• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post your unpopular Pokémon opinions

Sea Salt

I think I'm sane
Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    PMD > Main series

The PMD games genuinely felt like an adventure, the characters felt well developed and the games where actually difficult. I think the main games lack in all of these traits.

Also, Explorer's soundtrack is earsex.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    I can agree with what most people are saying.

I always catch the regis in those generation games but they get a little too much love. Way too much work for not much outcome. They do all play a part in the pokemon league if you feel like putting all your time in them. Takes forever to train them and when you catch them all their moves are trash

I do think normal pokemon are underrated. They don't have huge weaknesses like grass-water or water-fire. They learn a ton of moves, and can be actually a huge help if you give them some stat upgrades. With that being said, a zigzagoon is still a zigzagoon...it's not much of a Pokemon. Im talking in the ballpark of a slaking or a lilipup for those who play ds gen games (black&white in particular) Talking other generations, my opinions probably vary.

One thing of mine is always take the fire pokemon at the start. They typically have more power and are harder to find. You can find grass and water types that are just as powerful as the other two starters.

I thought I was the only one who like platinum. I like platinum down. The newer games are being a little rushed and have too many features. Then again, theres always room for improvements

Last edited by a moderator:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Gulpin and by extension Swalot are freaking adorable. Typhlosion is totally rad, and they should have kept Pikachu fat. Fat Pikachu and Fat Raichu are cute!

Also they should have ended the anime years ago.

Years
  • I know it's about pokemon but I would like to mention something unusual in the anime.
    In black & white anime, in Lenora's gym, her herdier used giga impact on ash's tepig but tepig survived but later in the match tepig won the badge for ash by defeating Lenora's herdier (or watchog) by tackling it.
    I want to say that it showed that tackle is more powerful than giga impact

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    1) HG/SS are my least favorite games in the main series. I didn't like Gen II much to begin with, but I like the remakes even less. For some reason, even though I'm not absolutely 100% in love with G/S/C, when I fire them up I can play for hours. However, I can't do the same with HG/SS. I can't quite put my finger on it, but even playing those for 20 minutes is boring. Actually, it's not just boring... it's draining. Playing those for a bit makes me not want to play a Pokémon game for the rest of the month.

2) I haven't played OR/AS yet, but I've listened to the OST. It's... okay I guess. I feel like most of the tracks are just very watered down versions of the originals. Don't get me wrong, they do sound amazing... but they don't exactly pack as much of a punch as the originals. There are some exceptions however, namely Brendan's/May's battle theme, the Golems' battle theme, Slateport City, Deoxys' battle theme, and the Safari Zone (which I actually strongly disliked back in R/S/E... this one is so, so much better). The only track that makes me wanna mute the volume is Maxie's/Archie's battle theme. I don't think they did a good job on that one.

3) I think B/W are vastly superior to any of the games that came before, and to their sequels. Can't say anything about OR/AS and X/Y as I haven't played those so that's why I'm not all-out declaring "B/W ARE THE BEST GAMES EVAH".

I loved how they only included Gen V Pokémon, and I feel that's what they should have done in any generation. It's kinda like learning a new language. When you find yourself in a situation where you have to speak another language you haven't exactly mastered and don't have the option to fall back on your native language to communicate, you have your back against the wall. You have to speak this new language. That's what happens when you only put the new Pokémon. There are no old, familiar faces. Fans have to learn the new Pokémon's names and typings, because they really don't want to do something as stupid as using Dig on Scraggy just 'cause they think it's an Electric-type. They have to adapt to this completely new setting.
    I thought it was brilliant, though I can understand why so many people have found it frustrating.

Besides this, I loved the storyline. They managed to avoid what pretty much killed the Sinnoh games - having two climaxes. You beat the League and Team Plasma at the same time, and the plot doesn't run out. In D/P/Pt, you beat Team Galactic, and then you're left to beat the last two Gyms so that you can reach the League. Without any plot behind it.
    The characters were great. I liked Cheren's development. As for Bianca, it was kinda... ehh. I felt honestly bad about having to break her dreams myself since the game doesn't give you any other options, and I felt so bad when N said she learned the sad truth that not everyone can be strong. But after that, she just gets dropped and acts as a random bodyguard to people. I didn't like that. As for N, the only thing I will say is that I lost many man-points crying over his backstory. I'm ashamed of it, yes.
    The music was awesome. Some of my favorite tracks are The Dreamyard, Undella Town (Autumn/Spring/Winter), N's Room, and holy noodles Unwavering Emotions was amazing. The last one too was one of the causes for my huge loss of masculinity points. Pokémon is serious biz.

