• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread III

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
Years

• On an unrelated note, I just want to ask wth was happening on Raw? After announcing the three singles matches last week I thought it was going to be a good show... however it was one of the worst Raw's I've watched in a good while.

That Stringer segment was just painful to watch. Santino was the only one who was remotely entertaining in it, and Kelly Kelly just looked embarassed. The continuation was also appaling. Both Cole and King say 'Kelly Kelly's pregnant, who could the father be????' sounding genuinely shocked. Two minutes later they're both arguing that they are the father? Don't little things like that annoy the hell out of me in weak, weak segments like that.

The Hart segment was possibly worse IMO. So, the Hart vs McMahon feud is being pushed as being 'real life' bad blood, not storyline bad blood. The worst thing the WWE could do is put stupid gimmicks in to the feud to take away from the 'reality' of the emotions, so they put a car crash in... wtf. And IF they had to put a car crash in and have Cena playing good guy, why not put Batista in the car? At least that would have added some heat to the potential Cena vs Batista feud. I honestly don't know what the WWE were thinking here. I can only think that Hart can't wrestle at 'Mania and this was the only way the WWE could think to convey that fact, rather than just say he couldn't compete for medical reasons without the idiotic car crash. You know it's not like the guy's had a stroke in the past or anything....

Finally, after all the hype about the six Elimination Chamber participants facing each other in Single matches, the WWE think it's clever to cut two of them short? Genius! They could easily have cut the Jerry Sringer angle (which was about half an hour, felt like half a year though), and put on three very decent singles matches. I just hope this was a slip up, and isn't indicative of future WWE broadcasts...
    Yes, yes. This was one of the worst Raw's ever. Yesterday's ECW was 10x better than Raw.

Speaking of ECW, are they gonna retire the ECW Title or make it a secondary title. Or maybe they could turn it into the Hardcore Championship and have the 24/7 Rule in effect like they had it years ago.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • ~Bloodex. said:
    As on ECW? I thought ECW was already done? *puzzled*

It is now.

And look at that. I called it right. Jackson beat Christian.

slls81 said:
    • R-Truth (Pro) & David Otunga (Rookie)

I find it interesting that R-Truth was chosen to be a Pro for this. I like the amount of attention he's been getting recently.

estebanort77 said:
    Or maybe they could turn it into the Hardcore Championship and have the 24/7 Rule in effect like they had it years ago.

Hate that rule. Don't want. Unless they pass a trash can like in OVW.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • WWE NXT site is up. If anyone is interested anyway.

Ezekiel Jackson is also coming to SmackDown! so yeah.

Anyway, Hogan gave Abyss his Hall of Fame ring to man him up after what happened last night. A shame that the barbed wire bat wasn't used.

PWInsider.com is reporting that Vince McMahon made the call to have Ezekiel Jackson go over Christian last night on ECW because he felt that Jackson needed the momentum boost heading into Smackdown more than Christian did. There were several people on the WWE creative team that felt the final ECW show should have had a happy ending with Christian retaining the title, but Vince felt otherwise.

Jimmy Wang Yang defeated Tyler Reks in a dark match prior to the Smackdown taping last night.

That's why.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • What's gonna happen to Christian? Just because he's a Pro at NXT doesn't mean he's not gonna be in one of the other brands. Don't say RAW, please. :' (

24/7? I sorta forgot what that is. Hehe. >_>

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Does anyone think that buying the Elimination PPV was a COMPLETE Rip-of?

I mean, Cena wins, then loses to Batista, and Jericho wins with some aid from HBK. >_>

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • The real rip-off was WWE NXT. That was probably the worst hour of WWE that I've watched since Jerry Springer on Raw a week or two ago. It felt really bad for some reason. It left me witha bad taste in my mouth, y'know? I'll give it another chance since it was the Pilot episode but I'm not looking forward to another match.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I forgot all about NXT. >_>

My friend said that it was real good, but messed up in the end, with Miz's rookie getting beaten by Jericho via modified Walls of Jericho, then Miz coming out and doing something to him. Eh, I don't know though. : /

WWE Working on Big Batista Movie
    By Marc Middleton

- As noted before, WWE will begin working on a movie called Killer Karma soon. The movie has a $10 million budget and will be released in theaters, starring WWE Champion Batista. The movie is about a guy being released from prison, presumably Batista, who is trying to get his life in order with fate, friends and enemies getting in his way.

-Found this a bit... interesting. xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Bloodex said:
    I forgot all about NXT. >_>

My friend said that it was real good, but messed up in the end, with Miz's rookie getting beaten by Jericho via modified Walls of Jericho, then Miz coming out and doing something to him. Eh, I don't know though. : /

Miz taught him respect, allegedly. CM Punk's rookie was beat like a rag doll though. It was ugly justy like his hair style. Burn.

