• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread III

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
    BREAKING NEWS:

WWE Bans Chairshots To The Head
    By Michael Bluth

WWE has updated its talent Wellness policy with a section about concussions (click here to read the amendment). Part of WWE's effort to limit the number of concussions sustained by its Superstars is a ban on chairshots to the head, which actually went into effect back in January. The section on chairshots reads:

*The WWE has eliminated using folding metal chairs to "strike" an opponent in the head.

*The WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension the following:

-The intentional use of a folding metal chair to "strike" an opponent in the head.

-Any blow to the head that is deemed an INTENTIONAL act.

*The fine and/or suspension will be directed by the EVP of Talent Relations.

WWE spokesperson Robert Zimmerman recently commented to Connecticut's Hartford Courant newspaper about the chairshot ban:

"In January 2010, WWE amended its Talent Wellness Program, specifically regarding the ImPACT™ Concussion Management Program originally instituted in 2008, eliminating the use of folding chairs or props to "strike" an opponent in the head."
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow... that sorta sucks. Chairshots were always fun... and yet, they don't say anything about ladder hits? >_>
    NO MORE CHAIR SHOTS?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

So TLC does exist anymore, I guess.

Anyways, I'm hoping Shelton Benjamin wins MITB because he's been in all of them except one.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    NO MORE CHAIR SHOTS?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

So TLC does exist anymore, I guess.

Anyways, I'm hoping Shelton Benjamin wins MITB because he's been in all of them except one.

Not necessarily. Chairshots to the head[/s] You could still aim for the chest, back, groin

I doubt he'll win. He's more of a filler superstar, you know what I mean? I got my money like my choice of words? xD on Kane or maybe Christian. xD

EstebanOrt77

Years
    Not necessarily. Chairshots to the head[/s] You could still aim for the chest, back, groin

I doubt he'll win. He's more of a filler superstar, you know what I mean? I got my money like my choice of words? xD on Kane or maybe Christian. xD

WWE isn't gonna be the same without a good ol' chair shot to the head.

Shelton? Filler??? What about Bourne? I don't see the point of him in the match.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    WWE isn't gonna be the same without a good ol' chair shot to the head.

Shelton? Filler??? What about Bourne? I don't see the point of him in the match.

Well, I guess Bourne is sorta filler as well, but he's had more chances to prove himself. He's been on Raw for a while, while Benjamin was stuck in ECW which no one hardly watched. There both high flyers though, so they fit in the ladder match. xD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    New Details On The Rock's WWE Return This Summer

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will in fact be returning to WWE this summer – and his return will be more than just a one-night gig hosting RAW.
    In a radio interview with Boston's Mix 104 last month, Johnson shed some new light on his return, which is expected to take place this summer.
    When asked if he plans on wrestling a match in WWE this summer, The Rock said:

"How I would come back is a different capacity than what Hulk Hogan did or I believe Ric Flair is doing. Those guys are coming back to actually wrestle. I don't want to wrestle; I have no intention of wrestling a match."

.. at least that's what he's saying. So if he's not wrestling, what's the plan?
    The Rock plans on having a major impact on WWE programming and could serve as a semi-permanent RAW Guest host for the entire summer:
    "I do have intention of going back and hosting the show. Hosting a show like that would give me the opportunity to get on the microphone, rip open the writing, and invite guests on to come host with me. We wanted to create something cool and big and fun for the audience."
    The Rock's WWE return appears to be this summer's big angle. Two years ago, WWE went with "Million Dollar Mania" to spice things up. Last year, Donald Trump "bought" Raw and kicked off the weekly Guest Host storyline. While The Rock claims that he currently has no plan to get back in the ring when he returns to WWE in a few months, his presence alone on WWE television should be enough to heat things up this summer headed into SummerSlam.

Let's hope he spices things up a bit. xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Let's hope he can make Raw interesting since most guest hosts really suck, barring a few of course. Like Austin and that old guy.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Let's hope he can make Raw interesting since most guest hosts really suck, barring a few of course. Like Austin and that old guy.

xD, which old guy?

NEWS ON WHY SAMOA JOE HAS BEEN ABSENT
    Sorry, lost the article

According to the article though, Joe's been out, and wait for it.... BECAUSE HE'S FAT. No joke, really. Hogan and Bishoff like his in ring look, but aren't very happy about what he's like outside the ring.

I find that real BS.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Bloodex said:
    xD, which old guy?

Bob Barker.

NEWS ON WHY SAMOA JOE HAS BEEN ABSENT
    Sorry, lost the article

According to the article though, Joe's been out, and wait for it.... BECAUSE HE'S FAT. No joke, really. Hogan and Bishoff like his in ring look, but aren't very happy about what he's like outside the ring.

I find that real BS.

He's probably training with those ninjas right now.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Whoa, wait, WHAT? Bob Barker? One of the best Hosts? I must have been watching something else cause all I saw was a game show, I don't recall seeing any wrestling at all.

Well, okay, sure, that IS true, but you gotta admit. It was interesting to watch.

Didn't he win best host of the year?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    EstebanOrt77 said:
    Whoa, wait, WHAT? Bob Barker? One of the best Hosts? I must have been watching something else cause all I saw was a game show, I don't recall seeing any wrestling at all.