Anyway, now that I'm done fanboying over the various aspects of the game, I can say that personally I felt this was the absolute peak of Pokémon games. Every little detail was on point. It was a very polished game.
    When the dudes over at Game Freak get something wrong, they get it wrong. But when they get it right, they absolutely knock it out of the park.

4) Mightyena is the man. Unless you wanna use it in competitive battling... in which case, Mightyena isn't really the man. But seriously, I think it's a pretty good Pokémon to have on hand in the main storyline.

Thanks for praising gen 5 <3
    5) I hate, hate, hate graveyards. Pokémon Tower, Mt. Pyre, Lost Tower, Celestial Tower. Why does everyone put dead Pokémon in towers anyway? Do they cremate every single Pokémon? Because burying them wouldn't really be practical... or even possible, for that matter. How does one even bury a Metagross inside a tower? Man. I know the developers need a place to showcase and catch Ghost-type Pokémon, but why not try something different like an abandoned town or an abandoned mine? Anything but a graveyard. Please.

6) Not sure how unpopular this is, but I'm gonna go ahead and include it. I had never really thought about this before, but after rereading the G/S/C chapter of the manga, I think it'd be interesting to have the option of not beating the Gym Leaders and being able to wander around the region without being necessarily headed to the Pokémon League, just like Gold. I know it strays a lot from the usual Pokémon formula but I feel it'd give many options for new and different storylines.

Sorry for the huge rant, or if I sounded like I was trying to impose my views in any way. Sometimes I can get a little carried away, lol.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • - Lucario is overrated and it looks too cliched. I'm still sickened that it won the Fighting-type Face-Off.
    - XY shouldn't have catered to Gen 1 and I despised how Charizard and Mewtwo both got two Megas. Speaking of those two, they both look hideous. Blaziken is another starter I don't like.
    - I don't see the appeal of Mew, it looks like a boring pink cat to me.
    - Clefairy > Pikachu for Pokemon's mascot.
    - A PokeMMO is a terrible idea.
    - Red is no better than any silent protagonist.
    - Out of all the Gen 5 Pokemon, I only hate 5 or 6 of them and love the rest. Yes, I like Garbordor, Stunfisk and Vanillite line + all the starters there.
    - Scrafty is the greatest and most unique Pokemon design ever, I just love it. <3 Its shiny is amazing too.
    - I love Probopass, Swalot and Eelektross.
    - I didn't mind the water in Hoenn.
    - Pokemon should never have a more mature story, seriously it's a kid's game.
    - IVs should never be removed.
    - Competitive Battling is actually quite simple to get into; the only hard thing about it is getting predictions right.
    - I never had a problem with Whitney's Miltank.
    - I still prefer sprites over models.
    - Mega Manectric is <3 I'm so glad one of my favourites got a buff and Mega Mane doesn't look silly at all.
    - While I didn't enjoy Gen 4, I did like how they gave some Pokemon evolutions and I wish Gen 6 did that over Mega Evolutions. Ironically, I love to travel another region only being forced to using new Pokemon (hence why I love Unova so much).
    - Wally's ORAS theme is so boring. I don't see the appeal, at all.
    - The Gamecube games are amazing and I loved Miror B. Seriously, a guy with an Afro as an antagonist and who is obsessed with Ludicolos? Yes please.
    - I don't see the appeal in N.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    - I love Goodra, it's nice to see another cutesy pseudo-legendary.
    - Pokemon like Houndoom and Mawile might have been better off with a normal evolution instead of a Mega.
    - I'd love to see a starter with a split evolution line- it'd be a pleasant surprise!
    - I don't really care much for the tiers and just use Pokemon I think are cool.
    - I wish Pachirisu had an evolution.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2021
    Gamefreak should shut down the simulators once they get their own sims out. I have nothing personal against the likes of Smogon and Pokemon Online, but the sims they use are part of the reason why Gamefreak is starting to run the games into the ground in a hopeless attempt to outcompete them.

The Gen II games and their remakes are all highly overrated. The games were a good example of quantity over quality and played far too much on the nostalgia garnered from Gen I. Back in G/S/C's day, this would have been acceptable as that is what probably pushed the series past Gen II. However, that should have been toned down a lot in the remakes because the games were no longer riding on Gen I's hype. At least they weren't as bad as B/W2.

