• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • mewthree w/armor said:
    One last time for ole times sake. John Cena sucks. Period.

John Cena is a damn good actor though. In the ring of course. Well, maybe an alright actor but better than most right now. That might not being saying that much of course.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • ECW Finished, Details On WWE's New Show
    Written by Richard Gray

WWE's ECW brand will be done away with on tonight's show. The new show is scheduled to debut next week and will be called WWE NXT (with NXT standing for Next Generation). The concept for the show is to showcase wrestlers from developmental to television onto the major brands - Raw and Smackdown. Expect to see a lot more developmental workers get called up to participate on the show.

WWE NXT will continue in the 10 PM/9 CT time slot on SyFy.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • ECW Finished, Details On WWE's New Show
    Written by Richard Gray

WWE's ECW brand will be done away with on tonight's show. The new show is scheduled to debut next week and will be called WWE NXT (with NXT standing for Next Generation). The concept for the show is to showcase wrestlers from developmental to television onto the major brands - Raw and Smackdown. Expect to see a lot more developmental workers get called up to participate on the show.

WWE NXT will continue in the 10 PM/9 CT time slot on SyFy.

Sounds way to much like WWE Superstars to me. : /

What happens to the Extremists? Are they being sent to the other two brands?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • A pointless change really. They should've just gotten rid of ECW and not replace it with another show, which doesn't sound any to exciting. Perhaps it was due to a contract with SyFy?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Does anyone else find it wierd what Batista did yesterday against Punk at the Elimination Chamber qualifying match? He let Punk win. : /

My predictions for the matched at No Way Out is:

Raw Chamber match: Triple H (Then DX will rival each other at Wrestlemania)

Smackdown Chamber match: Not sure. Maybe Taker, though. : /

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I'm honestly surprised that 'Taker still has that title in the first place. I honestly think that he'll lose it to Jericho and he'll fight Edge. If he does retain, I expect him to retire after WrestleMania after beating some mega big shot.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • So if ECW is changing to WWE NXT, what is gonna happen to Christian and his ECW Title?

And who do think is going to win between DX, Big Show & Miz, or The Straight Edge Society on Raw for the Tag Titles?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • estebanort77 said:
    So if ECW is changing to WWE NXT, what is gonna happen to Christian and his ECW Title?

I'd imagine that they'll either just take away the title and have a storyline around that or let him keep it and treat it as a secondary title.

And who do think is going to win between DX, Big Show & Miz, or The Straight Edge Society on Raw for the Tag Titles?

I'm going say the Straight Edge Society as of right now but that's only because I'm not focused on that right now.

So, does anyone remember? So much nostalgia flowing right now.

EstebanOrt77

Years
  • Yeah, I'm hoping The Straight Edge wins the Unified Tag Titles.

And speaking of the Tag Titles, when are they gonna de-unify them and put them on separate brands?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'd like to personally tell the people of this thread, along with all of PC if they see it, that out beloved Mewthree has moved on. Moved on as in he left PC. May we wish him the best in his future, a blessed future it will be. He has shown and I will go on with this. But for now, please think for Mewthree a bit.

Mewthree, good luck in life man. Your not gonna need it, but I'll just say it anyway. Keep in touch, man. : ]

EstebanOrt77

Years
  • So, Raw was pretty good. I really want Punk & Gallows to win but I guess Show-Miz is good enough. So that means Miz walking around with 3 titles, he's gonna be really cocky now.

I was really surprised that Cody beat Orton. What an upset!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • John Morrison's Injury A Work, Edge & Cena Teaming, Foley Praises Russo
    By Michael Bluth
    Feb 11, 2010 - 2:30:32 PM

-- WWE is advertising a huge main event for next week's 2/19 Supershow at the Allstate Arena in Chicago. World Hwt. Champion The Undertaker will team with John Cena & Edge against WWE Champion Sheamus, Batista & Randy Orton.

-- In an interview with Fanhouse.com, TNA star Mick Foley had some positive things to say about the often-criticized head writer of TNA, Vince Russo. "I think even Vince Russo would probably agree that him being world champion was possibly not the best idea in the world. But he's a very creative guy," Foley said. "He loves to write. He loves to make characters and I think people who, you know the people who chant 'fire Russo' really have no idea how large of a contribution he made to the wrestling product that they sometimes seem to like. I'm talking about the wrestling product overall as in this generation of wrestling. I think he was one of the key guys right up there with the top on-air talents."

