• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pre-ordering Black and White?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    i preordered white about a week ago....and does dsi enhanced mean there is any extra features for it? im confused about that.

As stated above, Pokémon Black & White are DSi Enhanced. As such, they will only work on DSis of the same region as the game. However, despite this, there are a variety of new features exclusive to the DSi. First is the Live Caster which does allow for voice and video chat between up to 4 friends locally and 1 friend over the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. In addition to this, Pokémon Black & White are capable of connecting to the Internet via the WPA encryption as opposed to previous games only being able to connect to WiFi through no encryption, or WEP.

- Serebii

Those are the DSi features, though I suggest if you don't already have one, just keep your DS you have and save money (of course only if you like saving money). If you have it, then whee you get those features!

Also questions such as that on their own would belong in simple questions.

Draci.Kun

Hungry Like the Wolf<3
    Years
  • Wasn't the keyring for the Japanese preorders? I hope not, but when I went to Gamestop, there was nothing about a preorder gift, and I really want it. o.O

Anyway, I preordered White a week or so ago. Can't wait for it<3

Draci.Kun

Hungry Like the Wolf<3
    Years

• And for those who have a little extra money to blow, unless I'm wrong, the 3DS comes out later on this year too. Although I don't think B/W would have a 3D feature or anything(it's 3D enough on it's own xDD), playing B/W on a 3DS would be amazing. ♥

It does. Not too much longer after BW, if I recall correctly...

Totally agreed.
    The cutscenes in /true/ 3D would be MIND BLOWING. <3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okaay now we're starting to get off the topic of pre-orders so we should return to that. :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't know wheather to Pre-Order, or to buy in store because with Pre-Order, I never know wheather it means it will arrive on the release date or before or after ect. and with the store I could easily buy it on the release day (if it hasn't sold out) could someone tell me (with past pre-order experiences) if you pre-order, it arrives on the release date?

Small Update: Amazon.co.uk have made Pokémon Black & White avaliable to Pre-Order.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • I am not. I never do. Considering I usually don't have any money during March (it's one of my family member's birthday) so I will not pre order it.

I've never actually preordered a game, anyway.

Darfk

Dark Psychic Ghost Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    I will not be buying B/W before trying it with my R4 (assuming it works).
    I have done this since FR/LG and have purchased them all, I see it as like playing a friend's game before buying a copy of my own, except I'm 21 and none of my friends play :(
    Can't wait for it...

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • Nah, if they don't offer extras with preorders, I don't preorder. Pokemon might be still popular, but not Call of Duty or Halo popular that it needs to be reserved.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    There are 2 ways I will preorder.
    1. Like Hypno said if there is any pre-order extras.
    2. If there was a midnight release which I highly doubt will be the case.

Draci.Kun

Hungry Like the Wolf<3
    Years
  • I don't know wheather to Pre-Order, or to buy in store because with Pre-Order, I never know wheather it means it will arrive on the release date or before or after ect. and with the store I could easily buy it on the release day (if it hasn't sold out) could someone tell me (with past pre-order experiences) if you pre-order, it arrives on the release date?

Small Update: Amazon.co.uk have made Pokémon Black & White avaliable to Pre-Order.

I'm not sure about in the stores, because I've never pre-ordered anything in-store before...I have had friends pre-order things in-store, and it arrived on release date.
    I /did/, however pre-order the Megaman Zero Collection from Amazon, and it arrived like two or three days after release date.

If you don't mind waiting, I'd do online. If you want it /the day/ it comes out, I'd get it from the store.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think I might pre order the game in gamestop today....depending on if they're accepting them yet.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I originally planned on pre-ordering Pokemon Black, but about a week ago I walked into gamestop with my 9 year old sister and she practically threw a temper asking me to pre-order Pokemon White.

I spent 5 more dollars than I should have. At least it will be easier to get Wargle/Braviary :]

Hydreigon

R a w r
    Years
  • I pre-ordered White at Gamestop, and I used some extra store credit to pay it off. :D So that's pretty awesome. I didn't pre-order Black though, I'll probably just buy it later after I've played White for awhile.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2011
    Im getting black

Hi everyone im so happy because yesterday i pre-ordered pokemon black and i cant wait till i get. I would lie it if you could show me some great pics for whoever has played the game.Thank you.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Since you're talking about pre-ordering Black, I merged it with this thread. Next time use the search function to find threads that might discuss what you want to say instead, although this thread was shown on the first page really obviously already. :\

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I havn't yet pre-ordered White, but I probably will soon :D

Back