• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Questions about mafia you're too afraid to ask

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Ok, I just found this section of PC and I'm very interested. I have some questions though.

I've seen a lot of "you get auto-death if you miss two voting". Now I'm not sure how fast paced those game's are, but what if I know I'll be offline for a few days? Can I somehow tell so upfront and get a pass for that time?
    Should I make sure to not sign on four or six weeks prior to a holiday of 5+ days? What if I'm offline for 3 days every month or so?

Also is there a shedule or guideline as to when (or how often) new games will be released?

There's mentiones about a skype chat here and there but I can't find it. Help?

If I have any other questions, where should I ask them?

Day phases last 48 hours. And night phases last 24 hours. So you've got a few days to handle it, but if you miss TWO of those 48 hour phases, you'll be auto-killed. You can PM the Game Master and tell them if you're away and they may grant you leniency, but 5+ days away from the game is a lot of missed time, so some might not allow that. But 3 days would only be a whole phase (day and night) missed and wouldn't be too bad.

Check out the Mafia Index to see the lineup. New games come as soon as others finish. There's a few close to ending, so new games come quick.

Look at the Splash where the Godfather gif is. There's a link to the Skype chat there.

Other questions, either here or the Hangout. :)

Years
  • [...]
    Check out the Mafia Index to see the lineup. New games come as soon as others finish. There's a few close to ending, so new games come quick.
    [...]
    So you have a fixed number of open games? How many? (I'm seeing 3 active, two finished and two not on shedule right now, but three sounds like a bit low)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • So you have a fixed number of open games? How many? (I'm seeing 3 active, two finished and two not on shedule right now, but three sounds like a bit low)

There are five active games currently. Four large games, and one small game.

Years
  • Now I feel like using this thread the way it's supposed to be: What are all those references to salt / salty about?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Now I feel like using this thread the way it's supposed to be: What are all those references to salt / salty about?

Pretty much when someone dies because of shenanigans or gets a negative role acted upon them, they feel bad aka salty.

I should know, I'm the saltiest snail here :P

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • actual images of gunner picking up all the salt
    Questions about mafia you're too afraid to ask

Years
  • There's some more words coming up, that I'm not sure what they mean exactly: ninja'd, OMGUS, Shenanigans

I'm sure, you're so kind as to explain those^^

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • There's some more words coming up, that I'm not sure what they mean exactly: ninja'd, OMGUS, Shenanigans

I'm sure, you're so kind as to explain those^^

ninja'd - when you're about to post something but someone else does so first/while you're typing. So if someone were to answer this post before me while I'm typing, they would have ninja'd me - ninjas are fast so that person was all ninja-like and did it before I could :P

OMGUS = oh my god u suck. From my understanding it's voting for someone because they voted for you. (link)

shenanigans - I don't know how to define shenanigans properly but it's like... mischief or tricks. If someone says something like "I call shenanigans", it can mean that they're calling something as bullshit. Hope that makes sense, idk if it does

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Ninja'd means if you were going to post or say something, but while you were posting it someone beat you to it. :3

OMGUS -> "Oh my god you suck" -> when you vote for someone because they voted for you

Shenanigans -> general shenaniganery? Just a word for silly nonsensical things happening?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Ninja'd means if you were going to post or say something, but while you were posting it someone beat you to it. :3

I can explain ninja'd. It means that, while you are in the process of making a post, one or more people make posts before you. I leave the other two to more professional internet-goers.

EDIT: holy cow, I just got ninja'd twice. lol.

Getting ninja'd while explaining what ninja'd means, I love it.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • There's some more words coming up, that I'm not sure what they mean exactly: ninja'd

This usually means when somebody beats you to posting. I think you're talking about my post though, where I pointed out a ninja edit. This means somebody said something in their post, and then quickly edited it out – I managed to catch the original post before it was edited.

Years
  • This usually means when somebody beats you to posting. I think you're talking about my post though, where I pointed out a ninja edit. This means somebody said something in their post, and then quickly edited it out – I managed to catch the original post before it was edited.

I was actually refering to Bardo saying he got "ninja'd thrice", but I understood your post, so I was looking for some edited posts and didn't find any -.-

Thanks for the answers. I guess, I'll post again when I got more >_>

Back