That's why it was so good. It's not like Raw has had an interesting matches in a while anyway.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    That's why it was so good. It's not like Raw has had an interesting matches in a while anyway.

xD, you got it on the nose. : P

Anyways, Wrestlemania's right around the corner, and I admit, it actually seems like a good PPV. Here are to brush up on the matches:

-Chris Jericho (c) vs. Edge
    Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship

-The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels
    No disqualification, no count-out retirement match (Undertaker's undefeated streak vs. Michaels' career)

-Batista (c) vs. John Cena
    Singles match for the WWE Championship

-Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jack Swagger vs. Montel Vontavious Porter vs. Matt Hardy vs. Evan Bourne vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Kofi Kingston
    Money in the Bank ladder match

-Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon
    No Holds Barred match

-Triple H vs. Sheamus
    Singles match

-Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase
    Triple Thread Match

-Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk
    Singles match; if Punk wins, Mysterio joins the Straight Edge Society

Stole...borrowed from wiki. : P

Who do you think's gonna win?

EstebanOrt77

Years
    xD, you got it on the nose. : P

Anyways, Wrestlemania's right around the corner, and I admit, it actually seems like a good PPV. Here are to brush up on the matches:

Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship

No disqualification, no count-out retirement match (Undertaker's undefeated streak vs. Michaels' career)

Singles match for the WWE Championship

-Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jack Swagger vs. Montel Vontavious Porter vs. Matt Hardy vs. Evan Bourne vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Kofi Kingston
    Money in the Bank ladder match

No Holds Barred match

-Triple H vs. Sheamus
    Singles match

Triple Thread Match

Singles match; if Punk wins, Mysterio joins the Straight Edge Society

Stole...borrowed from wiki. : P

Who do you think's gonna win?
    Chris Jericho will retain.
    Michaels ends Taker's Streak.
    Batista beats Cena.
    MITB: Please!!!!!! Shelton!!!! PLEASE!!
    Bret Hart beats McMahon.
    I hope HHH beats Sheamus.
    Randy Orton wins the TT.
    CM Punk will beat Mysterio. Can't wait to see Mysterio in the StraightEdge Society.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    My guesses for 'Mania...

Jericho to retain, after Edge misses a Spear into the ring post.

A close fought match, but the streak will go on.

Batista will dominate early, hit the Batista bomb and cover. Cena somehow kicks out, plays to the crowd. Five knuckle shuffle, Attitude Adjustment, pin. Cena wins. Annoying, but thats what I see happening.

-Money In The Bank
    I'll go for Christian

Hart obviously

-Triple H vs. Sheamus
    Sheamus will dominate early, but HHH hits the pedigree and wins.

Legacy will pick Orton apart at the start of the match, Rhodes will go for the cover which DiBiase will break up. Legacy fight each other, Rhodes hits the Cross-Rhodes and then turns into an RKO. Orton wins by pinfall.

Don't really care, but I'll go for Mysterio.

n.b. Is it sad that the match I'm most looking forward to is the Orton Legacy match?

Diglett

Ice cream snow
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Jericho retains; MITB winner cashes and wins

Michaels

Cena

-Money In The Bank
    Christian or Shelton

Hart obviously

-Triple H vs. Sheamus
    Hopefully Triple H

Lets go Ted

Punk

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    My match predictions:

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Edge: Jericho

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels: The Undertaker

Money In The Bank: Drew McIntyre

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon: Bret Hart

Triple H vs. Sheamus: Triple H

Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase: Cody Rhodes

Batista (c) vs. John Cena: Cena

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk: CM Punk

I had to change some things up since I felt that I had too much face going on there.

Living Desert

Lock up your daughters...
    Years
    Shawn Michaels used to say, "I live my life openly. I live how I want to live. I do this because I like it."

For those who watched and remember that HBK, regardless of what Bret Hart and Sherri had to say about him, you had to respect the guy. He put everything he had into his matches. He put on a show.

Now there's a new phrase that has come to define the career of Shawn Michaels in my mind, "This has been my life for over 25 years..." I had to laugh when he said that to the Undertaker on the Sunday show. It just put things so perfectly into persepctive. Wrestling, pleasing the crowd, it's not about whether he likes it anymore, he just has to be HBK, this all has truly become Shawn Michaels' life. It's a real shame that he continues to put on such weak representations of his former glory year in and year out, I seriously thought he would have quit when his physique became too frail and soft to wear the old tights, kind of like a message to a man past his prime, "the gimmick is up kid, time to go."

I'll probably watch that match. For the reasons described, I fully expect HBK to win. This streak thing has been the Undertaker's primary moniker for too long, the dead man in him is long dead. I just hope he responds more appropriately than Shawn has to his own signs of futility. Then again, wrestling has taught me time and time again, to never underestimate the stubborn foolishness of a man that wears ill-fitted tights, too much concealer, sports a bad die job, and every night attempts to re-create his 25 year-old form, regardless of what his pool of tricks has dwindled to.

But at least they're living life "openly."

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Watching Mania right now. Results so far. I'll keep editing:

Chris Jericho (c) vs. Edge: Jericho

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels: Undertaker

Money In The Bank: Jack Swagger

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon: Bret Hart

Triple H vs. Sheamus: Triple H

Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase: Randy Orton

Batista (c) vs. John Cena: John Cena

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk: Mysterio

Show-Miz (c) vs. Morrison and Truth: Show-Miz

EDIT: A good Mania all in all. I loved the elbow drop HBK pulled of with Taker on the announce table... the spear to Jericho on the top of the tables through the barricade was neat as well. xD

Last edited:
    Back