• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread III

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • In pretty good shape for a man over 40.

He still wrestles?

Wow, he's 40? I thought he was at least at his mid 30s!

As for Chavo wrestling... [/laughs]

Oh, by the way, and I'm pretty late, but did you know Mark Henry got arrested a few days back?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • What did he get arrested for?

Something really stupid.

It's a bit old but:

WWE Superstar Arrested in Belfast After Fan Incident
    By Marc Middleton

- WWE Superstar Mark Henry was arrested at a bar in Belfast, Ireland while WWE was finishing up the recent European tour.

The story goes that Henry was involved in an incident with a fan asking for autographs. James McClay, a lifelong wrestling fan, went to the live event and booked him and his fiancee in the same hotel as the RAW crew.

McClay claims that he was getting signatures from wrestlers including Henry but Henry became abusive and threw a drink at him. Henry got up ready to fight but was then calmed down by John Cena and Randy Orton. McClay claims that Chavo Guerrero then escalated the incident and egged Henry on. WWE security removed McClay from the bar.

A new article in the UK has a quote from McClay: "He (Henry) kept saying, `Where I'm from, you do something when someone throws a drink around you. . . He kept calling me a `little punk *****.'"

McClay is planning on attending next year's WrestleMania and getting married there.

Living Desert

Lock up your daughters...
    Years
  • Something really stupid.

It's a bit old but:

By Marc Middleton

- WWE Superstar Mark Henry was arrested at a bar in Belfast, Ireland while WWE was finishing up the recent European tour.

The story goes that Henry was involved in an incident with a fan asking for autographs. James McClay, a lifelong wrestling fan, went to the live event and booked him and his fiancee in the same hotel as the RAW crew.

McClay claims that he was getting signatures from wrestlers including Henry but Henry became abusive and threw a drink at him. Henry got up ready to fight but was then calmed down by John Cena and Randy Orton. McClay claims that Chavo Guerrero then escalated the incident and egged Henry on. WWE security removed McClay from the bar.

A new article in the UK has a quote from McClay: "He (Henry) kept saying, `Where I'm from, you do something when someone throws a drink around you. . . He kept calling me a `little punk *****.'"

McClay is planning on attending next year's WrestleMania and getting married there.

He was prolly cracked drunk.

Mark Henry, where I'm from, after 9 years of bad gimmicks and jobbing to new talent, we kinda figure things aren't going to improve for us and move on.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Bloodex said:
    Something really stupid.

It's a bit old but:

By Marc Middleton

Douche move Henry. I love the Chavo was egging Henry along, allegedly. It's one of those things that I'd like to be around to see in person.

EstebanOrt77

The only Colombian on PC.
    Years
  • Something really stupid.

It's a bit old but:

By Marc Middleton

Haha, I would have enjoyed watching that.

So did anyone else hear about how bad TNA did? They got a 0.5. :P

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I did. I found that Edge/Christian thing difficult to watch for all of the wrong reasons.

EstebanOrt77 said:
    So did anyone else hear about how bad TNA did? They got a 0.5. :P

Eh. It doesn't bother me anymore.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • xD, Edge was a face for what, three months? Eh, he's better of as a heel. Though I wish We could see C & E for one day. XD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Fan Arrested For Making Terrorist Threats Against WWE (MUGSHOT)

The Connecticut Post reports that WWE fan Zavr Peygumbari, of Brooklyn, New York, was arrested last week after he called WWE headquarters over twenty times with threats to blow up the company's office and harm staff members. Zavr was upset that WWE released former Women's Champion Mickie James.
    Zavr was arrested last Friday and arraigned yesterday at state Superior Court in Stamford, CT. Zavr's next court date will be on May 25th. He was originally held over the weekend in Stamford on a $250,000 bond but released on a $5,000 bond Monday. His lawyer describes him as a "fervent wrestling fan" who did not intend to follow through on his threats. Court records show that New York City police know Zavr as being emotionally disturbed.
    During his arraignment on Monday, the angry WWE fan apologized for the phone calls and called them foolish & childish. Zavr allegedly threatened to blow up WWE's offices and said he would visit the building with a machete and a machine gun. The phone calls began on April 24th and continued through April 27th. Nineteen calls were made by Zavr on April 24th with a handful of calls made over the next few days. During one call, Zavr threatened to kill an un-named WWE employee and his family. The phone calls were traced back to a cell phone that Zavr had.
    Zavr has been charged with four counts of fourth-degree threatening, one count of second-degree harassment and two counts of second-degree threatening.
    The judge told Zavr on Monday that he could not contact WWE employees, go near it's offices in Stamford or attend any events. Zavr's actual response to this in front of the courtroom: "I'm not allowed to go to wrestling shows?"

Spoiler:

Just had to put it up. Epic Lol.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • So this is what happens to fans who actually begin to go through with their threats. I doubt most that do though would call the company twenty times to blow them up though. Or do anything in the first place.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Vickie as RAW GM, WWE's Presence on Twitter, Brett DiBiase Injury Update & More
    By Marc Middleton

- Brett DiBiase will be undergoing surgery for his knee injury next Tuesday.

- The RAW crew was told to stay in their hotels during the recent tour of Mexico because there was fear of people getting kidnapped.

- Look for WWE to mention Twitter more on TV from here on out. WWE has big plans for Twitter and is wanting all of the main eventers to be on it.

- The decision to put Vickie Guerrero on RAW last night was made this past Thursday. It was supposed to be a one-week deal but WWE were pleased with the heat she received and the talk now is that she may be brought back full-time for the role.

News is slow as of late. Best of luck to DiBiase in his surgery.

Oh, what happened on Raw?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I actually didn't watch Raw though I'm happy to hear that the show will get a steady GM.

I wonder if there are any ninjas in Mexico . . . .

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Okay, who else saw Smackdown last night? Here were the highlights:

-Kofi beasts Christian; Becomes new Intercontinental Champion; Is stripped of the title after McIntyre comes and hangs Teddy a letter from Vinnie K, stating McIntyre's back and still champ.

-Layla is new Women's Champion

-Jack Swagger shows WWE Universe his trophies, they all get destroyed by Big Show

-Mysterio beats CM Punk via DQ as Mystery Man attacks again.

It actually wasn't that bad. And I felt really bad for Swagger, even though I know those trophies were fake. xD

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I haven't actually been watching WWE very often lately so I decided to watch Raw last night. What the hell is Bret Hart still doing on the show? Did I like miss something since I last watched? I mean they made him United States Champion last night why again?

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I haven't actually been watching WWE very often lately so Idecided to watch Raw last night. What the hell is Bret Hart still doing on the show? Did I like miss something since I last watched? I mean they made him United States Champion last night why again?

Funny, I just learned that while going to wwe.com a few minutes ago. And yea, what is he doing here? And as US Champ? I don't think much happened as of late with him... I haven't seen Raw in like ages...

Speaking of Raw, it got a 3.4 rating yesterday

Oh, and rumors have it, but there is a small percent chance that Shelton Benjamin will come back to WWE. According to articles, WWE is being big on African American wrestlers as of late or something... I doubt he'll come back though. It would be awesome for the WWE if he does... assuming they can utilize him correctly.

Oh man, I'm listening to Whatever by Our Lady Peace... anyone know who's theme song was that? Hint, he died via suicide, and WWE has taken him of WWE.com for good

Spoiler:

Rest in Peace man. You were THE best wrestler ever. =( Say hi to Guerrero and Owen!

Last edited:
    Back