• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post Your Windows Experience Index!

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • For those of you who don't know. Windows Experience Index is a feature that was introduced in Windows Vista that rates your systems key components on a scale of 1.0 to 7.9. This scale is used to see if your system is compatible with Games, software, and many other things. So I am curious to see what the community here has to share.
    As always. I will start.

Years
  • i dont want to post a screenshot because its at 1.
    My graphics car broke a while ago and im having to use my backup one XD

Years
  • It's worth noting that the rating system was different in Windows Vista and it capped out at 5.9. Also, any mechanical HDD will cap the score at 5.9, so that was a very poor choice on Microsoft's part. It's a pretty useless rating, it doesn't get anywhere near a proper benchmark.

Eh,

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I included a second benchmark using some software for those so inclined. I love my computer way too much~

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Oh man, mine has such a low rating! :(
    I don't really know how to get the entire snapshot.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • You should overclock that 5770 so you can get a 7.5, like me. :D
    5770 works fine at stock, and it's not worth the extra risk involved unless for some reason you like to play Crysis on ultra.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • My Index has gone up! I set the RAM to it's proper frequency and as a result my score went up.

John-117

Jirachi lover
    Years
  • I might be the first one have the Highest score on Disk Data Transfer Rate
    My Graphic card is Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family.
    I want to have a GTX 470.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I might be the first one have the Highest score on Disk Data Transfer Rate
    My Graphic card is Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family.
    I want to have a GTX 470.
    Spoiler:
    Uhh... is there something I'm missing? 5.1 isn't the highest score. Unless you mean that you're in the market for an SSD.

Years
  • Here's mine, with commentary added in paint while pasting the screencap into it:

Spoiler:

EDIT: And I just noticed that it's basing the scores off the primary hard disk only, it seems, so I guess SATA 3.0Gb/s is either terribly slow, it's slow because I have little space left, or it's reading at only 1.5Gb/s.

Years
  • Here's mine, with commentary added in paint while pasting the screencap into it:

Spoiler:

EDIT: And I just noticed that it's basing the scores off the primary hard disk only, it seems, so I guess SATA 3.0Gb/s is either terribly slow, it's slow because I have little space left, or it's reading at only 1.5Gb/s.

That disk rate is still a lot slower than it should be. Is it a 5400rpm disk or something?

Years
  • I don't think there is anything missing. This is a laptop and all I did is added a 2GB DDR2 RAM.

No, what he meant was that he wasn't seeing why you said:

[jq]I might be the first one have the Highest score on Disk Data Transfer Rate[/jq]

It wasn't clear to some because they may have thought you were saying you had the highest hard drive score out of everyone in the thread. You did mean that your highest Windows Compatibility Index score was on your hard drive and not that you had the highest hard drive score out of everyone, right?

Years
  • You did mean that your highest Windows Compatibility Index score was on your hard drive and not that you had the highest hard drive score out of everyone, right?

Oh... lol. I totally missed that one. I'm buying a new laptop tomorrow afternoon, but I don't think I'll be installing Windows on it straight away, so I can't give you a score straight away.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Wow mine really sucks D:

Post Your Windows Experience Index!

How can I improve it without paying for anything? My computer is a VGC-LT1S, so it's supposed to be really good :/

Back