• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pre-evolutions?

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Do you think they should make more pre-evolutions? I think they should 'cause there would be more fun in the game!! What do you think?

Pre-evolutions? Pre-evolutions? Pre-evolutions?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • They most likely will make more pre-evolutions for Pokémon. Until they run out of them to pre-evlutionize.

But to answer the topic, yes I want them to for meta-game purposes.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Haha, yeah. I'd love more pre-evolutions. They might not be the most useful in the game but it certainly makes the game more realistic, rather than just introducing evolutions to every single Pokemon and making them that overpowered. Of course, I wouldn't want pre-evolutions on every Pokemon. :<

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    i would love to see more pre evolutions, but not as much as evolutions.
    and i hope nintendo doesn't make ugly pre evolutions *coughmimejrcough*, or else i will destroy them.
    the idea is getting old real fast though, maybe it'd be better with less pre evolutions.

Elevemage

Supreme Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008
    I would like more pre-evoultions, I just don't wan them to feel like they were made at the last second.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Oh, Gamefreak should definitely make more prevolutions, and I am assuming they will continue to do so. The prevolutions have been a pretty vital part of each generation since the release of Gold and Silver. Prevolutions add new attributes and purpose to fully evolved Pokémon; without them, many of the Pokémon we use in our teams would be much weaker.

Years
  • I'd rather see 1 or 2 new pre-evolutions in the next generation, not 8 like the in the current generation. Some of the new pre-evolutions were awful like Happiny and Mime Jr. -_-

Really, I don't want to see 10 new pre-evolutions in the generation. It will just make IV breeding more harder than it already is because pre-evos cannot breed until they evolve.

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    i think it really just depends who your pre-evolutionizing. like... snolax = bad idea, Mantine = good idea. ugly baby pokemon are just not fun at all. i mean, baby pokemon suck as it is, the cuteness usually makes up for that and it makes you want to go "im gonna raise it to be level 100"

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2022
    If they do, I hope they don't make them as ridiculous to get as they can be now, "The mother and only the mother has to be holding one of a bunch of similarly named items that you only can get in a certain place." because that doesn't really make sense that they only spend time in baby form if their parents were holding a certain item when they breed.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • They should really get along to making a Baby Kangaskhan before I start thinking about it and disturbing myself. =/

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • I'm more into evolutions rather than per-evolutions, but yes, some should be made. I was very satisfied by Mantyke. And I would be happy to see pre-evolutions to Lapras, Relicanth, and Onix (because of it's size).

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I think Happiny and Mime Jr. are just fine...and yes they should make a pre-evolution for Kangaskhan...they shouldn't make a pre-evolution for every pokemon because that would just make it boring...do you guys have any more pre-evolution ideas they could make?

Pre-evolutions? Pre-evolutions?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Many pokemon still need them badly to make more sense of them. For starters. Kangaskhan, Lapras, and Onx. Nothing hatches that huge and Kanga already has a baby thing that should be used.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I definitely think there should be more :D Most of the pre-evolutions are pretty freaking cute (Though not at all practical to use) and are pretty fun to raise (for the most part). I especially like when a new pre-evolution is added for a Pokémon from saay, the first generation or so (Like Happinyyyyy |D) They're much more interesting then say, a new pre-evolution for a new Pokémon :[

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • i think it really just depends who your pre-evolutionizing. like... snolax = bad idea, Mantine = good idea. ugly baby pokemon are just not fun at all. i mean, baby pokemon suck as it is, the cuteness usually makes up for that and it makes you want to go "im gonna raise it to be level 100"

Wynaut = most pointless idea since Wobbuffet itself.

Since they ruled out Wobbuffet by giving it a horrible prevolution in Hoenn, I don't mind prevolutions, any more, so any others, so long as they have purpose, would be fine, with me.

Back