B/W2 are the worst games in the main series. I was expecting a sequel but instead just got a third version with a terrible story and a rehashed region slapped on top of it so GF could slap the "sequel" label over it. I am never falling for that trick again.

The alternative versions either have to go or feature much bigger changes to the game than just Pokemon distribution. And for the love of god don't make version exclusive Pokemon. This is a very greedy move Gamefreak has been making since the very start and should be stopped, especially now with hardware many times more powerful than the Game Boy.

The Pokemon metagame is unsalvagable without killing the main games, especially in Single Battles. The whole reason we have so many tiers is to deal with the insanely unbalanced meta that is Pokemon and it will never be balanced without removing a great deal many pokemon and needlessly altering the type chart and whatnot, which will kill the main games. This is shown somewhat in Touhoumon Purple's balancing changes, which is an example of what Pokemon shouldn't do to balance out the metagame. Having generic 120 BP moves for each type and the type chart being "balanced" in terms of matchups alone is a major turnoff IMO.
    That said, I still applaud at the major metagaming bodies attempts to balance out the game via the tier system but it doesn't make the metagame any better. I would also like to see the pokemon being balanced a little bit so that OU (aka the official tournament metagame) won't be so unbalanced and nerf some of the more absurdly broken pokemon like Mega Kangashan, Gengar, Salamence and Blaziken. The Ubers, except the event legends, can remain Uber while Mega Ray (and arguably the primals) needs a big nerf.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

A pretty unpopular opinion is that Castform is a really cool and fun Pokemon to use. Most people forget about it and can't even name it haha. It's definitely a really unique and special Pokemon to use :)

Years
  • Oh wow, I gotta add a few things to my previous post now XD
    1) HG/SS are my least favorite games in the main series. I didn't like Gen II much to begin with, but I like the remakes even less. For some reason, even though I'm not absolutely 100% in love with G/S/C, when I fire them up I can play for hours. However, I can't do the same with HG/SS. I can't quite put my finger on it, but even playing those for 20 minutes is boring. Actually, it's not just boring... it's draining. Playing those for a bit makes me not want to play a Pokémon game for the rest of the month.
    [...]
    4) Mightyena is the man. Unless you wanna use it in competitive battling... in which case, Mightyena isn't really the man. But seriously, I think it's a pretty good Pokémon to have on hand in the main storyline.

5) I hate, hate, hate graveyards. Pokémon Tower, Mt. Pyre, Lost Tower, Celestial Tower. Why does everyone put dead Pokémon in towers anyway? Do they cremate every single Pokémon? Because burying them wouldn't really be practical... or even possible, for that matter. How does one even bury a Metagross inside a tower? Man. I know the developers need a place to showcase and catch Ghost-type Pokémon, but why not try something different like an abandoned town or an abandoned mine? Anything but a graveyard. Please.

6) Not sure how unpopular this is, but I'm gonna go ahead and include it. I had never really thought about this before, but after rereading the G/S/C chapter of the manga, I think it'd be interesting to have the option of not beating the Gym Leaders and being able to wander around the region without being necessarily headed to the Pokémon League, just like Gold. I know it strays a lot from the usual Pokémon formula but I feel it'd give many options for new and different storylines.
    I second the points quoted above ! :)
    Especially #4. Though, I had some really fun comebacks with Mightyena online :3 (Sucker punch + Moxie combo is so rewarding to pull off, and predicting correctly when to use another move is as well !)
    (Oh, and as a side note, apparently that the graveyards and the fact that you "faint" pokemon has to do with the pokemon creator's idea that young people needed to respect death more.)

Also:
    - Poochyena is the cutest little fluffball. And its about time it'd make another significant appearance on the anime and/or have collectibles made of it again !
    - As much as I tried to like him, new Tabitha is the only character remade in ORAS that I can't like.
    - I think Gamefreak is way too stuck in its traditions, and bad habits, and hasn't really truly significantly innovated in a very very long time.
    - I'm glad to see Junichi Masuda passing the torch. Or at least it seems he did. I do not like his very short sighted remarks and views he mentioned in several interviews on what the playerbase wants/needs, and about creating unique region gimmicks over improving the franchise as a whole.
    - I think that this whole pokemon sub-specie trend is getting really annoying.

