• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I looked at the description of both. Nothing said that one was the evolution of the other.
Oh, silly me. It doesn't say that they are evolutions of the other, but I think it's a good assumption. (They are both water types, they are both described as having dull black eyes, the same person created both concepts, one is right after the other on the list, etc.)

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
They're partner Pokemon, like Solrock and Lunatone or Plusle and Minun.
Nope. They are evolutions. I guessed that's obvious, but it wasn't. n_n;
Anyways, i really like all of the sprites you made for my descriptions. Thank you all! ^^

Years
Keep the 'dex alive!

Name: Dripocel
Class: Water Spout Pokemon
Type: Water/Steel
PokeDex: Dripocel amuses itself by knocking birds and insects out of the air with bursts of water. This is especially effective against Kilnary, resulting in the two frequently fighting.

Description: An ocelot with tubes protruding from its back and hose-like tails.
15cng36.png

I hope this is sufficiently water/steel looking. I wasn't really thinking about the types as I was making this.

Wait. Tails? Totally missed that. Oh, well.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Yay! It's not dead! :D

It's cute. Maybe you could add additional highlighting to make it look more like a steel type? Or maybe some plating on the legs and head or something... And one more tail couldn't hurt. ;)

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
Years
Pandarr.png

I give you LEPIPE :)

LEPIPE
Type: Grass
Class: Panda Pkmn
Pokedex info: It climbs trees and waits for yanma to fly by, it then hits them with its bamboo and climbs down to eat them. It uses its leaf to cling on to trees while it feasts.

hope you like it :) change it if you want, i know it isnt great as im only a beginer with scratch...

Years
It's cute. Maybe you could add additional highlighting to make it look more like a steel type? Or maybe some plating on the legs and head or something... And one more tail couldn't hurt. ;)
Oh, like giving it a more polished chrome kind of look? That's an idea. I'll see what I can do about adding some kind of plating or similar metal stuff to it. Or someone else could try. I don't mind if anyone wants to adjust it.

I don't know about two tails though. That reminds me too much of Buizel.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
The concept actually predates D/P. :D

It's fine with one tail; the base form has two, and Pokemon is, naturally, all about changes in physiology. :D

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
scarf, i really really like the sprite, but i feel that it needs some adjustments to the design to meet the typing and description. perhaps try making the legs less realistic and go for some flat, round shapes... in this instance, i would look at the deoxys forms and the various limbs as inspiration.

or hell, maybe even just leave the sprite as it is with a different typing.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Keep the 'dex alive!

15cng36.png

I hope this is sufficiently water/steel looking. I wasn't really thinking about the types as I was making this.

Wait. Tails? Totally missed that. Oh, well.

That looks so adorable!! I don't think it looks very STEEL; nevertheless, I wouldn't change it. I think you should consider changing the type, as has been suggested -- possibly water/normal or just pure water? Not sure.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
Years
leave the sprite, it sounds more like a real pokemon if it gains a steel type when it evolves such as the pokemon starters, they always start of as just water/fire/grass type and then as they evolve they gain a type, such as Charizerd is a fire/flying or venusaur is a Grass/poison

Years
It does look more steel-ish with those colors.
2iut1ja.png
>
15cng36.png

But if retyping is an option I did originally make it with different colors:
2rohqpz.png

Which could work with some other concept. But I think we can go with Nimblethumbs' colors.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Nimblethumbs one looks cool, the yellow one looks more like cheecub? or whichever it was.
The evo should have some sort of steel plates :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
According to the first post, Tanlare is the evolved form of Perimask. I'll probably have a go at spriting him within the next few days.

I dunno, I guess I just wanted it to look more official, most Nintendo-made Pokemon sprites have little-to-no anti-aliasing; so it looks more crispy.

With the new style in Black and White, there is a ton of anti-aliasing I believe.

When the colour palette allows for it the artists will do as much as they can:

Spr_5b_094.png

Pay close attention to the shading on his body.

Spr_5b_348.png

Quite a bit around the shading and outlines.

Spr_5b_512.png

Plenty on the face, hands, body and shoulders.

They can't do it all the time because the sprites still have a 15 colour limit, but I hope nobody here is strictly sticking to a limit that's down to outdated DS hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back