• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Years
I'm quite curious. I'd be really happy if it was a seperate Pokemon all together. Like I could get a primal groudon and a regular groudon. but i doubt it =/

Right now, there's isn't much confirmed about Primal Reversion, other than Kyogre and Groudon being able to undergo it. However, using logical reasoning, we can deduct from the ORAS official website that it does work similarly to Mega evolution in that it is a form change only occurring during battle. Several things point to this being the case, such as this quote:

Primal Reversion Page said:
What kind of power lies in this newly revealed transformation known as Primal Reversion? And what is the connection between Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution?

Calling it a "transformation" as well as connecting it to Mega evolution are telling factors. Also, as is shown in this screenshot, Kyogre has a symbol next to its name when it reverts to its Primal form, similar to the symbol that appears next to a Pokemon's name when they Mega evolve.

I hope they explain it in detail, possibly even make it the main focal point of the remakes' story line, like what they did with X and Y and mega evolution. Can easily be rooted in with the existing Hoenn plot, as it still does have to deal with the Weather trio. Can see Steven and maybe Roxanne being involved in it, especially due to Roxanne's gym redesign. o:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Right now, there's isn't much confirmed about Primal Reversion, other than Kyogre and Groudon being able to undergo it. However, using logical reasoning, we can deduct from the ORAS official website that it does work similarly to Mega evolution in that it is a form change only occurring during battle. Several things point to this being the case, such as this quote:

Calling it a "transformation" as well as connecting it to Mega evolution are telling factors. Also, as is shown in this screenshot, Kyogre has a symbol next to its name when it reverts to its Primal form, similar to the symbol that appears next to a Pokemon's name when they Mega evolve.

I hope they explain it in detail, possibly even make it the main focal point of the remakes' story line, like what they did with X and Y and mega evolution. Can easily be rooted in with the existing Hoenn plot, as it still does have to deal with the Weather trio. Can see Steven and maybe Roxanne being involved in it, especially due to Roxanne's gym redesign. o:

Roxanne being involved would be interesting to see. Actually any gym leader and/or E4 would as we didn't see them outside of their gyms much, if at all. I like it how the addition to the story of Primal Evolution has given Steven a larger role in the story as his role was rather minimal in RSE.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Roxanne does fit the bill all too nicely considering she's the gym leader of Rustboro, where you'll find the HQ of Devon, and the obvious thing that she is a Rock type Gym Leader.

Years
In Unova, a lot of the gym leaders were pretty involved in the plot, like Lenora and Burgh, and Roxanne could end up having a similar role in ORAS with the whole Primal Reversion story. Can't think of many others that could become more relevant in the remakes, based on what we currently know. Subject to change in the future as we get more information about Primal Reversion.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
They'd probably have Steven handle Primal Reversion as well as Mega Evolution for story purposes, since the two have their similarities, and Steven's getting much more involved in the story it seems, so why not throw Primal Reversion in there as well?

I would like it if the Gym Leaders became more involved in the story though.

Years
They'd probably have Steven handle Primal Reversion as well as Mega Evolution for story purposes, since the two have their similarities, and Steven's getting much more involved in the story it seems, so why not throw Primal Reversion in there as well?

I would like it if the Gym Leaders became more involved in the story though.

He was shown studying the cave painting in the trailer so chances are high he will investigate it.

Years
I feel Roxanne has a much more indepth connection, when it comes to the gym leaders. Maybe Brawly coz he is near from Granite Cave, or Juan and/or Wallace, since they are near the Cave of Origin.

I agree, those and probably Phoebe from the E4 along with Steven will likely be the ones most connected to Primal evolutions, or Megas, or both.

Years
So how deep do you guys think they'll explore Primal Reversion? More than Mega Evolution? Or less?

I hope we get a good amount of lore on it during the story. They could reveal most of the information about it, as well as Primal Reversion itself, during the Sootopolis crisis, and then let us get some optional lore about it after stopping Groudon and Kyogre, or after beating the Pokémon League.

We could also slowly discover some things about it as as we progress through the game, partial explanations that become clearer with each thing we find out. Then, when we see the legendary Pokémon transform, we may get the most important part and be able to form a mostly clear explanation on it. I think I would like this better.

Years
Speaking of information I wouldn't mind if we were given a journal to write what we discover about Primal Reversion similar to the Unown journal in HGSS.
I imagine we'll learn more post- league if Rayquaza gets one like a lot of us (if not all) are expecting. Maybe even have the emerald story told but in Primal Reversion style.

Years
Speaking of information I wouldn't mind if we were given a journal to write what we discover about Primal Reversion similar to the Unown journal in HGSS.
I imagine we'll learn more post- league if Rayquaza gets one like a lot of us (if not all) are expecting. Maybe even have the emerald story told but in Primal Reversion style.

Ah yes, I liked completing the Unown Report. It would be nice to have something similar for Primal Reversion that gets filled as we progress in the games, though I'll transcribe anything important I find anyway.