Years
  • - I'm glad to see Junichi Masuda passing the torch. Or at least it seems he did. I do not like his very short sighted remarks and views he mentioned in several interviews on what the playerbase wants/needs, and about creating unique region gimmicks over improving the franchise as a whole.

Uh...come again? He said that he was leaving the company or something?

Years
  • Uh...come again? He said that he was leaving the company or something?
    No, he's just stepping down as director. Its been mentionned several times in several interviews:
    Junichi Masuda is a founding member of Pokemon developer Game Freak, working on the music for the original Red and Blue games and going on to direct Ruby and Sapphire. Shigeru Ohmori is his hand-picked successor as director of the new Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, upgrading the 2003 original version for the 3DS.
    http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-12/11/pokemon-interview

I can't find the actual interview where they were actually talking in-depth about how Junichi Masuda announced Shigeru Ohmori he'd be the director, but yeah. I'm guessing he'll still be around, but its nice to see him having less pull on the games. And hopefully some change..

Years
  • ^ Hm. Well, okay. As you mentioned, people have not been pleased with some of the things he's said in interviews regarding what the people want.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Gamefreak should shut down the simulators once they get their own sims out. I have nothing personal against the likes of Smogon and Pokemon Online, but the sims they use are part of the reason why Gamefreak is starting to run the games into the ground in a hopeless attempt to outcompete them.

I agree 100%. GF just needs to make their own battle simulator for the competitive crowd and stop trying to force the main games to fit that mold. Most competitive players don't give a rat's ass about Story Mode and will only continue to use Showdown/Pokémon Online as long as Story Mode still exists, so GF isn't really doing anything but alienating casual players.

The Gen II games and their remakes are all highly overrated. The games were a good example of quantity over quality and played far too much on the nostalgia garnered from Gen I. Back in G/S/C's day, this would have been acceptable as that is what probably pushed the series past Gen II. However, that should have been toned down a lot in the remakes because the games were no longer riding on Gen I's hype. At least they weren't as bad as B/W2.

GSC had Kanto and a lot of Gen 1 references because they were meant to be direct sequels to RBY. Gold/Silver's original title was even "Pocket Monsters 2." (However, much of that connection was lost in HGSS, as they were much further apart from FRLG than GSC were from RBY, and they kept GSC's many Yellow references even though they were no longer relevant to the remakes' timeline.) Of course, seeing as you're not a fan of BW/2 either, I guess you just don't like sequels, period. (Which is an argument I can understand.)

The alternative versions either have to go or feature much bigger changes to the game than just Pokemon distribution. And for the love of god don't make version exclusive Pokemon. This is a very greedy move Gamefreak has been making since the very start and should be stopped, especially now with hardware many times more powerful than the Game Boy.

I know what you mean. It's so annoying to have to "Buy 'Em All" just to "Catch 'Em All," especially in the pre wi-fi days. (When, unless you had Pokémon-playing friends, you had to buy all of the games and a second GB/C or GBA just to complete the Dex. In the case of Gen 3, a GameCube and Colosseum/XD might've also been required.)

The closest we came to alternate versions having more than just different Pokémon was Ruby/Sapphire (and their remakes), which had a different story and Evil Team based on version. Then, their Third Version, Emerald, had another story and both Evil Teams, as well as a different 8th Gym Leader and Champion.

The Pokemon metagame is unsalvagable without killing the main games, especially in Single Battles. The whole reason we have so many tiers is to deal with the insanely unbalanced meta that is Pokemon and it will never be balanced without removing a great deal many pokemon and needlessly altering the type chart and whatnot, which will kill the main games. This is shown somewhat in Touhoumon Purple's balancing changes, which is an example of what Pokemon shouldn't do to balance out the metagame. Having generic 120 BP moves for each type and the type chart being "balanced" in terms of matchups alone is a major turnoff IMO.
    That said, I still applaud at the major metagaming bodies attempts to balance out the game via the tier system but it doesn't make the metagame any better. I would also like to see the pokemon being balanced a little bit so that OU (aka the official tournament metagame) won't be so unbalanced and nerf some of the more absurdly broken pokemon like Mega Kangashan, Gengar, Salamence and Blaziken. The Ubers, except the event legends, can remain Uber while Mega Ray (and arguably the primals) needs a big nerf.

