• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Professor Yew anytime soon?

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Hey all,
    Bla bla bla
    So there's an Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan and Juniper in the games.
    Is there a Professor Yew anytime soon?

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    Juniper WAS Yew.

Araragi: Japanese yew (Taxus cuspidata)

The fact that they chose to change that rather than leave it the same means they're not going to have a Yew. They probably thought it was too punny/too confusing in verbal conversation.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Wait, a Professor Me? (bad pun)
    As the user above said, there might not be a Professor Yew, but who knows? Game Freak is always full of suprises. I'm hoping for a Professor Maple. :P

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Wait, a Professor Me? (bad pun)
    As the user above said, there might not be a Professor Yew, but who knows? Game Freak is always full of suprises. I'm hoping for a Professor Maple. :P

I'm pining for Professors Maple, Willow, and Pine, with Maple and Willow preferably being as hot as Professor Juniper. :D (Pine sounds like a male's surname to me)

Here's what Pokemon Scarlet Version (fanmade variant) had for a Prof. Maple:
    Professor Yew anytime soon?

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Araragi: Japanese yew (Taxus cuspidata)

The fact that they chose to change that rather than leave it the same means they're not going to have a Yew. They probably thought it was too punny/too confusing in verbal conversation.

Well if that's true then I'm glad because I don't find Yew to be a very flattering name for anyone.

Having just looked up a list of tree names (yes I just did that :D) I found Araucaria, Nyssa, and Picea to be pretty future professor names. Those are all scientific names by the way!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    From what I've heard, Professor Yew is a fan-made professor from a magazine (Pokemon World). So while it's possible that this professor could make an appearance, it's unlikely that he will.

Back