• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Possibility of a private pokemonbank server

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    I was wondering if there is any speculation about whether anyone will develop a pokemon bank program similar to the custom GTS servers that have been around for a while. I know this is probably early to ask seeing as the official one isn't even out but that would be pretty awesome if you could just load up a folder with pkms or just backup all your pokemon at once.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    we have these things called PC boxes...the idea of a cloud storage makes me cringe

ah, well it's kinda like Box Ruby/Sapphire

I know I won't be using it, I rarely catch more then 50-60 pokemon throughout the game

most likely some person with a knack for it will create a way to make private banks, so just wait a bit

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    See I mainly want it so I can backup my pokemon on my computer so if someone steals my games again I don't lose all of them honestly the worst part about having games stolen isn't the fact that I have to buy another games it's losing all my pokemon I have become attached to.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Now that X and Y are out, you know ROM hacking will explode like it does with every new Pokémon game. So who knows? Maybe. And I'm sure somebody will decrypt the wireless signals of 3DS games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I enjoy the Pokemon Bank. When I collect pokemon and if I decide to open up a shop then this feature will be useful. If we see an alternative, then hacks will be all over the place and that will be quite annoying. v.v

Years
  • I enjoy the Pokemon Bank. When I collect pokemon and if I decide to open up a shop then this feature will be useful. If we see an alternative, then hacks will be all over the place and that will be quite annoying. v.v

How can you enjoy something that isn't even out yet?

As for me, I'll primarily use this feature to transfer from Gen V (all those shiny, perfect 'mons are waiting for me to take them away), though if I feel like resetting the game to do nuzlocke or something, I'll have something to back up.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    If they retain their $5 price tag for yearly service, then I can't see myself not using it for future games.

Ugh but private servers and whanot. Yeah, I can picture someone doing something like this. It's bound to happen eventually, whether it be something like you mentioned in terms of private servers, or something completely different. The people that hack each new Pokemon game seem to love doing it, gives them some sort of challenge every time. Personally, won't bother me too much at all. It's definitely too early to see anything concrete happen though.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    that is highly unlikely and as others said, hacking would be rampant and we don't want that to happen right?

Back