• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    Why are all the pokemon i breed males? Where do I get lax Incense

I have two snorlaxs and in platnium I am trying to breed to get another female snorlax I have bred 15 and they are all males. Why is this?

I was told to get a munchlax you need lax incense. Where do you get it. Do you need to beat the game first before you can?

Years
    Is it possible to have both "stealth rock" and "spikes" in play at the same time?

Yes.
    I have two snorlaxs and in platnium I am trying to breed to get another female snorlax I have bred 15 and they are all males. Why is this?

Snorlax's gender ratio is 7 males : 1 female. Basically, you're just unlucky atm. Keep trying and you'll get a female eventually.
    I was told to get a munchlax you need lax incense. Where do you get it. Do you need to beat the game first before you can?

Route 225, an area you access after beating game, so you do have to beat the game to get it first.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    in my platinum my regigigas is lvl 1, is this a glitch? pm me please.

Well I don't think it is precisely a glitch in the game. Do you use Action Replay? Did you happen to get it by getting the LV. 100 Regigigas Event? If you got it from the LV. 100 Regigigas Event, then it's not a glitch because that LV. 100 Regigigas allows you to obtain a LV. 1 Regigigas at Snowpoint Temple if you have the 3 Regi's in your party. I hope this information provided was helpful for you.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    I seem to be having a bit of trouble evolving my MALE kirlia into a gallade.

It is holding a Dawn Stone but it has managed to get to level 36 without turning into a Gallade. Every time it evolves it turns into Gardevoir... which leads to a reset and prevent the evolution when it levels up.

Does anyone know of any problems with turning kirlia into gallade? does it have to be done before a certain level?
    You dont let Kirlia hold it and level him up, you use your Dawn Stone on Kirlia at level 20+ and he will evolve.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I hope this is the right thread for a GTS question. So I went on this morning and no matter how many times I tried to trade, the Pokemon I was to give was greyed out in my box. Even when the requirement was no more specific then the name of the Pokemon they wanted. Anyone know what's up?

EDIT: I was using Platinum. Could it be because they knew Platinum exclusive
    moves?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I hope this is the right thread for a GTS question. So I went on this morning and no matter how many times I tried to trade, the Pokemon I was to give was greyed out in my box. Even when the requirement was no more specific then the name of the Pokemon they wanted. Anyone know what's up?

EDIT: I was using Platinum. Could it be because they knew Platinum exclusive
    moves?

I know a lot of people who have had this problem before. Since Pokémon Platinum does not have the feature to where you can see the pokémon's levels, the pokémon they are looking for could have a specific level they want, and your pokémon's level does not match that requirement. For example, in Pokémon Platinum the person is looking for a Eevee. You have that Eevee, but you cannot trade it. Perhaps the reason for that is because the level your Eevee is, is not the level they are looking for. I do not know how you can tell what level the pokemon they want is, but I suggest if you have Diamond and/or Pearl, use on of those and look for the pokémon you want. Then you'll be able to see the level, and I guess on Pokémon Platinum, you can reach that level and then trade the pokémon. Hope this is what you are looking for...

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    I am curious and kinda new to pokemon, but ive discovered that there are now about 20 pokemon not available in the game itself and only obtainable via nintendo sponsored events. Which pokemon are these and is there any other way to get them?

thanks in advance

Ty

The Event-specific Pokémons are:

Generation I: Mew
    Generation II: Mew, Celebi
    Generation III: Mew, Celebi, Ho-oh, Lugia, Jirachi, Deoxys
    Generation IV: Mew, Celebi, Ho-oh, Lugia, Jirachi, Deoxys, Shaymin, Phione, Manaphy Arceus

Also, when introducing HeartGold and SoulSilver, Ho-oh and Lugia won't be Event-only.
    The "Secret Key" Item required for changing Rotom's forms(in Platinum only) is also event-only.

Years
    Shinies don't give any more experience than regular Pokemon.

All Pokerus does is double the amount of EVs you gain during battle so that it doesn't take as long to get to those totals.

Back