• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question of the Day

Miau

If I fits...
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    My current buddy is Exeggcute, trying to get enough candies to evolve. Right now sitting on 7.3km walked.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Thanks for all the participation so far!

Questions will be on hold until I get back from my Europe trip.

Candela

Valor Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2016
    And we're back! Every trainer should aspire to travel across the land, searching far and wide.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

When you visit a Pok?Stop, do you stop and take a look at the place of interest?

?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    QUESTION OF THE DAY
    When you visit a PokéStop, do you stop and take a look at the place of interest?

Yes! Especially if the pokestop is some place I've been but never noticed. It's surprising how many sculptures and plaques I've walked or biked past and never noticed.

In a few cases I've been unable to find the object in the photograph for the pokestop.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Yeah, unless I'm in a huge rush for some reason, I always check out the pokestop landmark. It's always interesting me the places that have been chosen for pokestops. And some locations, like parks, schools, etc that I think very easily could have been pokestops but aren't. I think it would be great if there was more information in the app or linked in the app about the pokestop.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Yes! Especially if the pokestop is some place I've been but never noticed. It's surprising how many sculptures and plaques I've walked or biked past and never noticed.
    Yep, I can relate. I even discovered a small park/playground a few blocks from my house that I never knew existed. How could that happen?

Blanche

Mystic Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2016
    On our journeys we all develop a special attachment to our Pokémon.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Which Pokémon did you mark as favorites? Do you favor any Pokémon that you didn't mark? Why?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I don't have any marked as my favorites, although when it gets close to lucky egg evolution time, I do mark pokemon I want to make sure to evolve as favorites to make them easier to find.

S­park

Instinct Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Good morning! (From over here, at least)

QUESTION OF THE DAY

If you could make your home a PokéStop or a Gym, which one would you pick?

Years
  • If you could make your home a PokéStop or a Gym, which one would you pick?

Pokéstop! With a gym there are more chances of people just sitting around and spending tons of time battling, which is awkward. At least for a pokéstop you click to get the items and (usually) leave right after. Usually. <_<

Candela

Valor Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2016
    I already have a Pokestop in my back yard that I can sometimes get in my house... can I have another one? :)
    Lucky!

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Check your Jogger medal! How far have you walked so far?

Years
  • Check your Jogger medal! How far have you walked so far?

249.55km.. not very much. I try to take the game with me each time I go somewhere, but since I need my battery life I sometimes have to pass up on it! lol

Blanche

Mystic Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2016
    Going the extra distance is an achievement of its own.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What is your proudest achievement in Pokémon GO so far?

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    My proudest achievement is probably just getting to level 27. I started playing a few days late and for the first couple weeks didn't play much because I wasn't a huge fan of the game during the beta test. I thought the game was so impractical because you can't play while you're driving and I was either at work, at home, or driving. Then I realized that was the whole point. Getting out of the house just to get out and explore, so I started doing that and played and I think I've made up for lost time quite well.

Years
  • What is your proudest achievement in Pokémon GO so far?

Hatching a Charmander from my 2km egg a few days ago. My luck in this game has been SO bad and I can't think of much else. If you count cool sightings I never actually found, then spotting Dragonite and Electabuzz.. but I didn't get any of those. D: <

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Frankly, I'm not terribly proud of anything I've achieved in this game. It's fun, but just a game.

As a physicist, I find the game an interesting example of a parallel universe!

Back