• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Project Kanto Reformation-Gen 7 Pokemon added!

Should I add Mega Evolution to this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years
  • Any chance you plan to balance the super nerd? I felt like he was way harder than Brock. So either he needs to be toned down or Brock needs to be turned up

I set it up so you have the Pokémon provided to beat him. If you have a Bulbasaur, leech him so that you gain tons of extra HP per turn. If you don't prefer using Bulbasaur, catch a Cottonee on Route 2. If difficulty becomes a big problem, maybe I will change it, but for the time being it's being kept.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2022
    I set it up so you have the Pokémon provided to beat him. If you have a Bulbasaur, leech him so that you gain tons of extra HP per turn. If you don't prefer using Bulbasaur, catch a Cottonee on Route 2. If difficulty becomes a big problem, maybe I will change it, but for the time being it's being kept.
    That's the thing, you're setting it up to where you have to build a certain team. I had to get plus 6 double team with starvia to beat him. He shouldn't have higher levels than Brock who is gym leader is what I'm saying

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
    Years
  • That's the thing, you're setting it up to where you have to build a certain team. I had to get plus 6 double team with starvia to beat him. He shouldn't have higher levels than Brock who is gym leader is what I'm saying

Point taken. I'll tone the super nerd down in the next release.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    I really love the idea of this hack! The fact that you're attempting to include every Pokémon makes this hack stand heads and shoulders above the other hacks.
    Here are some questions/advice..
    -What will you do about the moves and abilities? There are so many Pokémon that depend on them. Shell smash, signature moves of legends, Bullet punch, Mega launcher, Adaptability, Technician... The list just goes on.
    - Please try to include ice types before the 3rd gym, GF is awful to Ice types. You could Create an Ice maniac who'll trade some Ice types in cerulean city for example. Vannilite, Snorunt, Spheal, Seel, Smoochum, Bergmite are all some good ice types to get so early since they're not that strong.
    -Avoid cramming a buttload of pokemon to one area; try to spread them out, add them to game corner, make them Trades etc...
    -Do something about the EV training and the daycare;FRLG really squeezed the idiot ball there.
    -Obviously, your biggest challenge will be the legendarys; not only do most of them need special encounters, alot of them also have signature abilities and signature moves. Because of this, feel free to code them last,or leave them out.
    - The move tutors are really annoying, will it be possible to place them in one spot and/Or make them repeatable?
    This is it for now, I'm keeping an eye on this :) ...

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
    Years
  • I really love the idea of this hack! The fact that you're attempting to include every Pokémon makes this hack stand heads and shoulders above the other hacks.
    Thanks! I apprecite it!
    Here are some questions/advice..
    -What will you do about the moves and abilities? There are so many Pokémon that depend on them. Shell smash, signature moves of legends, Bullet punch, Mega launcher, Adaptability, Technician... The list just goes on.
    Most of them are already added in by Mr. Dollsteak's base. The ones that aren't I can insert by hand, I guess.
    - Please try to include ice types before the 3rd gym, GF is awful to Ice types. You could Create an Ice maniac who'll trade some Ice types in cerulean city for example. Vannilite, Snorunt, Spheal, Seel, Smoochum, Bergmite are all some good ice types to get so early since they're not that strong.
    I believe there is already a man there who will trade you a Jynx.
    -Avoid cramming a buttload of pokemon to one area; try to spread them out, add them to game corner, make them Trades etc...
    That's what I'm aiming to do.
    -Do something about the EV training and the daycare;FRLG really squeezed the idiot ball there.
    I don't understand what you're saying here, can you explain?
    -Obviously, your biggest challenge will be the legendarys; not only do most of them need special encounters, alot of them also have signature abilities and signature moves. Because of this, feel free to code them last,or leave them out.
    I'll probably leave out most of the legendaries.
    - The move tutors are really annoying, will it be possible to place them in one spot and/Or make them repeatable?
    This is it for now, I'm keeping an eye on this :) ...
    I personally think it's more fun to find all the move tutors, but I'll take your idea into consideration.
    Thanks for your feedback!

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
    Years
  • Update: Hello everyone. I realize progress has been extremely slow, and I'll be honest, I don't know if it will get any faster from here. Sadly, I have lost all my ROM Hacking files, so I will have to start from scratch. No promises this time, but I still hope to release a beta by the end of June. Thanks for understanding!

Hajima

Manga Artist 101
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    How'd you change the background, intro, gamefreak intro? :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    How will trade evolution pokemon be handled? Will they be changed to level up evolutions?

Back