-- WWE star John Morrison's alleged broken ankle is work. Morrison appeared to suffer an ankle injury at Tuesday's SmackDown tapings during a match with R-Truth. He later posted on Twitter that the ankle was broken in three places but that he'd just try to "walk it off." Morrison traveled to South America this week for the Smackdown & ECW live event tour will not miss any ring time.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    WWE Survivor Series Is No More: Vince Says Concept Is "Obsolete"
    By Michael Bluth
    Feb 11, 2010 - 12:00:02 PM

As we reported earlier, WWE's 2009 financial results revealed that the most recent Survivor Series PPV was down a sharp 26%

During an investor conference call this morning, WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon revealed that after 23 years, the Survivor Series PPV concept has come to an end and will not be used again. McMahon stated:

"We think that Survivor Series is obsolete, as far as that title is concerned. It was something that worked many, many years ago, in terms of a creative standpoint, various teams competing. That really is not advantageous as the consumer now looks as what actually they are buying. And it's such a broad ... Survivor Series yes, many years ago, was one of the original four pay-per-views, but it's outlasted its usage and it is one of the things in terms of re-branding, this year and going forward, that will be re-branded. No longer will we have that title, Survivor Series."

WWE Survivor Series debuted back in 1987 and for many years featured primarily team elimination matches. The show had lost much of its identity in recent years and will likely be replaced next year with a new gimmick-themed event.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    WWE Considering New Themed PPVs: War Games, Battle Bowl & More
    By Michael Bluth
    Feb 11, 2010 - 12:04:31 PM

As Brian reported here this morning, WWE's 2009 financial results revealed a sharp decline in the 2009 Survivor Series PPV buyrate (down 26% from 2008) while the company's new gimmick-themed events (Hell in a Cell, Bragging Rights, TLC) all did better than their 2008 counterparts.

In a survey sent out to the WWE Universe this morning (link) WWE asks fans what their level of interest is in the following potential PPV event themes:

Tournament Event: Single elimination "bracket style" tournament where Superstars would compete in multiple matches during the night to become the tournament winner.

Street Fight Event: Main events would include"street fight" matches where there are no disqualifications and pin-falls count anywhere. Superstars often compete in normal street clothes.

Legends Event: Match participants would include WWE Legends from the past.

Money in the Bank Event: The main event "Money in the Bank" match requires Superstars to climb a ladder and retrieve a briefcase hung high above the ring. The winner can "cash in" the briefcase for a championship title shot throughout the year. Qualifying matches earlier in the event will determine participants for the "Money in the Bank" match.

WWE Draft Event: WWE's annual Draft where Superstars and Divas learn which brand they'll be a part of for the next year. The Draft is often the beginning of new conflicts and matchups.

Battle Bowl Event: Random tag-teams compete together - sometimes arch rivals - with the winning teams being put in a 2-ring Battle Royal. The winner could potentially receive a championship title match.

Roulette Event: Main event match stipulations would be determined by the spin of a roulette-type wheel.

War Games Event: Teams of 5 collide in 2 cages. 2 participants begin the match with a new participant added every 5 minutes. This process is alternated between teams until all members from both teams are present.

VERY BIG NEWS.

I can't belive Survivor Series is out... I don't know what to say

~Comment.

EstebanOrt77

Years
  • ________________________________________________________________________________
    WWE Considering New Themed PPVs: War Games, Battle Bowl & More
    By Michael Bluth
    Feb 11, 2010 - 12:04:31 PM

As Brian reported here this morning, WWE's 2009 financial results revealed a sharp decline in the 2009 Survivor Series PPV buyrate (down 26% from 2008) while the company's new gimmick-themed events (Hell in a Cell, Bragging Rights, TLC) all did better than their 2008 counterparts.

In a survey sent out to the WWE Universe this morning (link) WWE asks fans what their level of interest is in the following potential PPV event themes:

Tournament Event: Single elimination "bracket style" tournament where Superstars would compete in multiple matches during the night to become the tournament winner.

Street Fight Event: Main events would include"street fight" matches where there are no disqualifications and pin-falls count anywhere. Superstars often compete in normal street clothes.

Legends Event: Match participants would include WWE Legends from the past.

Money in the Bank Event: The main event "Money in the Bank" match requires Superstars to climb a ladder and retrieve a briefcase hung high above the ring. The winner can "cash in" the briefcase for a championship title shot throughout the year. Qualifying matches earlier in the event will determine participants for the "Money in the Bank" match.

WWE Draft Event: WWE's annual Draft where Superstars and Divas learn which brand they'll be a part of for the next year. The Draft is often the beginning of new conflicts and matchups.

Battle Bowl Event: Random tag-teams compete together - sometimes arch rivals - with the winning teams being put in a 2-ring Battle Royal. The winner could potentially receive a championship title match.

Roulette Event: Main event match stipulations would be determined by the spin of a roulette-type wheel.

War Games Event: Teams of 5 collide in 2 cages. 2 participants begin the match with a new participant added every 5 minutes. This process is alternated between teams until all members from both teams are present.