I don't know how they would fit the Emerald story in the remakes. Do you think we could get all three weather legendaries in each game if they did that? I think a post-game sidequest would work great for giving us extra lore on Primal Reversion and perhaps for catching Rayquaza and getting its Reversion item if it needs one.

Years
Ah yes, I liked completing the Unown Report. It would be nice to have something similar for Primal Reversion that gets filled as we progress in the games, though I'll transcribe anything important I find anyway.

I don't know how they would fit the Emerald story in the remakes. Do you think we could get all three weather legendaries in each game if they did that? I think a post-game sidequest would work great for giving us extra lore on Primal Reversion and perhaps for catching Rayquaza and getting its Reversion item if it needs one.

I think that post-E4 sidequest will be it too. Perhaps we'll need both Groudon and Kyogre with their items in our party along with Rayquaza in order to get it's Primal form. What if they make it that we can't get Rayquaza without both like in HGSS? That'll be kind of mean of them, but it could work nicely for a post-E4 story. Like Rayquaza reacts to the presence of the other two with their Primal items on hand and flies off Sky Pillar. Then we have to go find it, and see that it has it's own Primal item on it in which it then proceeds to attack us...

Years
I think that post-E4 sidequest will be it too. Perhaps we'll need both Groudon and Kyogre with their items in our party along with Rayquaza in order to get it's Primal form. What if they make it that we can't get Rayquaza without both like in HGSS? That'll be kind of mean of them, but it could work nicely for a post-E4 story. Like Rayquaza reacts to the presence of the other two with their Primal items on hand and flies off Sky Pillar. Then we have to go find it, and see that it has it's own Primal item on it in which it then proceeds to attack us...

Hmm, how about a multiplayer event that requires Alpha Sapphire linking with Omega Ruby to unlock Rayquaza's story? I think they did something similar with Black 2 and White 2, but it required linking with the prequels instead.

Perhaps this event could set the opposite legendary free, make our own legendary react, and cause Rayquaza to appear. The question would be like before, should that allow us to get the opposing legendary as well as Rayquaza?

Maybe something like this should be done just to unlock Rayquaza's Primal item, and possibly let us catch the other legendary; the regular Rayquaza would still be normally available.

Years
Hmm, how about a multiplayer event that requires Alpha Sapphire linking with Omega Ruby to unlock Rayquaza's story? I think they did something similar with Black 2 and White 2, but it required linking with the prequels instead.

Perhaps this event could set the opposite legendary free, make our own legendary react, and cause Rayquaza to appear. The question would be like before, should that allow us to get the opposing legendary as well as Rayquaza?

Maybe something like this should be done just to unlock Rayquaza's Primal item, and possibly let us catch the other legendary; the regular Rayquaza would still be normally available.

Perhaps it should be all three. The opposite legend could maybe wake up after the E4. Perhaps we're told to bring our mascot with us to fight it. Then things get out of hand and we can't control our mascot (similar to a theory I mentioned earlier here) forcing us to get Primal Rayquaza down from Sky Pillar. Or perhaps Rayquaza will just intercept our mascot and the other member without our's needing to go wild, or us having to go get it from Sky Pillar. After that we can get normal Rayquaza. To get the Primal we may need the other legend's Primal item like you said to unlock Rayquaza's item.

Years
If Rayquaza does get a Primal form, what do you guys think its stats will be? Will it get a new typing, or a new ability, or maybe both? For me, I think it'll get more speed and attack, and I'm pretty confident its type will remain Dragon/Flying. Not sure about its ability though!

Years
If Rayquaza does get a Primal form, what do you guys think its stats will be? Will it get a new typing, or a new ability, or maybe both? For me, I think it'll get more speed and attack, and I'm pretty confident its type will remain Dragon/Flying. Not sure about its ability though!

Also think they'll boost both of it's attack stats and a little boost to speed. The reason I say this is because normal Rayquaza has the same base attack stat as normal Groudon and the same base special attack stat as Kyogre. Since Primal Groudon is getting a boost in attack and Primal Kyogre a boost in special attack one would think Primal Rayquaza would get a boost in both to keep the balance in tact.
I think it may stay the same or have one of it's two types replaced by Electric. If it becomes Dragon/Electric I see it getting Levitate as an ability. That way it won't be affected by Primal Groudon's Ground moves, and resist Primal Groudon's fire and Primal Kyogre's water moves, thus keeping the dominant one among the trio aspect. In a way it'll be the reverse of Zygarde's relationship with it's trio as Zygarde's ground attacks don't hurt Yvetal while it's weak (along with Yvetal) to Xerneas' Fairy moves.

Now if it's Electric/Flying or no type change I see it gaining an ability that'll break the other two's abilities.

Years
Well, what created the red and blue orb? And I'm pretty sure that the orb stores there power as there primal form would be there original forms at full power

Years
Well, what created the red and blue orb? And I'm pretty sure that the orb stores there power as there primal form would be there original forms at full power

I think it might've been the ancient People of Hoenn who created them. Just like how they stopped Regigigas and hid it far away they probably made sure should the legends wake up they'll have a way to control them. Of course their plan backfired seeing how they were misused by the likes of Magma and Aqua.

Back