• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll: What do you want in a hack story

What do you want in a hack story?

• Romance

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Funny Stuff

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Tournaments

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Other Things

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Hi, if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.
    Anyway I might be making a hack story with a couple of friends on YouTube and I was wondering what to put in it. Feel free to put whatever ideas you have here. I may not make this but if you want to be in it contact me on YouTube (I'm Pokepal17).

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Aww, no ones posted? I think this a pretty good idea.

I'd like to see a hack with a complex storyline and adult themes. No, I don't mean sex, drugs and alcohol. I mean a story that people can relate to, things that happen everyday outside of a childs world. Tragedy is a theme I have never seen in a Pokemon hack.

Yeah thats all I've got for now. I can't think properly today. I might edit this later.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    a good hack would be a hack for everyone with no bad lauguge and a easy to unserstand story

Hat?

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    A hack with betrayal in it would be good to play I think, and ones where the good guys don't win 100% of the time, unlike some TV shows where you know certain main characters are never going to be killed.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I want a hack with originality. I don't like the standard 'defeat the evil team because they captured a Pokemon!' or 'get all eight badges because you gotta be a champ/because I said so'

I want a story with depth, one where people get glued to playing it, (with breaks of course >:D) I want a storyline that nobody has ever used before, not like a reanactment, like one of say... a movie of some sort. I want a story with originality, not somebody elses idea!

I would also like a story with plot turning events, and options to choose from ingame.

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
    Years
    The plot shouldn't be too dramatic. Often in an attempt to be "original", hacks overdo it and involve murder and international plots and conspiracies and betrayal and death and love and its just too much. A hack should feel like it could really happen.

A hack is just a game as well. It's very difficult to portray emotions and the like in the same way a book or movie can. Some people are too ambitious and it doesn't work.

A nice half-way house between the regular story and the above would be good. Small details as well that are like real life: the little problems of a teenager, random things people think of, I don't know. So, yeah. Be original, but keep it real.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Romance is the main one. No more defeat 8 gyms because I told you so, I'll make it defeat the 8 gyms for practise to win your love life! That's what I want in a hack.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    I prefer mature hacks honestly. Something that's fun though, and more on the lines of realistic (bad example: "HEY TAKE THIS POKEMANS WITH YOU LOLOLOL. NO REASON NEEDED"...)

Something that makes sense. As long as it has that in it then it's good.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I want original information, like in a good book.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Hmm, bearing all that in mind, I've decided to start to make my Hack story. Thanks for the advice and wish me success!
    This doesn't mean that I don't need your help anymore. Please keep posting your ideas.

CyberForte

Calculmancer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 15, 2022
    Just a passing thought that this thread inspired: a hack with a visual novel-like romance system? At first, it seemed utterly impractical, but... I think it might be workable as long as you can play with cross-map variables. Have a set of heroines (or heroes, depending) with extra scripting that allows you to interact them beyond the normal level, maybe a few trainer, a gym leader, some NPCs, and even an E4 member, and then enough so that you could, with one of them, instigate an actual romantic relationship. Each one might have seperate events you could unlock by furthering your relationship with him/her, double battles, dates, explorations, cut-scenes in a romantic spot.... I don't know if this would be too hard, honestly, but it doesn't seem like it'd be impossible, so... just a thought, if it interests you.
    -CF

Back