• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Leader: srinator, Fighitng & Rock Types, Singles
    that speeling! gr8 job m8 lol 10/10

lol don't look at me for that one - iiii have not been so diligent as of late, as to keep that OP as up to date as i would like it to be. Or correct in regards to spelling and ****

I'm about to go through it again though and really clean it up. As well as probably play against Krystia again :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    omg making a steel/fairy team is hard x-x
    looking for showdown division league members to help playtest my new team, vm me!

ps: could someone use the joint account to give my symbol the name 'espiron', thanks!

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Big ass update; all the new symbols / badges acquired today have been marked

Glad to see the Showdown division both active and giving the Elites some games :'D

Also; started doing something that may have been apparent already with the 3DS challengers who made it to the E4 -

when a challenger makes it to the E4, all their badges in the progress section get changed to a dark red/blue for 3DS/Showdown, and the symbols are added a row beneath. In addition, their challenge info is moved to the top of the Challenger Progress section until they become champion, defeat the champion, or restart.

Whaddya think, yay or neigh? Mostly just a superficial thing to give Challengers in the E4 a slight spotlight.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Weeeee gotta do something about this recent trend of not declaring teams until the first battle.

Because A) what's the point of even including that in the sign up form if everybody's just gonna ignore it in favor of not disclosing until they battle, and B) that's going to force the people who actually have to keep track of the teams, to wait and possibly not catch the teams to put in the OP until several battles have gone by. C) It's just plain tedious.

Maybe if we have the first match video post - include the team? Or if you PM it to be put into the post, you don't have to put it in the sign up sheet? Just something to keep it from being necessary for every person to now put "private team until first battle" on the sign up sheet.

srinator

i used ti be hesitant to in telling u guys what my team is, but tbh i dont see it as a problem anymore. the actual fact is the team i am using has already been in a rmt in this site a little while ago lol! albeit a few changes her and there (ev's and stuff) but it just gives a whole new meaning to u when u battle knowing everyone already knows ur team! uknowwhatimean

as for the changes u mention i am up for it i guess

Years
    hey guys, i'm a bit inactive right now but in what free time i do have im working on some stuff for the league

anyone who's a GL or E4 if you wanna PM me with the following thatd be cool [its not mandatory]
    a trainer who is related to your type
    2 pokemon who are related to your type

maybe include second choices as well

Reactions: Nah

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    hey guys, i'm a bit inactive right now but in what free time i do have im working on some stuff for the league

anyone who's a GL or E4 if you wanna PM me with the following thatd be cool [its not mandatory]
    a trainer who is related to your type
    2 pokemon who are related to your type

maybe include second choices as well

This seems interesting. I'm curious to see what your up to.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Weeeee gotta do something about this recent trend of not declaring teams until the first battle.

Because A) what's the point of even including that in the sign up form if everybody's just gonna ignore it in favor of not disclosing until they battle, and B) that's going to force the people who actually have to keep track of the teams, to wait and possibly not catch the teams to put in the OP until several battles have gone by. C) It's just plain tedious.

Maybe if we have the first match video post - include the team? Or if you PM it to be put into the post, you don't have to put it in the sign up sheet? Just something to keep it from being necessary for every person to now put "private team until first battle" on the sign up sheet.
    We are enforcing the no team-counter rule. If someone is going to finish the league, they have to get through nine more battles trusting that won't happen. There is no point in withholding a team at sign-up. Make it mandatory to participate in the League.

HOWEVER...I will suggest that all Gym Leader battles are 4 vs. 4. Everyone can go in with six (for challengers, same six; for Leaders, any six of the types, usually the same though) and try to guess which four the opponent will use. It can lead to interesting battles.

Elites can stay 6 vs. 6 or go 5 vs. 5. Champion is full battle, no question.

Years
    Actually, if you lost the battle and have no earn a badge what's the point on sign in it up if you are unsure of your team. They should automatically sign up once they win their first battle. It will help the counter pokemon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Actually, if you lost the battle and have no earn a badge what's the point on sign in it up if you are unsure of your team. They should automatically sign up once they win their first battle. It will help the counter pokemon.
    I disagree. It basically lets them pick the Gym that will give them the hardest time and say "You get to play blind". It's unfair for the Gym Leader going first if you want to twist it around.

This is another reason I brought up the 4 vs. 4 idea - or, as Krystia suggested to me, even 3 vs. 3. That way, there is still a guessing game and no counter-teaming because both players guess what the other team will be, and guessing wrong has serious consequences.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    hey guys, just a question. can we carry out our battles on smogon's server if we can't access pc's server? my netbook has problems with accessing pc's server all the time so it'd be hard for me to battle any challengers unless i can carry them out on smogon's server

Polar Spectrum

Years
    hey guys, just a question. can we carry out our battles on smogon's server if we can't access pc's server? my netbook has problems with accessing pc's server all the time so it'd be hard for me to battle any challengers unless i can carry them out on smogon's server

As long as you can get a replay, seems fine to meee -

And um, I really think we need to keep battles 6 v 6, in the interest of both gym leaders and challengers being able to make use of a full team both strategy and coverage wise.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I agree on keeping things 6v6. Full team battles are better, and you can't really do 3v3, 4v4, or 5v5 on Showdown without setting up a custom game and it's better to not screw around with that.

Yeah, that's fine, so long as you still provide a replay and your challenger knows to get on the Smogon server instead. I just specified the PC server in the OP because we're on PC and the PC server could use some more battles on it anyway.

Also, make sure you all PM Exile asap about his most recent post. What he's doin' is really cool and it'd be great if he has all the info sooner rather than later so he can do it for everyone.

srinator

i dont watch the anime noor do i play the games, i dont know any trainer names bar aash :(
    what do?

srinator

what i actually mean i have no interest in anime/games :>
    o well ash is a trainer right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back