OMG I love this Poke". That's when I start looking for them, I think people focus too much on shinies and should just do it as a fun thing ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i've seen one shiny (and i ran from it) and i hatched one. the rest of my shinys are trades

Back