• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Years
    What if they were introduced with new abilities that cancel out their typings? Or atleast make them inverted. I mean we see Inverse Battles possible in XY, maybe this is the time to really expand this?

I actually suggested something similar to what you say, at least for Primal Groudon.

Evaporating Aura: Damage from Water attacks is reduced in half.

My reasoning was that Primal Groudon's heat could be so intense that it would quickly evaporate any water near it. And I think it makes sense, since its normal form already had the power to potentially evaporate the oceans with Drought. I also suggested that the vapor which would result from this Ability could have some positive effect, like clearing Groudon's stat reductions, or healing any status problems its teammates may have.

That means that Aerodactyl actually should be retyped to Rock/Dragon, right?

Do you mean if it regresses? It could be. Other people suggest removing the Rock typing from most Fossil Pokémon if they devolved, which I also find reasonable.

Years
    Do you mean if it regresses? It could be. Other people suggest removing the Rock typing from most Fossil Pokémon if they devolved, which I also find reasonable.

If we're looking at Groudon's retyping, it's hard to tell what they'll do with other devolutions, if they have any more. As I said earlier, I doubt they will, but if some are released, losing their Rock type would make sense, probably for something like Dragon, Bug, or something along those lines, to represent ancient living things from the real world..

Years
    Sorry if this is off topic and hard to read. But I want people to see this. Apparently there will be a Emerald remake. And An Ancient Ryquaza. Apparently The emerald remake is going to be called Delta Emerald. This was apparently stated on a trade mark list a little bit ago.

Ancient Rayquaza, the reason I believe this will happen was another trade mark list, and all high priority Pokemon(Including Kyogre and Groudon) got megas, besides Jynx and Rayquaza, Plusle,and minimum.The latter 3 seem likely, but Rayquaza will likely be an Anchient Devolution(This one I've seen, while the Delta Emerald a friend told me he seen so it might not be legit)

Sorry for the messy post.

It is offtopic if this thread is only about Kyogre and groundons Devolutions. So sorry. Please move to appropriate area

Years
    If we're looking at Groudon's retyping, it's hard to tell what they'll do with other devolutions, if they have any more. As I said earlier, I doubt they will, but if some are released, losing their Rock type would make sense, probably for something like Dragon, Bug, or something along those lines, to represent ancient living things from the real world..

Just to clarify, I was talking about Fossil Devolution, something separate from Primal Reversion. It was something I proposed because I also thought that Primal Reversion would probably be exclusive to the legendary mascots (and looking at those screenshots you posted, it seems I was right about them using unique symbols).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread
    Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Based on these screenshots, I think it's safe to assume that the only Pokemon getting a devolution form will be Groudon, Kyogre, and possibly Rayquaza. Instead of being a general symbol like Mega evolutions had in their status box, the sphere is customized and has Kyogre/Groudon's main colors. That's an indicator of this being an exclusive form, at least to me.

Maybe they have a sign for non-special Devolutions, like a brown stone with no sign.

Years
    Primal Kyogre gets Steam eruption
    Primal Groudon gets Thousand arrows

These are apparently signature moves to Volcanion and Zygarde. But its possible that they are not and that during the Form change a certain move turns into these.

Years
    DeltaEmerald is a possibility and more so now in these times where gamefreak has decided to break their patterns. I've been hearing from a lot of people that back when FireRed and LeafGreen were trade marked there was also another trademark for WaterBlue and it was never released. So we've been going with that OR/AS will have Emerald elements like HeartGold and SoulSilver had elements from Crystal. Wether they will release DeltaEmerald or not is up to their decision. Judging from how they been doing things lately I don't think they will have the same attitude towards things they trade mark as they did before since they can do many things now that they couldn't do in the past due to their technology. Maybe last time they had time restrains who knows.

If Rayquaza's Primal form does not appear in OR/AS it might mean that DeltaEmerald might happen, if Rayquaza does not have a Primal form in the upcoming games and they skip to Gen 7 then that would not feel right.

They seem to be hiding Sky Pillar and the Battle Tower/Frontier island. While the Sky Pillar and the island itself were in RS they are proably hiding something in those areas having to do with Emerald elements being added in. Perhaps Sky Pillar has a brand new design that involves Ancient devolution (hey maybe you'll need to go there to Mega Evolve them, after all Rayquaza's spot isn't very connected to the legend of the weather trio despite being it's home). The Battle Frontier is probably being saved as a surprise for those who didn't play the originals. Or perhaps they decided to add new facilities to them, or maybe they simply don't want to show off the redesigns (even though they'll be very small on that map to make out much...).
    Rayquaza is seen as their Master, so it's home having a connection to Mega Evolution is possible. After all we don't really know much about the tower's history...who created it, and why?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Primal Kyogre gets Steam eruption
    Primal Groudon gets Thousand arrows

These are apparently signature moves to Volcanion and Zygarde. But its possible that they are not and that during the Form change a certain move turns into these.
    Do you have a link for this?

Also, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre's Abilities are supposedly new/enhanced versions of Drizzle/Drought or something.

Years
    Do you have a link for this?

Also, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre's Abilities are supposedly new/enhanced versions of Drizzle/Drought or something.

No, sorry this is just me predicting lol. But it would make sense.

No info on there new abilities have been released, It's just what people want to see happen. Just like I want them two learn those moves.

Years

No info on there new abilities have been released, It's just what people want to see happen. Just like I want them two learn those moves.

There's been several rumors flying around so one must be careful. It wouldn't surprise me though if they did get abilities that were the same as their normal ones used to be prior to this generation. At least they should get an extra 3 turns or so.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years

How on the world would it make sense for Kyogre to learn Steam Eruption? Steam -> Heat, Fire. That's nothing Kyogre stands for.
    And for Groudon, Thousand Arrows would make a bit more sense than the above (Ground / Rock), but it still is unlikely.

