• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
    • MI
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    your idea's may be good, but we keep saying were not excepting ideas anymore, just sprites.
    flamemaster

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    your idea's may be good, but we keep saying were not excepting ideas anymore, just sprites.
    flamemaster

Oops. Guess I should read the first post more clearly. :P

But if you need ideas, I'm right here.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    I came up with a name for this fakemon:
    mtv8ee.png

Koliseed! This evo's name was Kolibloom! Seeds bloom! If you like it, you can use it!

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • I have a sprite idea without a sprite because if I showed you my best pixel work, you'd be rolling on the floor laughing saying "Your work stinks!"

Okay, here it is:

Name: Warusky
    Etymology: War - Husky
    Species: A husky (dog)
    Class: The Spike Fur Pokemon
    Type/s: Normal/Steel
    Pokédex Entry: It is hated by farmers due to its connection with disappearances of their Miltank.
    Ability/ies: Sturdy
    Description: A reddish brown husky looking pokemon with sharp spikes instead of fur. (Similar to porcupines) It's paws are larger than usual and has a "fin" sticking our from its' head.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • @ Will: Seems cool

@mysteryegg
    We honestly dont do that, or care. You'll get better. Thats what were here for, to help each other out to get better :) honestly im not great but i still help out

Also please, NO MORE IDEAS, yet. Thank you =D

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2014
    Can we give drawings?? I dont have a scanner but i'll try my best to get the picture from my cam..

Years
  • Can we give drawings?? I dont have a scanner but i'll try my best to get the picture from my cam..

I guess that's alright. It gives us a concept which makes the spriting process much easier instead of an idea with only descriptions, stats and stuff. Go ahead and post it.

Rosebud2

My Pokemon is Fight!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2012
    Name: Ogli (combination of "Ogle" and "Ugly"), the Eye Pokemon
    Type: Psychic
    Pokedex: Its enormous eye seems to be able to see into the future, as well as great distances. Despite its fearsome appearance, it is usually quite docile.
    Abilities: Keen Eye or Intimidate

NewOgliSprite-2.png
    NewOgliSpriteShiny.png

Normal Sprite/Shiny Sprite

TheMysteryEgg

Years

• @mysteryegg
    We honestly dont do that, or care. You'll get better. Thats what were here for, to help each other out to get better :) honestly im not great but i still help out

Thanks. I thought I was surronded by criticizing teenagers that thought my work was pretty lame. At school, nobody ever takes me seriously. I now feel better that someone at least takes a look at my work.

Years
  • Name: Ogli (combination of "Ogle" and "Ugly"), the Eye Pokemon
    Type: Psychic
    Pokedex: Its enormous eye seems to be able to see into the future, as well as great distances. Despite its fearsome appearance, it is usually quite docile.
    Abilities: Keen Eye or Intimidate

NewOgliSprite-2.png
    NewOgliSpriteShiny.png

Normal Sprite/Shiny Sprite

Nice, though people could spruce up the design to make it more Pokémon-friendly. (;

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Name: Crevacurge
    Etymology: crevace + Surge
    Species: Clinging moss
    Class: Clinging Moss
    Type/s: Rock/Electric
    Pokédex Entry: A species of clinging moss which adapted the ability to control charge after living and growing on a rock embedded with charged particles
    Ability/ies: Levitate/Weak Armor
    Description:
    Crevacurge-1.png

TheMysteryEgg

Years
  • More Ideas. Again, without Sprites.

Name:
    Cyanode
    Etymology: Cyanide(Poison)
    Species: (Very hard to explain.)
    Class: The Deadly Pokemon
    Type/s: Poison
    Pokédex Entry: It sprays some of its' toxic gas at prey to take the prey down. Gas masks are needed when handling it.
    Ability/ies: Liquid Ooze
    Description: A floating skull-like object with purple poison seeping out. The skull itself is more like a perfect oval. (Little kid Grim Reaper Mask.) - Like that.

