• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • mewthree w/armor said:
    So the WWE locked Rob Van Dam out of his WWE Universe account last week because they thought he signed with TNA.

Gotta love Paranoia.

I probably signed up to this before but I'll ask anyway: what's a WWE Universe account for? Is it just something for fans to communcate and all of that crap?

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • I probably signed up to this before but I'll ask anyway: what's a WWE Universe account for? Is it just something for fans to communcate and all of that crap?

Pretty much for the stars to blog on and such.

Top WWE Star Signs Huge Deal
    By Marc Middleton

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Randy Orton reportedly just signed a long-term contract with WWE for the next ten years. Orton also received $600,000 bonus pay for main eventing WrestleMania in 2009.

But this is the biggggggggggggggggggggggg news.

Report: TNA Impact Moving To Mondays, Airing Live Every Other Week
    Written by Richard Gray

Dave Meltzer is reporting TNA Wrestling will move Impact to Monday nights permanently beginning on March 1st on Spike TV. According to Meltzer, the show will be live every other week with the company taping the taped show the following Tuesday starting on March 2nd.

This is no surprise as we have been reporting since TNA's live Impact on January 4th that company officials wanted to move from Thursday to Monday nights. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have both said it is essential they get their programming on Monday nights and it is important to be live.

TNA Impact set their ratings record on January 4th on their three-hour broadcast which featured the television debut of Hulk Hogan.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Pretty much for the stars to blog on and such.

Top WWE Star Signs Huge Deal
    By Marc Middleton

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- Randy Orton reportedly just signed a long-term contract with WWE for the next ten years. Orton also received $600,000 bonus pay for main eventing WrestleMania in 2009.

But this is the biggggggggggggggggggggggg news.

Written by Richard Gray

Dave Meltzer is reporting TNA Wrestling will move Impact to Monday nights permanently beginning on March 1st on Spike TV. According to Meltzer, the show will be live every other week with the company taping the taped show the following Tuesday starting on March 2nd.

This is no surprise as we have been reporting since TNA's live Impact on January 4th that company officials wanted to move from Thursday to Monday nights. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have both said it is essential they get their programming on Monday nights and it is important to be live.

TNA Impact set their ratings record on January 4th on their three-hour broadcast which featured the television debut of Hulk Hogan.

Orton's staying for another few years, huh? Great, I always like Orton. And he's main eventing Wrestlmania... you think it could be against Taker?

Ooh, this is gonna be interesting. Raw and TNA are really tight with each other now. xD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Chris Jericho & Hurricane Helms Arrested For Public Intoxication
    Written by Richard Gray on Jan 28, 2010 - 10:37:03 AM

TMZ is reporting Chris Jericho and Hurricane Helms were arrested at a gas station in Kentucky early Wednesday morning. According to police, they were both "extremely intoxicated" in public.

Jericho and Helms were taken into custody at 5 AM Wednesday for "alcohol intoxication in a public place."

Police responded to the gas station in Crescent Springs after receiving a complaint about two men fighting in a cab. Police say both Jericho and Helms were cooperative.

Jericho and Helms were later released on $120 bond each.

Written by Richard Gray on Jan 28, 2010 - 10:44:42 AM

WLWT Cincinnati has an article online on the arrest of Chris Jericho and Greg "The Hurricane" Helms. According to police, Jericho and Helms were fighting in a taxi cab in an extremely intoxicated state. Both men were booked and released on bond within 90 minutes, a court date is pending.

Jericho wrote about hanging out with Helms on Twitter early Wednesday morning, obviously before they were fighting.

Now I did. xD Shame on them, they should have had more common sense.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • Chris Jericho & Hurricane Helms Arrested For Public Intoxication
    Written by Richard Gray on Jan 28, 2010 - 10:37:03 AM

TMZ is reporting Chris Jericho and Hurricane Helms were arrested at a gas station in Kentucky early Wednesday morning. According to police, they were both "extremely intoxicated" in public.

Jericho and Helms were taken into custody at 5 AM Wednesday for "alcohol intoxication in a public place."

Police responded to the gas station in Crescent Springs after receiving a complaint about two men fighting in a cab. Police say both Jericho and Helms were cooperative.

Jericho and Helms were later released on $120 bond each.

Written by Richard Gray on Jan 28, 2010 - 10:44:42 AM

WLWT Cincinnati has an article online on the arrest of Chris Jericho and Greg "The Hurricane" Helms. According to police, Jericho and Helms were fighting in a taxi cab in an extremely intoxicated state. Both men were booked and released on bond within 90 minutes, a court date is pending.

Jericho wrote about hanging out with Helms on Twitter early Wednesday morning, obviously before they were fighting.

Now I did. xD Shame on them, they should have had more common sense.
    Why do I get the feeling Jericho is gonna get de-pushed and Helms will probably be released after this?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Why do I get the feeling Jericho is gonna get de-pushed and Helms will probably be released after this?

Cause Jericho is "The face of Smackdown", while Helms... well, actually, I don't know. I never heard of him for a while. Is he on ECW? I never watch it, so I wouldn't know.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • mewthree w/armor said:
    Pretty much for the stars to blog on and such.

