• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power off

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    So did you ever had a moment where you did a lot of progress in your game and didn't save and left you DS/GBA on and the next you see that the console have no power left and there goes your data.

Did just happened to me. I evolved a lot of pokemon on black yesterday and now I see my dsi doesn't have energy left and there goes my pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Sometimes when I'm playing my older games and the cart accidentally taps something, like my laptop, it freezes. Happened the other day when I was grinding levels in Gold. :(

Years
    Moments where you had your device turned off without saving.

I'm sure we've all had our moments where we dropped our system, it ran out of power, or we just turned it off without savingour game. Let's give some of our worst.

My worst actually wasn't even mine. It happened back when my borther had Sapphire. He came to Kyogre, and, ubeliavably, it was a SHINY! A SHINY KYOGRE! And then, I accidentaly knocked it out of his hand (don't remember how) and it hit the ground, turning off. Needless to say, my bro. didn't get his shiny Kyogre. That was so wrong lol. So, very wrong.

So, what are some of your "Nooooooooooooooo! I just turned it off!" moments?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Well I don't think mines as bad as your but I was pretty mad. I was on a road trip with my DS playing Heart Gold and before I left I fully charged my DS and was playing it in the car and I got all the way to Lugia and I forgot to save before I battled it. It was not a shiny but I didn't save my game at all and when I clicked on Lugia the red light came on. I was thinking hurry up Poke balls lol. So I battled it and after about 40 minutes of trying I finally caught it and when it said Lugia was caught.... Screen turned black. (This was when I first got Heart Gold, and I was playing through it for the first time.) So I had to start the whole game over again.

Another incident and this is kinda embarrassing but, I'm gonna go ahead and say it anyways. I was in the middle of a online battle and my power turned off in the middle of it.

Years
    In Black, I was training a Vullaby to evolve into Mandibuzz and after I turned off my DS and back on, I realized I forgot to save so I had to train her all over again.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    Mine was pretty awful. I was still just a wee lad, playing my FireRed Version, walking through Kanto trying to catch some of the Pokemon I missed, when suddenly, a shiny Raikou appeared. I had beaten the Elite 4 and gotten the National Dex, and now I was going to get not only Raikou, but a shiny Raikou. I rushed to my bag to get out my Master Ball, and I threw it.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

Wiggle.

"Congratulations, Wild Raikou has been cau-"

Apparently I ran out of power.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
    I spent a whole day (Literally) chasing thunderous all over rainy Unova, finally caught it, was so over playing at that stage I just turned it off and put the DS away, only to find the next day the last time I saved was after I stocked up on quick balls :-( was not happy

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Don't know why the "Power Off" thread didn't originally catch on. Either way, since it was still active, just on the other page, I've merged these two since they're the same thing.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    My Emerald is all re-donk-culous. Everytime I try to play it, and it bumpbs something, EVEN LIGHTLY, it freezes and makes a sound like it's trying to dial-up to the internet. I even beat, FINALLY, a Frontier Brain for the second time, and right before it was done saving, "BZZZZT BEEEEEP BREEP BOP BIIIIP BZZZT SDOUFSDKHJVILUCNDFCWINOERFUIGBYRTOUCB KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH."
    I almost cried. Turned it back on "Oh Im sorry, you quit before saving progress"
    RAGE.

Meganium2342525

Falling Star
    Years
    I try to be careful when handling my sister's DS. One small bump or fall and the game freezes.

I was playing Soulsilver and I was trying to make my way out of the Ice Path. It's harder to get out of there than in Silver. I reached the end of the path and I've let go of the DS, and had it fall onto the floor. That's where I realized that the DS froze and I had to restart....all the way back to the Lake of Rage.

raging about this rn.

TY

Well it is the most embarassing, but i completed the game, battery died and i had to start the game all over again...

It was not funny at all, i quitted Platinum for 3 weeks...

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
    This happened to me quite a while ago... you won't believe how upset I was. Ever since I had heard that Pokémon Diamond and Pearl was leaked in Japan, I waited for it to come to the US. Almost a year of waiting, when it finally released. (I was the first person in line at Gamestop, mind you... Hahaha.) But I had forgotten to charge my DS the night before and I didn't notice that the charge light turned red after playing for a little. Anyways, I started the game and was able to get up to the third gym leader when it just turned off. I think you can guess where it went from there... So my first go-around of Diamond and Pearl was not very exciting. But, nonetheless, Diamond and Pearl still is one of my favorite series. And yes, I was able to continue after I went home to charge my DS!
    Long story short: I will never forget to charge my DS before getting a new game.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Once, I was playing Pokemon Platinum on my bed. I was probably stocking up experience points for my gym battle (not really sure, was ages ago). Then, my warm, comfortable bed used "hypnosis" on me, and I accidentally pushed the cartridge out as I fell asleep. When I woke up, the cartridge was right next to my DS, laughing at me.

Another thing that happens to me every single time is when I play TCG on my old GBC, it freezes while I'm battling, and when I resume the battle, my active pokemon card is an ENERGY CARD and the opponent's card is MY ACTIVE PKMN CARD!!!!! Why?!!?!

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
    I don't know if this counts, but my game froze in the middle of saving. I had trained everybody in Ruby to a high level, tehn I accidently entered the E4. So I decided to save for the heck of it, and my game froze. Every pokemon on my team lost experience, and my money had significatnly lowered. That's about the only time.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well lol, what happened to me like a ton of times is that it went off during saving :B
    And it would fall from my bunk bed countless of times hahaha.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    All the times where my games have turned off without saving have been entirely my fault, and not the fault of the defective cartridge/console. And the amount of times that that it's happened is too much to comprehend. Many a tear has been shed over a lost critter.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    About a year ago, when Growlithe was one of my favourites...
    Come to think, I don't exactly know why I lost a taste for it, happened a couple months ago.
    Anyways, I'm playing FR, and I'm at the Cinnabar mansion. I walk down that opening hall, and I'm almost at the stairs when - BAM! shiny Growlithe.
    First (only!) shiny I've ever come across legitimately, and it's one of my favourites at the time.
    Naturally, I catch it.

Guess who closes VBA without saving?
    This guy.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    It doesn't really happen all too often to me, since I save like a maniac, particularly if something relatively important has happened (e.g. just caught a legendary). When my DS starts flashing red, I either just stop playing, or save even more often.

Though I do think there was one time when I restarted White, and I was extremely sleepy/tired (probably was on a plane or something), and I ended up accidentally turning the game off without realising I hadn't saved at all after beating the first two gyms.

Back