The biggest problem is that the main Pokémon games were never intended to be competitive to begin with. (Unlike, say, the TCG.) Look no further than how things like IVs/EVs were kept hidden for so long (and are partially still so), or how so many NPCs in the games kept on telling you to "love your Pokémon" and "use your favorites," and of course, how there are so many fully-evolved Pokémon that have little-to-no battling use, but add flavor to the story (like Unown and Delibird).

The main games were intended to be more about collecting, with the battling aspect being a secondary side activity; that's why the motto was "Gotta' Catch 'Em All" and not "Gotta' Win 'Em All." The "metagame" is 100% fan-created, and it wasn't until around the DS era (with the introduction of wi-fi) that GF started listening more and more to these fans (often at the expense of everyone else).

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • -The Ruby and Sapphire games have some of my favorite tiles.
    I don't understand why almost everyone else hates them, I think those tiles are beautiful. :0 In fact, a lot of Gen IV/V hurt my eyes, Gen I/II and VI are also really good though.

-Gates to Infinity was great.
    I've heard a few people muttering about this game, saying it sucked. It was just as fun as the other PMDs. The only thing I'd complain about is lack of post game(unless I'm missing out on something here).

-I always evolve my Pokemon.
    Many people say they keep a Pokemon in the form they like beat, but I can't stand having an unevolved Pokemon, so evn my favorites(say, Clefairy and Rhydon) will get evolved into ones I don't like as much.

-Yes, I do like pink Pokemon.
    This isn't as Pokemon oriented as it is "why do so many other girls hate pink", so I'll leave this here with Clefdash.
    ON7Duav.jpg

-I don't think Secret Bases are a waste of time other than for exp farming Blisseys. It's like Oras's form of Trainer Customization. Sorta. I even have one spot I always use.

-The manga is not darker than the anime.
    Refering to Adventures here. Of course it has deaths, so did the anime, but thwy come back to life right? (Think Marge in Adventures or Celebi in Anime) Curses and swears? That's only Gold's way of saying he likes you That's mostly in fan scanlations. "Dirty" jokes? Haha you got me that was a reference.
    Spoiler: Reference reward
    EMvKUo5.jpg

-The games are still fun and have their own good points.
    Even if XY didn't have a story that everyone loved, it did introduce new systems. Pokemon Aime and Trainer Customization should fill in for a bit of that, and the Z Version should probably have a story fix if GF is listening. Don't people like third versions anyways? And the leap to 3D. And Mega Evolutions. And Fairy type. Whether you like these changes or not, they're here now. Even GSC was pretty lackluster in certain areas, and they're considered to be one of the best gens(even by me). Eventually though, people will be demanding a new "XYZ Remake" and "Kalos confuurmed!" posts everywhere.

-Z Version.
    Speaking of which, many people deny a Z Version for the fact that Black and White was thought to have a Gray Version. While this would have made sense, I can see many other names they could have used if BW wasn't like that.
    But because Gen V was supposed to kick the series up again and show you a whole new world not connecting to others, it needed to be different and surprising. Think:
    -Only new Pokemon allowed.
    -Three rivals(when 2 was the norm by then).
    -technically 2 Professors.
    -In the anime, Brock left, leaving Cilan to fill in.
    -Based outside of Japan.
    -Two new battle styles(I just love Reverse Battles).
    -Super focused on story and plot, something i know I appreciated.
    Of course it was different and seperate, so kicking off the waited for remakes and the usual third version, we got BW2.
    Now, XY has been following normal formula. Two games, lots of old Pokemon in the dex, slightly less story, two remakes, etc.
    Then people who do say Z will be next say "It's obvious because XYZ". In that case, it could be any of the letters. It could even be Delta Emerald. We just don't know. But I've only seen one other person say this: XY was built in a 3D base. X is the horizontal cooridinant of a plane. Y is the vertical cooridinant. That's only 2D. What's that third "d" again? Z. That's what I thin&, unless CY really stands for chromozones then I give up.

Whew kinda ranted there again didn't I? :P

Neo_Angelo

Used Discharge!
    Years
  • Here is my list of dislikes:

1. Most shiny alternatives look stupid or the originals look better, it seems GF got a bit too lazy and just slapped re-colors on most pokemon that looked the same (look at shiny magmar, pretty much all colors except red were drained from it), another example is Beedrill in green? looks stupid, they have managed to make some really awesome shinies (Red gyrados, black Charizard.....think thats in ahahaha), they should put more effort into making some great shiny pokemon, most Shiny pokemon seem to be either green, red or blue.

