• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Psycho-Pass 2 (Urobuchter too lazy to write)

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
  • I have confidence this season will be great, and to be honest, I prefer Urobuchi being out of the team. While Psycho-pass 1 was good, I think he's losing his touch; his characters are starting to feel a little plain ---> Yayoi was our proof last season. I seriously hope she gets even just a little more attention. There's also the Aldnoah/Zero dissapointment.

I'm not particularly hyped for Psycho-Pass 2 but that was a nice first episode and I think it's still gonna be one of the best series this season (:

pkmin3033

I really enjoyed the first season of Psycho-Pass, although I'll be waiting until this gets dubbed before I watch it...the dub cast was, surprisingly, exceptional. I'm more disappointed that it's only 11 episodes than anything else, though...I was hoping for another full-length series.

I hope this season is as disturbing as the first was, though. Rikako Oryo seriously freaked me out with her little sculptures.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I really enjoyed the first season of Psycho-Pass, although I'll be waiting until this gets dubbed before I watch it...the dub cast was, surprisingly, exceptional. I'm more disappointed that it's only 11 episodes than anything else, though...I was hoping for another full-length series.

I hope this season is as disturbing as the first was, though. Rikako Oryo seriously freaked me out with her little sculptures.

Same here! 11 episodes is not enough :(

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Wasn't Gen the original creator of the series? I remember, since I was so hyped for the staff (Aoki, Urobuchi, Takayama, and Sawano's music)

---

I'll just go and watch this with subs. Can't wait and I'm too used to japanese voices already, I think dubs take a little of the feeling.

He's the one who made the script and the series composition, but he's not working as part of the staff in the 2nd season.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'm not as hyped for this as I thought I'd be after watching ep 1. It was okay but not really mind-blowing. Liked how Akane hasn't changed her ways but is now much more like a leader and takes risks. Curious to see whether or not it stands up to the first season. Hopes aren't too high right now. But it'll be a decent watch nevertheless, I guess.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • i'm still in love with this series but i'm quite sure there's a downgrade in animation quality. And I mean a big drop, not just small details.

derozio

Years
  • ^ I haven't really noticed it myself but, well, if there's actually a downgrade in the visuals it ought to be due to the fact that, unlike before, Production I.G (the peeps behind amazing-ass stuff like Ghost in the Shell - SAC) aren't doing this one. Instead, Tatsunoko Productions (affiliated with Production I.G, though) are doing it.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Yup. Maybe it can trick a newbie's eye, but not mine!

In any case if the story continues like this I'm fine. Hope some details are fixed for the BD release.

Moreover IG will be in charge once again in the movie :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Yeah I also cought the difference in Animation, but that changes nothing about how my thoughts are on the series so far. It's progressing smothly.

derozio

Years
  • Again, I personally didn't find it all that different. Maybe I'm just not picky enough. XD;

I wonder where they're going with the series, though. I think it has been already announced that the movie will be a sequel to this season. Does that mean we're gonna end on a cliffhanger? Now that'll suck, if it happens. :< As for the season itself, my impressions so far are - opening grew on me. ED is amazing and I like it as much as Namae no nai Kaibutsu. The show itself is desperately missing the two characters that formed the core of the first season but Akane's badass/experienced side shown in this season kinda makes up for it. I don't know about the antagonist this time - doesn't seem like he'll live up to Makishima. Oh, and there are some things that don't really make sense - they've dealt with a case that just didn't make sense from Sibyl's perspective before. An anomaly. Which should make it clear that there are anomalies - they do exist. For them to be as surprised as they were when they found out that the case they're dealing with is, again, an anomaly that Sibyl just can't deal with as usual, it made me question whether the characters have actually just gone ahead and forgotten about everything that transpired in the first season. Or is this just faulty writing? Or am I missing something here?

The only explanation that comes to mind - the events that took place in S1 are being kept as a secret by a select few people of the police somehow. They don't want the other people from the police, or heck, anyone know about whatever happened so that their image of Sibyl being the perfect system doesn't get ruined right before their eyes. Maybe that's why they aren't saying anything like "look *****, this has happened before. So just go with me and zip the **** up!" when other characters question their beliefs.

That said, the scene where Akane's lighting up these cigarettes without actually smoking them to depict how much she misses Kougami was a nice touch. <3

derozio

Years
  • Kou as backup. Hmm, somehow doubt that.

Saw Episode #3 just now. They edited the opening - the part where Akane gets shot in the head after that repetitive "hand covering her face" clip is a lot more clearer now while the part where Tougane (new dude)'s sections have been blurred out quite a lot. OP looks a little better now, imo. :p

As for the episode itself, it was a decent one. Nothing much really happened except for the fact that his name turned out to be Kirito Kamui. lmfao. LMFAO. First name from SAO and second name from Gintama. I couldn't control my laugh for a sec there. XD; But yeah, buildup episode. Good to see sensei being back, though!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Kou as backup. Hmm, somehow doubt that.

Saw Episode #3 just now. They edited the opening - the part where Akane gets shot in the head after that repetitive "hand covering her face" clip is a lot more clearer now while the part where Tougane (new dude)'s sections have been blurred out quite a lot. OP looks a little better now, imo. :p

As for the episode itself, it was a decent one. Nothing much really happened except for the fact that his name turned out to be Kirito Kamui. lmfao. LMFAO. First name from SAO and second name from Gintama. I couldn't control my laugh for a sec there. XD; But yeah, buildup episode. Good to see sensei being back, though!
    Kirito's name was actually revealed at the end of episode 2 =D
    It also made me laugh a bit =D

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Nothing much really happened except for the fact that his name turned out to be Kirito Kamui.

Fun fact: "Kamui" means "god" in Japanese (actually, Ainu language. Just googled).

Basically, that character's name is "god Kirito", which definitely cracked me up when he mentioned it.

Back