• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Prices?

d[-_-]b

HAH! You better have BURN HEAL
Years
  • I'm pretty sure i shouldn't be posting this here, but here goes. What would the price of a Japanese copy cost of HG/SS in US dollars, and the shipping.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • $50, $10 for shipping, and it depends on where you buy it. I once saw pokemon firered for $900!

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I wonder if the prices will be the same as the previous DS games since it includes the Pokewalker.

fwice

Mewtwo Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    the pokewalker is a good idea with the current obesity rates

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • ^ Wow.... irrelevant much?

$75 because of the shipping and the Poke-Walker thing.

The Pokewalker is a piece of plastic, and can be manufactured for close to nothing. Unless Nintendo really wants to alienate their fan base that has been waiting so long for this by charging a lot of extra cash for a non-optional addition, I expect Nintendo won't up the price by more than maybe 5 bucks. Obviously you have to add in $10-$15 for the shipping and handling, so all told, I'd expect the entire cost to be $55-$60.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • Actually shipping has never cost me $10+ dollars :/ It's usually around the same price for the game (round to $50) + $3ish for shipping (That is not going with express shipping or anything, one of the lower ones) These are what mine have cost so far:
    Pokemon Platinum: $48.90 + $2.90 = $51.80
    PMD Sky: $49.90 + $3.40 = $53.30
    I think it's safe to assume that you can get it for a price around low $50.

SuperLightning

Eevee Lover and Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2010
    but...DS games are only 35$ when the come out....so im guessing 40$!
    but...if your gonna preorder it the price woud go up again...probably 5 or 10 bucks

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Why would it cost more to preorder? Everytime I preorder something, it's $5 less than it's original price.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • but...DS games are only 35$ when the come out....so im guessing 40$!
    but...if your gonna preorder it the price woud go up again...probably 5 or 10 bucks

Pokemon games usual base price in Japan is usually 4800 yen, which comes out to be approx. $48.00 :P

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Around ~$55 for Japanese version, maybe around ~$45 for American. That is factored without shipping and tax.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This was speculated on before, the price. In Japan, like stated, the usual price for a DS game would be 4800 Yen. So, with the bundles in PokéWalk device, it should only go up a few more around 5000 Yen, if any. This is a special package, so prices shouldn't be lifted to any higher price, because then it would be basically like buying two things for the extra cost. Not to mention, when you include the cost of shipping, the price would go up for the buyer of couse. However, in the USA, the regular price for a DS game is about $35.00 and that is for the game alone. Usually, when things are included it would go up to about $40.00 - $50.00. So, things shouldn't be raised to an upright high price. In addition, the PokéWalker isn't currently known to hit outside of Japan, and if it isn't, then the US price for HeartGold and SoulSilver will remain at $35.00 for the most. As for the Japanese price converted to US Dollars, it should be just about $52.05, but this does not include the cost of shipping. So, My guess would be a roughly in the early to mid sixties, depending where and from who you purchase the game from.

Note: When countering the prices, tax and shipping were not included, but mentioned.

Last edited:

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • ^ Wow.... irrelevant much?

Actually, although it sounds irrelevant, it really isnt. The original Pokemon pedometer games that came out around the Gold and Silver period (one of which could interact with a Gold and Silver game) had won awards for promoting good health in exchange for in game prizes. The PokeWalk device is definitely going to be a center talking piece in the media when these games are released in the english speaking countries.

Also, I think the PokeWalk will come with every game until they get reprinted, much like Fire Red and Leaf Green, as the Player Choice editions did not contain the wireless adapter.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • The Pokewalker better not be included in the price because I don't even want it, so if I have to pay for it its an outrage and I'm going to complain to Game Freak.

Back