WWE Working on Big Batista Movie
    By Marc Middleton

- As noted before, WWE will begin working on a movie called Killer Karma soon. The movie has a $10 million budget and will be released in theaters, starring WWE Champion Batista. The movie is about a guy being released from prison, presumably Batista, who is trying to get his life in order with fate, friends and enemies getting in his way.

-Found this a bit... interesting. xD

So this movie is guarunteed to make a profit, no?

Releases:

Maria, Helms, and Burchill all have been released today.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Wasn't she managing Khali and Hardy?

Yeah, but she still has been released, which totally sucks. I just checked her Twitter to see if it was really true, and it is. : /

On Friday 26th February 2010, @MariaLKanellis said:

Alright guys let's talk. I did not ask for my release. I was released. I am still going to kick ass in other areas!! I am excited about the future! But I am sad about never getting the Championship. I am sad about not getting the chance to go to Wrestlemania again. Passion is my Motivation! Time to Sing! Time to work for Charity! Time to Dance! Time to be Alive again! Much love to my FANS, my FAMILY, the DIVAS, and my FRIENDS! There is a bright new future when one door closes another opens! Bring on the Doors! Spanks and Kisses

Oh well. Bye Maria, and good luck on the Apprentice. You were always my most favorite Diva. :' (

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Some people think she was released because she might've have won on that show. Maybe.

Anyway, did anyone find it hilarious that Drew McWhatever got beat by a kick? Sure, it was a kick to the temple but a kick nonetheless. I thought I could only do that in the games. Well I'm sure that I can only win via Arm Drag in the games still.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh boy...

Report: Forensics reveals cause behind Eddie "Umaga" Fatu's December death
    By Brian Cantor

Harris County forensics investigator Dan Morgan reportedly confirmed to Wrestling Babylon's Irv Muchnick that Eddie "Umaga" Fatu's December death was officially caused by "acute toxicity due to combined effects of hydrocodone, carisoprodol, and diazepam."

Hydrocodone, a narcotic pain reliever (commonly misspelled "hydrocone"), Carisoprodol, a muscle relaxer (commonly traded as Soma) and Diazepam, an anti-anxiety medication (commonly traded as Valium), all come from drug categories historically identified as warning areas for members of the professional wrestling industry.

The "acute toxicity" label does not rule out the possibility that Fatu was chronically using these drugs but simply means that the death was directly attributed to use within a relatively short period of time.

It should be noted that the Muchnick report, perhaps designed to generate additional headlines and buzz, incorrectly refers to the late Umaga as "WWE wrestler" and "World Wrestling Entertainment performer." Umaga had actually been released in the summer of 2009 for a Wellness Policy violation--at the time of the release, WWE sources said he refused to go to rehab. At the time of his death, there were rumblings that he was due to return to WWE, but nothing was confirmed enough to call him a "WWE wrestler."
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Oh my god, another death due to drugs... Wow... that is a very lethal combo of drugs, by the way, I don't know what Eddie was thinking... RIP man...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • If his death was caused by drugs, y'know what? Good. He deserves it for being an idiot and using them. Of course, it's sad that he's died but it's even sadder that he used drugs in his death.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • If his death was caused by drugs, y'know what? Good. He deserves it for being an idiot and using them. Of course, it's sad that he's died but it's even sadder that he used drugs in his death.

Gotta admit, you gotta point. It's a shame, though. I remember his last PPV match, against Punk at Extreme Rules, a Somoan Strap Match, which he lost. : /

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • slls81 said:
    I like how Hogan refers to Jeff Hardy as a "Young guy who's just coming up"... The Hardy boyz debuted in the WWF over a decade ago, and Jeff's a 3 time world champion. I wouldn't say he is an up and coming superstar tbh xD

Compared to Hogan, most people are up and coming stars I think.

Anyway, I know some people are opposed to live-action on Cartoon Network but did anyone watch Wednesday's Destroy Build Destroy? John Morrison and The Miz competed against each other in the episode with Morrison's team winning and getting to blow up the other team's surveillance vehicle.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Okay, I was talking to Mewthree on AIM, and he has some news. Here is the beginning of the whole convo:

[19:20] armormewthree: Tonight, at least you'll see Jeff Hardy, RVD
    [19:20] armormewthree: Mininium
    [19:20] armormewthree: Roomers about Sabu to
    [19:21] bloodexflare: REALLY?
    [19:21] bloodexflare: HARDY's BACK?
    [19:21] armormewthree: Yes, he's working on a per show basis
    [19:21] armormewthree: Also Shanon Moore will be there
    [19:21] bloodexflare: Moore, rlly?
    [19:21] bloodexflare: interesting
    [19:22] armormewthree: Sting is there, no question
    [19:23] bloodexflare: wat makes today so special?
    [19:23] armormewthree: Um
    [19:23] armormewthree: There moving to Monday Night Permently
    [19:23] bloodexflare: oh shyt
    [19:23] bloodexflare: AWESOME

Comments?

Boy, Jeffs come back to wrestling. Awesome. xD

Back