• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Possible Pokégear features

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2009
    I am holding onto $169 just for a DSi incase thta happens.
    I hope there will be DSi only techs.
    Music app for the Radio on the game would be nice.
    Being able to save Battle Videos...

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I don't want a DSi, but Nintendo would sure lose a lot of money if they passed this up.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    i hope not.. i'm sick of having to buy systems over and over again

Amenn to that, plus the reason I have my DS is so I can still play my old Frogger game... DSi's honestly look like a waste of my money. So I really, really hope they don't do something like that.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Looking at the most recent CoroCoro scans, I can definitely say it has been altered quite some bit. There has been seen a unclear picture of maybe many new added features for the 'Gear on teh touchscreen, but is still unsure of. It also appears as though they've designed the Pokégear with blue for boys, and pink for girls. In addition to this, there has been noted that the new DSi featured camera might be incorporated with the more modern PokéGear.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The comparison shows a large difference to me and the new one looks even better.

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
    I'm down the texting idea.

Instead of a "disruptive box of message", we can get like a little Poke Ball icon appearing on the touch screen for every text message we get. Touch the Poke Ball, and the text message will pop up on the touch screen. Ahah, I don't know.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Texting is very likely. It's modernized, a cool concept, and you don't have to sit through their rambling when they call!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I want text messages. It looks cool, plus, you don't have to endure through millions of text while you ramble...

They HAVE TO have a delete button for the messages. That feature is not to be missed.

Years
    I actually liked the phone on the pokegear. I felt like trainers actually remembered me and it was like they cared about me. (I never really get phone calls irl, but then again, I don't give anyone my number.) I wouldn't mind if they said more than "My Rattata is looking awesome...It defeated Pidgey the other day..." Besides, if you don't want people calling you, you don't have to have their number on there. If you really get that annoyed over someone calling you, remove them from your call list. You can do that. (Not in Hoenn which was annoying, but you were able to do that in GS.) I really liked the radio and it was something good to listen to while walking through Goldenrod City. (Though, I would prefer if the music from the radio stayed even when you go into a new town/route.) The lullaby was pretty, the Lucky Channel was great, and I really liked the "PokeMarch." ^_^ (Humming it right now.) The radio and the phone are my favorite. I don't need anything else. :)

As a new feature, though, I would like to be able to call people via wifi. Maybe the people whose friend codes I have? Just punch in the friend code and call that person. We can have options (words/phrases) of what to say to them.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    As a new feature, though, I would like to be able to call people via wifi. Maybe the people whose friend codes I have? Just punch in the friend code and call that person. We can have options (words/phrases) of what to say to them.
    That is more like a phone service between the 2. I would love it but I doubt it. Imagine walking through Johto while you are talking to your friend. Oh I got to go now I'm going to go stare at the Kimono girls! XD

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Maybe we can get Gym Leader's numbers? I would love to chat with Falkner, Morty or Misty over the phone for a while.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    That is more like a phone service between the 2. I would love it but I doubt it. Imagine walking through Johto while you are talking to your friend. Oh I got to go now I'm going to go stare at the Kimono girls! XD
    "Hey, GOLD! You gotta hear this, I'm gettin' horny looking at the Kimono girls! Well I gotta go, bye!"

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Maybe we can get Gym Leader's numbers? I would love to chat with Falkner, Morty or Misty over the phone for a while.
    I am betting gym leaders numbers only and only cause they will have us go through them again to beat level 100 perfect red team. Also how the hell do you open the new one. Do you pull down on the round part or something?XD

Years
    Dude, the Kimono girls were cool. ^_^ I like the Ho-Oh thing. Maybe if they say something like "Hey, ___ did you hear? Jasmine isn't at the gym. It's like she disappeared without anyone noticing? Can you find her? Seriously, like twenty kids are standing in front of her gym, but the guard says she's not back yet. Anyways, got to go. Peace out, G." Lol Something like that would be nice. I wish we could get Kurt (the Apricorn guy's) phone number. That way, he could contact us when our Apricorn Balls are ready.

Lol I would like if Whitney called me to cry over breaking a nail because she lost the battle against me. B/c that seems like something she would do. Lol I just beat Whitney by only using a Machop that I got in an in-game trade.

Last edited:

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Dude, the Kimono girls were cool. ^_^ I like the Ho-Oh thing. Maybe if they say something like "Hey, ___ did you hear? Jasmine isn't at the gym. It's like she disappeared without anyone noticing? Can you find her? Seriously, like twenty kids are standing in front of her gym, but the guard says she's not back yet. Anyways, got to go. Peace out, G." Lol Something like that would be nice. I wish we could get Kurt (the Apricorn guy's) phone number. That way, he could contact us when our Apricorn Balls are ready.

Lol I would like if Whitney called me to cry over breaking a nail because she lost the battle against me. B/c that seems like something she would do. Lol I just beat Whitney by only using a Machop that I got in an in-game trade.
    I can see Whitney sending spam texts with superfluous smileys.
    ;DDDDD x33333 <333333

Back