These all suck except Battle Bowl and War Games, thought I prefer the latter.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Gag me now. I don't really care what they choose since the only thing I order from WWE is WrestleMania but I'll be upset if they have a Money in the Bank PPV since it reminds me of a TNA PPV from not too long ago.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Gag me now. I don't really care what they choose since the only thing I order from WWE is WrestleMania but I'll be upset if they have a Money in the Bank PPV since it reminds me of a TNA PPV from not too long ago.

Not to mention it will totally kill one of the main attractions in Wrestlemania, no?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • ^ Right, right. One of the few things that keep me awake.

I hear you, Jorah

WWE Diva Poses for Playboy, Hart Family Member Suspended in Mexico
    By Marc Middleton

Partial source: Wrestling Observer

- WWE Diva Tiffany, under her real name Taryn Terrell, appears in the February/March 2010 issue of Playboy's Book of Lingerie. The caption under Tiffany's front photos reads like this:

"Since you last saw me: I competed for a spot as a WWE Diva and ended up signing a developmental contract with them. I am now with Extreme Championship Wrestling, a division of the WWE, where I'm the general manager. I'm passionate about: Raising money for abused and abandoned children. Fun fact: I'm a vegan and choose not to eat anything with a face."

It's interesting that there was no mention from either Tiffany or WWE on this shoot. By the looks of the photos and the description under them about her being ECW General Manager, it appears they are new. It's no secret that Tiffany has posed for the magazine many times before being signed by WWE.

- Teddy Hart was recently suspended by the AAA promotion in Mexico and it's possible that he won't be brought back. It's said that among other things happening against him, people were tired of hearing Teddy always talk about his uncle Bret Hart was bringing him to WWE as a member of the Hart Dynasty.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I'll tell you what's really interestng, Ezekiel Jackson is going to beat Christian tonight. I give that a Vernikova approval stamp.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Big WWE News: Website Announces Exactly What WWE NXT Will Be!
    by Cassidy Haslett on 16 February 2010 4:24 pm
    Source: WWE.com

World Wrestling Entertainment and Syfy today announced the next generation of reality television with the debut of WWE NXT, Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 10:00 PM ET/PT on Syfy. WWE NXT is a hybrid live event/reality show featuring eight well-known, popular WWE Superstars mentoring eight WWE "Rookies." These Rookies, who are learning the ropes, are athletes who epitomize pop culture and personify strong attributes – they are opinionated and aggressive – which means inherent conflict between Rookies and other Rookies, conflict between Rookies and Pros, as well as, conflict between Pros and Pros. The trials and tribulations of the WWE NXT cast ensure action-packed, innovative entertainment – WWE Style.

Cast:
    • Chris Jericho (Pro) & Wade Barrett (Rookie)
    • Matt Hardy (Pro) & Justin Gabriel (Rookie)
    • MVP (Pro) & Skip Sheffield (Rookie)
    • Carlito (Pro) & Michael Tarver (Rookie)
    • The Miz (Pro) & Daniel Bryan (Rookie)
    • Christian (Pro) & Heath Slater (Rookie)
    • CM Punk (Pro) & Darren Young (Rookie)
    • R-Truth (Pro) & David Otunga (Rookie)
    The most notable name on the list of Rookies is Daniel Bryan; better known as "The American Dragon" Bryan Danielson of ROH fame.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    What does everyone think of that? Will you watch it?

I'm not 100% sold by the 'reality television' concept, but I am gald to see Bryan Danielson finally get promoted (even if it is just to NXT).

On an unrelated note, I just want to ask wth was happening on Raw? After announcing the three singles matches last week I thought it was going to be a good show... however it was one of the worst Raw's I've watched in a good while.

That Stringer segment was just painful to watch. Santino was the only one who was remotely entertaining in it, and Kelly Kelly just looked embarassed. The continuation was also appaling. Both Cole and King say 'Kelly Kelly's pregnant, who could the father be????' sounding genuinely shocked. Two minutes later they're both arguing that they are the father? Don't little things like that annoy the hell out of me in weak, weak segments like that.

The Hart segment was possibly worse IMO. So, the Hart vs McMahon feud is being pushed as being 'real life' bad blood, not storyline bad blood. The worst thing the WWE could do is put stupid gimmicks in to the feud to take away from the 'reality' of the emotions, so they put a car crash in... wtf. And IF they had to put a car crash in and have Cena playing good guy, why not put Batista in the car? At least that would have added some heat to the potential Cena vs Batista feud. I honestly don't know what the WWE were thinking here. I can only think that Hart can't wrestle at 'Mania and this was the only way the WWE could think to convey that fact, rather than just say he couldn't compete for medical reasons without the idiotic car crash. You know it's not like the guy's had a stroke in the past or anything....

Finally, after all the hype about the six Elimination Chamber participants facing each other in Single matches, the WWE think it's clever to cut two of them short? Genius! They could easily have cut the Jerry Sringer angle (which was about half an hour, felt like half a year though), and put on three very decent singles matches. I just hope this was a slip up, and isn't indicative of future WWE broadcasts...

Back