2. The way they have ruined Rock pokemon by giving them so many weaknesses, they aren't even worth using, gone are the days when you used to fear the mighty Onyx, Golem, Tyranitar, because like Dragon they had a small amount of weaknesses, now pretty much any damn type is super effective. example: grass, fighting, ground, water and steel. Rock pokemon have the most weaknesses of type (joint with Grass). Unfortunatly, Rock and grass are 2 my favourite types.......*Sob*

3. Fairy type......WHYYYY!!!!!! should of left it at steel and dark as new additions, there was no need for Fairy type, if you wanted a type to balance dragons then just give dragons an extra weakness to something like "Dark" or "Rock".

4. Ghost and Normal being the mediocre types, Normal is practically got no super effectiveness against anything, ghost is pretty similar, yet both have a fair amount of weakness.

5. Fighting types being too overpowered, Fighting types pretty much are super effective againsts EVERYTHING! : Normal, Rock, Ice, Steel, Dark. Why would fighting be good against steel? go punch a steel pole and i guarantee the steel pole will win that fight.....Again why effective against dark? surely now that fairy types now handle that fighting should be weak or normal against dark as in previous gens fighting was considered the "Good" and dark the "Bad" so good always beat bad, now fairy is more of the "Good" fighting should lose its effectiveness.

6. Ground type and ground moves.....earthquake can be learned by almost any damn pokemon and since ground type somehow is super effective against pretty much everything, theres no point in playing competitively if all of your pokemon don't have earthquake. Ground, like fighting has way too many super effective types its good against (4 in total) like Rock however is only weak against 3 types (whereas rock is weak against 5 types)...... ground is made from rock yet is more resistant, go figure?

7. pointless pokemon - Pokemon that have no evolutions but seriously suck in every way because they were just designed to be fillers, think along the lines of Delibird and Dunsparse, i loved Delibird in Gold and Silver however it wasn't very useful at all due to its sucky stats and no evolution, infact there are some 1st level evolutions that have better stats than Delibird. Delibird has a great design and really needs an evolution or stat boost to make it useable, same with Dunsparce, i never really liked the design but it could evolve into something brilliant.

8. Over-hype of Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard,etc etc. they aren't even THAT good....seriously....

9. Rhyperion - I know lets take a badass looking Ryhdon and make him ridiculously FAT and ugly......just why? while its stats are pretty decent and its not a bad pokemon, it looks hideous and doesn't resemble Ryhdon one bit in my opinion.

10. All the hate for Gold and Silver, in my opinion GEN 2 had the best designed pokemon, a great game and for me the most memorable. i think it had some of the coolest legendaries (Ho-oh and Lugia where awesome!) and i really don't get why everyone hates it (albeit the best design legendaries go to Kyogre and Groudon, i love Kyogre 10/10 -IGN lol)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So now I'm getting confused as to which gen is actually the most hated because at this point I think I've seen at least one person say something like "I like [insert gen here] despite it being hated" for all 6 gens.

2. The way they have ruined Rock pokemon by giving them so many weaknesses, they aren't even worth using, gone are the days when you used to fear the mighty Onyx, Golem, Tyranitar, because like Dragon they had a small amount of weaknesses, now pretty much any damn type is super effective. example: grass, fighting, ground, water and steel. Rock pokemon have the most weaknesses of type (joint with Grass). Unfortunatly, Rock and grass are 2 my favourite types.......*Sob*
    Rock.....has always had a lot of weaknesses. The only new weakness it gained was Steel back in Gen II. Rock type has also always struggled defensively due to the fact that the type is inherently slow and lacking in Sp.Defense. But it is good offensively since it hits Fire, Flying, Bug, and Ice supereffectively and gets the evil move Stealth Rock.

And the only time Onyx has ever been feared is if you picked Charmander as your starter in R/B or Fr/Lg.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ash is the Weakest Pokemon Protagonist !
    All Other Pokemon Protagonist (Red , Alain , Harata , PokeSpe) from various media are stronger then Ash !

Years
  • So now I'm getting confused as to which gen is actually the most hated because at this point I think I've seen at least one person say something like "I like [insert gen here] despite it being hated" for all 6 gens.

Yep, that's me too. As i've mentioned several times, I see people saying "fuck generation v!!!" then we have another one saying it's their favorite, same with Generation IV and VI. I could respond to all those people but I feel like i'd be saying the same thing I already have twice.

Back