• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prettiest Profile/Flair Contest

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello!

I remember doing a similar event back in 2016 when I had just joined and flairs didn't exist, and I thought of doing something similar now! Of course I have quite a few thing to point out or discuss about, though!
    • This seems better as a one-time event, since we have many other games and events going on during the GT and coming up with a good theme, editing your profile and making sure everything works does take time. But, on the other hand...
    • Flairs are a thing too! This is why it could be a good idea, I think, to have not just a profile contest but also a flair contest!
    • Of course supporters have access to additional features, so it makes sense to create two categories - supporters and non supporters. This was done in 2016 too but, since I was the only non-supporter in the contest, I won by default - and personally, I'd like to find a better way to deal with this since winning max points by default is just... not fair!
    • For points, I'm thinking of not giving them out only to the first place - it would probably be more fair to have something like 200 / 150 / 100. This way even if there's someone really good in both the flair and profile contests, other people can still have more chances to get points!
    • As for judging, I believe it's just next to impossible to objectively decide the end results. I could look into responsiveness and readability and all that, but I don't think I have the best art sensibility and... yes, I'd love the help of some of you as the jury! It would be very appreciated ♥

Also, might as well add it here: if you so wish, I can offer to help you with some CSS for your event threads and such! I still do have some uni exams to take care of but, unless I'm struggling with all the studying, I'd be glad to help out! no css here for now tho

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Of course supporters have access to additional features, so it makes sense to create two categories - supporters and non supporters. This was done in 2016 too but, since I was the only non-supporter in the contest, I won by default - and personally, I'd like to find a better way to deal with this since winning max points by default is just... not fair!
    Just cancel the non-supporter category if there aren't enough participants, 3 participants should be good minimum.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Should be all done!

‎‎ ‎
    Prettiest Profile and Flair contest
    Bringing this back from the last Get-Together I was in (which was 2016... welp)

This little event acts as the perfect excuse to touch up your personal profile, flair, or both, and get some points as well! Easy, right?

Everyone who signs up will be divided into a category, depending on whether they have access to Supporter features or not, and then into the contest they want to take part in. This means, there are basically four contests happening, which are as follows (you'll find the list of participants here as well):

🎀 Prettiest profile (Supporters)
    - nobody yet!

🎀 Prettiest profile (Non Supporters)
    - nobody yet!

🎀 Prettiest Flair (Supporters)
    - nobody yet!

🎀 Prettiest Flair (Non Supporters)
    - nobody yet!

Rules and Points:

- You can sign up for both Profile and Flair if you want, and each contest grants you points! That would be...
    150 for the first place, 100 for the second place, and 50 for the third place!
    - There is a catch though: points will be awarded only if at least 3 people are signed up to each category.
    - Of course, you can only start making your flair or customizing your profile after you've signed up!
    - No need to worry about certain themes or prompts though, there is none - you have total freedom as to what you want your profile and flair to look like!
    - Finally, there will be a deadline on August 5th, two days before the end of the Get-Together, to let the jury come up with the final results! Said jury is made up by Eleanor (me) and Sakura.

Last edited:
    Back