What a privilege.

Written by Richard Gray

Why do I get the feeling that this is a bad move?

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • I really think its a great move for TNA and Pro Wrestling in General. Because lets face it, WWE does not listen to wresting fans. It will force competition, new talent growth, and a healthier industry.

Report: WWE insiders dispute claims regarding Helms/Hardy/Jericho incident
    By Brian Cantor

While no one is publicly contesting that Gregory Helms, Chris Jericho and Matt Hardy were involved in some sort of incident prior to Helms and Jericho getting arrested for public intoxication, wrestling insiders are disputing some portions of the story.

TMZ's most recent report alleges that Helms struck Jericho, another man (Gary Kelley) and a female (Ashley Storer). The gossip website's story says that Helms and Hardy fled the scene following the incident, only for Helms to soon return to the Kentucky gas station where he and Jericho were subsequently arrested.

F4WOnline.com, however, says wrestling insiders are disputing the claim that Helms struck the woman. The story also claims that Hardy only ran from the cab in an attempt to retrieve Helms; according to those sources, he was not trying to "get away" with anything.

-- As an additional update, it was reportedly CM Punk and Christian who posted bond to get Jericho and Helms released from custody.

------------------------------------

This is a major mess. Not good. I think it will blow over, but not good.

Last edited by a moderator:

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Hurricane Helms, Santino Marella Pulled From 30-Man Royal Rumble Match
    Written by Richard Gray

WWE has removed The Hurricane and Santino Marella from the 30-Man Royal Rumble match. With the two additions we reported earlier, 24 participants have been officially announced.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Hurricane Helms, Santino Marella Pulled From 30-Man Royal Rumble Match
    Written by Richard Gray

WWE has removed The Hurricane and Santino Marella from the 30-Man Royal Rumble match. With the two additions we reported earlier, 24 participants have been officially announced.

Didn't Santino break the record for the shortest time in a Rumble last year with 00:01 seconds in the match? xD

Aww, I wanted Helms in it. : /

I played an epic Rumble on my PS2 this morning. Had HHH And Batista elimanted around #15, Had HBK almost win, only to be eliminated by Kane who entered an #30 and win. Then had Mysterio lose to Taker. Then, at No Way Out, had HHH vs. Mysterio vs. Batista vs. Taker vs. HBK vs. Edge for the Championship. Taker and HBK were the last two, HBK won thanks to a Possum Pin. Backstage, HHH and HBK fought due to jelousy and DX is ripped apart. They lose to the Straitedge Society and lose their Tag-Team Titles. At Wresltemania, it's comfirmed that HBK will face of against Undertaker and Kane's in the match as well. There's gonna be a tournament to determine a fourth member, who will end up being HHH or Batista. I didn't get that far. xD

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Drew McIntyre & John Morrison Removed From 30-Man Royal Rumble Match?
    Written by Richard Gray

WNW reader DJ Rallo sent this in... I just checked WWE's confirmed Royal Rumble entrants and noticed John Morrison and Drew McIntyre are no longer part of the "Who's In" confirmed participants page.

Huh...they seem to be moving superstars around allot for this years Royal Rumble. 25ish we now know about. I think it's safe to say, I would not be surprised to see two WWE hall of fame'rs in there. And RVD or Edge.

A few things I would not be surprised to here about tonight in the Royal Rumble.

As of right now, the lineups for the Royal Rumble are not confirmed. Some regular lineup superstars will be put in without question, possibly John Morrison being one of them.
    Possible late entrants:
    Edge - 50/50 - The one I would not really be surprised about
    Rob Van Dam - 50/50
    Booker T - 10%
    The Rock - 10%

Either HHH or Shawn will win this. I don't doubt that.

Sorry for the triple post but...WOW. JUST WOW!

Might be the best WWE PPV in a long time.
    EDGE in a surprise *cough* comeback wins the Rumble!
    Undertakers was bleeding in a match with Ray.

Last edited by a moderator:

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Sorry for the triple post but...WOW. JUST WOW!

Might be the best WWE PPV in a long time.
    EDGE in a surprise *cough* comeback wins the Rumble!
    Undertakers was bleeding in a match with Ray.

Yeah it was a very good PPV. The Rumble itself was billiant! CM Punk's mic work in the first part of the match was my highlight, oh and HBK's elimination xD

The only thing that disappointed me was that Sheamus retained the WWE title. I don't rate him at all, and considering the reception Orton was given most of the Rumble crowd didn't either. Sheamus HAS to lose the title by Mania!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Best PPV in ages.

I saw it. Taker was bleeding, and Matt Stiker kept talking about him "being human" Lol

Gotta admit, even though the Rumble was awesome, the result was really obvious, had you known Edge was gonna be in it. xD

My WTF moment was when Beth Pheonix came in and eliminated Khali. >_>

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • Hay, a little off topic, but I'm going to be leaving the staff and PC in the next day or so. I've asked ~Bloodex. to keep an eye on the topic. I hope everyone keeps having a good time posting here.

One last time for ole times sake. John Cena sucks. Period.

Thanks for the fun!

Back