• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poppin' Champagne!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years

There's more than one category you know! Besides, it's half a Gav, I'm in a graphics slump. Hopefully there'll be more entrants this time 'round.

You're...participating? Dang it. Even in a slump, I'm sure you'll whup me. XD I just hope you don't pick the same category as me. XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'll try to participate in the Graphics event...
    ...And that would be only if I find I sudden boost of confidence from somewhere. XD;;

I'll participate in it if there's emblems for participating. /won't win

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Seriously, all you graphics people, pro or not, get an entry in. A graphic does not need to be perfectly executed to win, if the concept and everything is original and intriguing, that is all a factor in the judging process.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024

You're...participating? Dang it. Even in a slump, I'm sure you'll whup me. XD I just hope you don't pick the same category as me. XD

I'll participate in it if there's emblems for participating. /won't win

Just because I'm entering doesn't mean anything XD
    I've been beaten plenty of times when it comes to graphics, by people less experienced than me too. Besides, it's all in the manner of fun, you'd never know how much the judges like your pieces!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Seriously, all you graphics people, pro or not, get an entry in. A graphic does not need to be perfectly executed to win, if the concept and everything is original and intriguing, that is all a factor in the judging process.

^This. Besides, you only get better through experience, and what better experience than a contest where you get to see all sorts of examples being submitted?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Lol, I'm in a slump too. Hope my dad somehow allows me to sit on Windows or I won't even get to participate. XD;

And as for the map off, it requires mapping in advance map, right? I'll try to give it a shot. Then again, if my dad lets me sit on Windows....

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

lol
    Nica.
    As emblem hungry as ever. It won't be long till you beat Gav at emblems.

And if that is the case, participate in our map-off contest! We have emblems for participants as well. :P

lolno I can't make maps. THAT'S ALMOST PIXEL ART! :(

(Somewhat?)

I'll go for easy emblems! :D

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Advance map, paint, photoshop, RMXP anything XD
    I'll be entering the mapping contest too. My last map took me a week though. It was 1400x1400px for a Game Development mapping contest.

Years
    Lol, I'm in a slump too. Hope my dad somehow allows me to sit on Windows or I won't even get to participate. XD;

And as for the map off, it requires mapping in advance map, right? I'll try to give it a shot. Then again, if my dad lets me sit on Windows....
    If you're using Linux, get Wine or someother Windows emulator. Then you will be able to work on Advance Map. Just a side note, you can also use Photoshop, GIMP, RPG Maker XP, etc.

derozio

Years
    I'll make a craptastic map just for the emblem. jk. I'll try my best. Although I've only used Advance Map once or twice. And I'm not really sure how to make maps in the other programs. ;;

Perhaps I can participate in the mapping thing even if I don't get to sit on windows by using GIMP. Then again, I'm kinda alien when it comes to GIMP. >(

Off-topic; Oh and merv, Bharat has agreed to giving you his theme. ;P

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
    2 days,17 hour,35 minutes left till the new year from when i post XD
    anyways i was thinking to make a new game for pokemon from gamemaker 8(started it but i was tooo lazy so it ended) but with new year i might get new confidence and maybe new gen(gen 6)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Wow Kaori's, wolflare's and Luke's black tie thread are so well made and attractive! I wanted to participate in them all just because of the front page, buuut I can't sing and have no ev'd pokemon on me :(

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    Ah, 2011. I hope this will be a perfect year. Lol and yet, I can't wait to celebrate, too.
    Busy year once again and yet going to have to look for a job.
    I also do hope 2011 will be a fantastic year, had a rough 2010. O_e

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wow Kaori's, wolflare's and Luke's black tie thread are so well made and attractive! I wanted to participate in them all just because of the front page, buuut I can't sing and have no ev'd pokemon on me :(

I think you're forgetting Christmas in Unova. Clearly it's very attractive.

...even if it's not related. XD

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Yeah not going to enter mapping just for the emblem.
    I've never tried or considered mapping (although I once took a stab at spriting) and I reckon having an emblem for it would be ew considering I've never actually done it before.

derozio

Years
    I think you're forgetting Christmas in Unova. Clearly it's very attractive.

...even if it's not related. XD
    What is that I don't even.

Lol, you should still give it a shot. Learning new things ain't really all that bad of a thing, moments. I'm a first timer too. If I find the emblem 'eww'ish or something, I'd decline it even after participating. You can do the same. XD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back