• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-ordering?

Years
    I've got an EB Games/GameStop gift card from my birthday that I still haven't used yet, so part of that is definitely going towards a pre-order of Alpha Sapphire. I'll be waiting to see if there's any pre-order bonus for it though, since it makes no difference to me if I pre-order it now or a week before it comes out- I still won't be getting it until November either way.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Whether there's anything special or not, I'll probably pre-order Alpha Sapphire on amazon. Or if is have enough money, I'll just go to gamestop and pre-order both of them.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
    I'll definitely be pre-ordering Omega Ruby. However, I'll wait for a few months to see if there is any more info about the games and/or pre-ordering bonuses.

The future is now! Thanks to pre-ordering (lol).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I always preorder my Pokemon games (and really most others.) There's never really much incentive to do so though, I guess I do it out of habit at this point. Probably will this time too lol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm definitely going to pre-order. I've done the for Pokémon X, Black 2, Black, and few other games that had been released in the past, so breaking that streak now wouldn't be much of a good idea, haha. Wonder what bonuses they'll be giving. o:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I know I will preorder both games, I will wait until my next "Pay Day" - I don't mind the extra bonus stuff, all I want are mainly the games.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    The pre-order bonuses don't really matter to me as I'm set on Alpha Sapphire regardless. Sapphire was the first Generation III game I played way back when and I plan on keeping the legacy alive.

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
    Years
    I almost always pre-order my games, and I will be pre-ordering AS. However, I won't be pre-ordering for a few more monthes, november is just too far away as of now.

Years
    I'll not be pre-ordering - I haven't with any of the Black/White games and I didn't with X/Y either, just went down to Game on release day and luckily enough there were plenty of copies so I'll most likely just stick with my routine :)

Who knows, if they have like a shiny Rayquaza or something as a bonus for pre-ordering then I might change my mind lol xD

Years
    I'm definitely going to be pre-ordering, but much later than this! Maybe a couple of months before release? I can't believe they are already accepting pre-orders!
    I will mostly be doing it so I can be guaranteed a copy on release date. Last year my sister, her boyfriend, and I all got ours on release date and then played together, so we will probably do that again this year if they are able to come in for a visit around then. (i hope so)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    If I have the extra money by the time the release date gets closer, I'm definitely planning to pre-order. It's Hoenn. Pre-ordering is obligatory. 8|

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Not now, and not really banking on it. I never preorder games (possibly because the stores nearby never have the latest stuff) so I'd probably be getting it much later. If I could, then I would, though.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    I'll wait and see if there are any bonuses released for pre-ordering.

If not, I'll just get up early on release day like I did for X/Y and go to the EB games that's right by my house.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    After what I encounter during the XY release I'm definitely going to preorder it at the my nearest game store. That will assure I'll be getting the games on the release date.

Years
    Will you pre-order or wait for the release?

I've made it a ritual of mine to go out and get it on the first day it's officially out. For X and Y I broke that tradition by pre-ordering, though. Couldn't resist the trinket that went with it n__n;

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I am not going to pre-order on account I live in a third world country </3 Just gonna wait for the release date I suppose :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not sure if I'm going to pre-order or not. Normally, I don't have much of a problem finding the games on release day, but for XY, the stores near me were out of them and I had to go over an hour to find them. So, to avoid that complication I might just pre-order them from a local store. It will depend on where I am come release day, whether I'll have time to pick them up, etc.

Back