1st Evolution

Name: Toxinode
    Etymology: Toxic(Poisonous)
    Species: (Again, hard to explain.)
    Pokédex Entry: It is sometimes hunted for its poison which is used for research by scientists.
    Description: A floating purple skull-like object with leg bones floating around it. (Saturn - looking.)

2nd Evolution

Name: Radiode
    Etymology: Radioactive(Poisonous in a way.)
    Type/s: Poison/Fire
    Pokédex Entry: If one is spotted, any living thing a mile away from it is evacuated due to its extreme radioactivity. Pokeballs can stop the radioactivity.
    Description: A hazard sign looking object surrounded by flames. Green ooze comes from the bottom.

Years
  • More Ideas. Again, without Sprites.

Name:
    Cyanode
    Etymology: Cyanide(Poison)
    Species: (Very hard to explain.)
    Pokédex Entry: It sprays some of its' toxic gas at prey to take the prey down. Gas masks are needed when handling it.
    Description: A floating skull-like object with purple poison seeping out. The skull itself is more like a perfect oval. (Little kid Grim Reaper Mask.) - Like that.

1st Evolution

Name: Toxinode
    Etymology: Toxic(Poisonous)
    Pokédex Entry: It is sometimes hunted for its poison which is used for research by scientists.
    Description: A floating purple skull-like object with leg bones floating around it. (Saturn - looking.)

2nd Evolution

Name: Radiode
    Etymology: Radioactive(Poisonous in a way.)
    Type/s: Poison/Fire
    Pokédex Entry: If one is spotted, any living thing a mile away from it is evacuated due to its extreme radioactivity. Pokeballs can stop the radioactivity.
    Description: A hazard sign looking object surrounded by flames. Green ooze comes from the bottom.
    We. don't. NEED. IDEAS.
    Honestly, don't you read replies? >.>

Squiddle 2:
    Squiddle-1.png
    Added mantle.

Years
  • Yes, i'd hate to use big font, but seriously.
    We need to work on the ideas we have right now. Please refrain from posting ideas until at least most of the ideas are completed.
    Though I do appreciate you guys contributing. :D

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • about Koliseed.... i like Kolibud + Kolibloom. great line btw. let's just hope they're statistically more useful in battle than Tropius... *tear* poor Tropius

also, i just wanted to add that Kolibloom could use a little more 'leafy'-ness... if you get my drift. Kolibud is just awesome all around, but Kolibloom could use a little more distinction as half grass.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • I could help with spriting some of the less realistic pokemon (not animals etc.)
    Is there an upto date list of concepts without sprites, because on the front page there seems to be a few which have been done which are still there.

Rosebud2

My Pokemon is Fight!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2012
    Nice, though people could spruce up the design to make it more Pokémon-friendly. (;

What do you mean by Pokemon-friendly, exactly? Not that I'm against my sprite being spruced up.
    And whoops, the normal sprite's the wrong size.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • about Koliseed.... i like Kolibud + Kolibloom. great line btw. let's just hope they're statistically more useful in battle than Tropius... *tear* poor Tropius

also, i just wanted to add that Kolibloom could use a little more 'leafy'-ness... if you get my drift. Kolibud is just awesome all around, but Kolibloom could use a little more distinction as half grass.

I personally see Kolibloom as being half grass. I mean, the fact that it's green and has a flower on its head screams grass-type to me. I guess someone could make the wings more leafy, though. :S

Last edited:

TheMysteryEgg

Years
  • I kinda' got a sprite for Cyanode. I'm a bit young and I don't have the word "teen" in my age so I know this stinks but this is my first ever scratch sprite:

picture.php

Cyanode(Pixel Draft Uno)

Years
  • I persaonally see Kolibloom as being half grass. I mean, the fact that it's green and has a flower on its head screams grass-type to me. I guess someone could make the wings more leafy, though.
    I'd do that, and I've tried messing around with it, but I'm having spriter's block right now and can't quite get anything good to come out of it. I don't think it's all that bad as it is, but more leafiness would be nice and make it more polished.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back