Years
    How on the world would it make sense for Kyogre to learn Steam Eruption? Steam -> Heat, Fire. That's nothing Kyogre stands for.
    And for Groudon, Thousand Arrows would make a bit more sense than the above (Ground / Rock), but it still is unlikely.

Well it does make sense if you look towards underwater trenches and underwater volcanoes as the explaination. irc one of the Pokedex entries say that Kyogre was created by the pressure of the sea...though that contradicts that it created the sea...oh but now that I think about it they usually say they "expanded" the sea and land (well Groudon did).

Edit: apparently it's not in it's dex entries, but I do recall hearing about it somewhere, maybe in game...

Years

Actually, Primal Groudon is Ground/Fire. c:

Honestly, I'm leaning towards what seems to be the most logical explanation of trademarking Delta Emerald, and that's to give Nintendo the right to take action against hacks and fakes of such a game. They did this before, with Pokemon Water Blue around the times of FRLG, and Pokemon Grey after BW. Doesn't mean Rayquaza won't get a devolution, but if it's not in ORAS, I don't know that there's another game it'll be in.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    So I'm really not liking the type change on Groudon, so I'm still holding out for its "updated ability" to essentially be Drought + Levitate for Water, or even Water Absorb, lol! During a drought, the land needs water to be revitalized, so it actually makes sense...but depending on how strong Groudon's heat is, it could just evaporate the water before it reaches Groudon...otherwise, an attack like Bubble spells doom for it, ha ha!

And before anyone says it would be OP, just remember: it will still be weak to Ground-Type attacks; and Primal Groudon's Attack is being raised, not Special Attack, so the only attack it has to really deal with Kyogre (SolarBeam) still won't hit very hard (it actually learns NO Physical Fire attacks, which is a shame in and of itself........well, you can Tutor it Fire Punch B2W2...).

Kyogre could get an updated Drizzle that makes Fire attacks do 0* damage, since the rain is so strong it can put out any fire. Kyogre would still be much stronger than Groudon with these sorts of abilities, so I don't think anyone would be upset by them. That's my idea, anyways!

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
    Actually, Primal Groudon is Ground/Fire. c:
    I know (I even said so in my earlier post). That isn't what I meant. I meant, the correlation between a Ground-Type (Groudon) and a Rock-Attack (Thousand Arrows) is somewhat better than the of Water (Kyogre) and Fire (Steam Eruption), hence the abbreviation "(Ground / Rock)".
    Maybe I should've written it as "Ground <-> Rock" ;P

Years
    So I'm really not liking the type change on Groudon, so I'm still holding out for its "updated ability" to essentially be Drought + Levitate for Water, or even Water Absorb, lol! During a drought, the land needs water to be revitalized, so it actually makes sense...but depending on how strong Groudon's heat is, it could just evaporate the water before it reaches Groudon...otherwise, an attack like Bubble spells doom for it, ha ha!

And before anyone says it would be OP, just remember: it will still be weak to Ground-Type attacks; and Primal Groudon's Attack is being raised, not Special Attack, so the only attack it has to really deal with Kyogre (SolarBeam) still won't hit very hard (it actually learns NO Physical Fire attacks, which is a shame in and of itself........well, you can Tutor it Fire Punch B2W2...).

Kyogre could get an updated Drizzle that makes Fire attacks do 0* damage, since the rain is so strong it can put out any fire. Kyogre would still be much stronger than Groudon with these sorts of abilities, so I don't think anyone would be upset by them. That's my idea, anyways!

I'm not sure if they'll do that. Some regard Sharpedo and Camerupt as counterparts, yet Camerupt is still 4x weak against Sharpedo. Interestingly those two I mentioned are used by the leaders of the evil teams, so for all these years Archie's ace was 4x strong against Maxie's ace. So the legends having a similar dynamic is fitting of their evil teams.

Years
    I could see them doing some very minor things to Groudon's ability if they actually want to decrease the huge advantage Kyogre has over it, but nothing that makes him totally immune to Water type moves. At the most, it could make Water moves hit for neutral damage, while Kyogre gets an ability that lowers the power of Ground type moves.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I could see them doing some very minor things to Groudon's ability if they actually want to decrease the huge advantage Kyogre has over it, but nothing that makes him totally immune to Water type moves. At the most, it could make Water moves hit for neutral damage, while Kyogre gets an ability that lowers the power of Ground type moves.

But then Kyogre would resist Ground, whereas Groudon would be neutral to (and not resisting) Water. Maybe Kyogre could negate its Grass weakness? I can't see how rain would weaken Ground-Type attacks, nor Grass, but at least then each Ability would neutralize one of their weaknesses--and Grass can be seen as connected to land and continents.

Granted, Kyogre gaining a Ground resistance doesn't actually help it all that much, so in a way it's fair too, as Groudon still gets helped by its Ability, so I'd take something along these lines, too!

Years
    At most Groudon will still 2x weak against water even if it were given an ability to weaken water moves. Besides Drought already weakens water moves, so if it's Primal self has an ability that further weakens water damage such as Solid Rock, or a new ability it'll be able to survive.

Years
    Granted, Kyogre gaining a Ground resistance doesn't actually help it all that much, so in a way it's fair too, as Groudon still gets helped by its Ability, so I'd take something along these lines, too!

That's more or less what they'd be trying to go for with this move. By giving Kyogre a Ground resistance, it doesn't actually help or hurt him too much, but it mirrors Groudon's adjustment, so it seems fair and equal, while in reality, it's just an attempt to help Groudon seem up to par with the master of the ocean. We'll have to see what they do! o:

Back