• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preordering Pokemon Moon/Sun

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    Hi,

I'm thinking about preordering Moon or Sun today. Does anyone knows, will Nintendo give some special gifts to the players who preordered their game? Like they did in past, for example strategy guide or some figurines.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They usually reveal pre-order bonuses closer to the release date as a push for sales figures, it's too early right now. If I were you then I'd hold off for now so that you have more options as different retailers offer different pre-order bonuses.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It depends on the individual stores mainly. Not many have Pre-Order bonuses situated as of yet, but stores like ToysRUs usually have something like, if you buy a copy on release day you get Pokemon related item at some kind of discount.

For XY it was a free Mega Charizard plushie I think.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Prolly a Plush or Amiibo, but I'd presume that it's something in-game, no?
    Preordering Pokemon Moon/Sun

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I usually don't pre-order anything, so it'll be the same this time around. But if they give us a neat figurine like they've done with some of the games like HGSS and BW, I just might.

Although, I got my Lugia figurine with SS all in a special edition box right from the store itself(either Hadtings or Walmart) without pre-ordering, so who knows what I'll do.

Years
  • I pre-ordered Sun from Gamestop after they announced the release date.I don't think they'll announce gifts until later in the year.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    I'm going to wait a bit before pre-ordering Pokemon Moon. Anyways, it's going to be my first time pre-ordering a game.

Years
  • I pre-ordered Pokemon Moon at Gamestop the day the games were announced. I may pre-order Pokemon Sun, but I'll wait until later in the year.

Years
  • I'm not the kind who pre-orders, but maybe over time we'll learn if the different regions are going to have bonus gifts for pre-orders but even then there's the possibility we may not get such a bonus this time.

Annataz

Master of Time and Space
    Years
  • I pre-ordered both games from Amazon and got (I think) a total of $12 (U.S.) off. It may or may not have been because I'm an Amazon Prime member. I still would like a figure or something, but discounts are always appreciated :)

Years
  • It's worth nothing that I don't think we've gotten a real pre-order bonus (to the best of my knowledge) ever since....Platinum? IIRC, correct me if I'm wrong here for those who remember, but if you preordered D/P (or Platinum), you would automatically get a Dialga/Palkia stylus and maybe something else I don't remember at the moment.

It's kind of a shame though that there isn't any real bonus for pre-ordering except to ensure that you have a copy by the time the game releases, though. I'm hoping for something maybe like an early event legendary as a gift for those who pre-order early enough, y'know? That would probably get people to care about pre-ordering Pokemon games more. :o

I know B/W had Reshiram and Zekrom stuff, and both HG/SS and OR/AS had figures of their respective mascots.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Figures are boring. They should give us a cool toy. Something that moves. I mean I'll still pre-order to get the bonus (depending on where it's better) but I want something better than just a figurine or a coin. Gimme.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • I'm more excited for Sun and Moon then I thought I would be, soooo I'll probably go ahead and pre-order if I have the extra money at the time. I haven't done that since Diamond and Pearl, but I remember that one came with a carrying case that had a Pokemon on it, and a Palkia stylus, at least where I got mine.

My inner PokeDoll nerd kiiinda hopes that Sun/Moon will give out starter plushies or something, but when they make those they'll probably wanna sell 'em and wrack in the money.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    Retailers in the UK usually end up doing freebies of different things when you order from different places, those can be pretty neat.

Years
  • I'll be putting down my pre-order next Wednesday for both titles. I'm not expecting any good pre-order stuff though here in the US, generally Nintendo gives all the good stuff to Japan and Europe and neglects the US.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I usually preorder because I don't want to show up at the store and they'd ran out of copies of the game (it happened to me before and it sucked so bad)

Back