• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possibly the end of Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemasterDX

Pokemon Master! Can prove
    Years
    I've found an article online from Nintendo saying that they plan to stop making games for Pokemon when the new GBA and Gamecube comes out. They are currently looking for something to replace it...

PokemasterDX

Years
    There's a lot of hints of it's end... The past few games that have come out have been nothing but remakes. Easy sign that Nintendo isn't trying to work on Pokemon much anymore. I think it's cause people say the Gamecube is to kiddy.

PokemasterDX

Years
    The president of Nintendo Co. Ltd, Satoru Iwata, has come out again to say that the direction of the company is not to join the other console manufacturers in making gamers pay extra for online games. Then he also went on to say that Nintendo is investing some of their $6 billion dollars on the successors to the next GameCube and Game Boy. Unfortunately he doesn?t say how much, we only know that it?s "some." Iwata made a bold statement that Nintendo?s developers are hard at work on the next-generation stars to replace Mario and Pok?mon.

Now Mario too...

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    No I don't think it will happen and don't beleive everything you read on the internet unless it is actually on an Official Nintendo site and I don't think they will get rid of Mario cus look it is probably the most popular Nintendo character and that is why they sell thier consoles. Plus the DS is coming out in November in America and I dought they will stop makeing Pokemon games cus Emerald isn't out till next year.

Oh yeah please don't doulble post just use the edit button.

Pokemon_Veteran

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Not true. Nintendo is not that dum. And Pokemon Veteran is right, then why is Emerald coming out next year? And if thats why you double post, you can use the edit button to delete too!

paige pelletier

Fruits Basket (Furba) fan
    Years
    LIAR!!!! your scaring me!!! WAAAAAHHHH! pokemon wouldn't just die like that plenty of people still like it and also it was a fad but some fads become loves!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Okay, I have soem thigns to say of this.

First of all, Mario will never disappear. Mario is Nintendo's first and most important Trademark. Nintendo has no image without Mario. so the chances of them getting rid of him is zero. Second, Pokemon continues to make them thousands of dollars world wide and always holds a top ten position around the top for several months before sliding down the charts. Ruby Sapphire even held teh charts fora full year before finally losing it's position. Plus they have just rescently started remerchandising their pokemon toys, games, electronic devices, and other mediums. Pokemon has had a steady increase in popularity in teh last year, epecially in teh games. Plus the card game has gotten back on it's feet, and has redeveloped to the point where they are now holding yearly competitions for world champ, as well as prerelease events, sanctioned tourneys, and they even brought back the Pokemon League with the badges and everything. Then there is of course the Pokemon center that makes plenty of money in New York city, and then there are four more in Japan. Plus, there is the plans for the Pokemon Emerald next year, and Japan is planning on building themselves their very own Pokemon Themed Them Park.

So frankly, to sum it all up, to rebuild Pokemon up so well and then to just drop it is not only a really bad business move, it's down right stupid. And since Nintendo is the oldest and most experienced of the gaming platforms currently in existence, I doubt they would make such a foolish mistake. It osunds more to me like wherever you got your info was jsut people creating false rumors in order to rile up the pokemon gamers and make us upset. Haters are like that. :\

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    I will resume this to 4 words: Double Posting and Liying.
    Its not the end of Pkmn, and it will never be. I bet Game Freak has lots of plans to DS and to the succesor of Cube. Theyre making Remakes, but with new lands, new attacks, new graphics and etc...
    And like Pogiforce said, Mario wont too... For almost the same reasons...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Nintendo dropping Pokemon and Mario? Nah, that's a joke. Pokemon and Mario games brings in lots and lots of money for Nintendo (if you ask me I would say Pokemon and Mario brings in the most money from all the other games that is just for Nintendo). So they would not do something stupid like drop Pokemon.
    And how come there is a 4th gen of Pokemon going to come up if they are going to stop making Pokemon games? So you can be sure there is no remake there.

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Nintendo dropping Pokemon and Mario? Nah, that's a joke. Pokemon and Mario games brings in lots and lots of money for Nintendo (if you ask me I would say Pokemon and Mario brings in the most money from all the other games that is just for Nintendo). So they would not do something stupid like drop Pokemon.
    And how come there is a 4th gen of Pokemon going to come up if they are going to stop making Pokemon games? So you can be sure there is no remake there.
    I agree, Pokemon was what made the original Game Boy a hit and its one of the biggest trademarks of Nintendo games (like Mario and Zelda) no way will they ever stop making Pokemon.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    If you want us to believe what you have said, please provide the link to the article. That way, we can see for ourselves if what you have said is true. For me, I doubt Pokemania will ever end, and there's no reason why developments in Pokemon games should be stalled. Maybe there are just too many Pokemon, but the storylines can always be changed.

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
    okay who and WHY gave me a bad reputation point in this thread? I dont see anything wrong with my post O_o.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Probably some hater. wouldn't be surprised if they didn't like us not believeing it and decided to et to us some other way. I better go check mine and see if they didn't give me some bad rep too. :\

edit: No, they didn't. But I tell you what, I'll give you some good rep for being a good debater and to help make up for that other rep someone else gave you. :D

Years
    liers make pikachu cries.

they wouldn't kill mario:
    there a DS game for him.
    his games sell
    and last HE THE COMPANY MOSCOT

the won't kill pika and friends (POKEMON)
    the next games are coming
    new pkmn are being made (unfortuty)
    it still big in Japan (they may stop going to US thougth. i hope that doesn't happen)
    and it making money for them. millons of people a year buys a gameboy just for playing a pkmn game (i did)

you lie you lie.

i hope a charizard comes and attacks you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back