• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    Cut is one of the most useless moves ever, and the Piplup family are lossy Physical Fighters, but great Special Sweepers, and Empoleon can also be (sort of) a tank.
    Cut's Accuracy is also only 80, while Pound is 100... Acc 80 is what Thunder, Blizzard, Fire Blast and Focus Blast has, but they have 120 Pwr, and is special "/

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Cut is one of the most useless moves ever, and the Piplup family are lossy Physical Fighters, but great Special Sweepers, and Empoleon can also be (sort of) a tank.
    Cut's Accuracy is also only 80, while Pound is 100... Acc 80 is what Thunder, Blizzard, Fire Blast and Focus Blast has, but they have 120 Pwr, and is special "/
    Not entirely correct. Cut has a 95% accuracy.
    The only thing it is really good for is early game where you can replace Tackle with it. Tackle has the same hit ratio, but this is a bit stronger, reusable, and necessary to advance in the storyline.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    I bought Platinum a couple of months ago, I have yet to finish it because I want to show my friends the Giratina scene. Anyways, I know that Platinum has this new system, the Wi-Fi Plaza, I just wanted to know what is it all about, can anyone tell me please? :3

Porygon-2000

Wobbufiend
    Years
    evolution - need advice!

Recently in Pearl I came across a beautiful magnemite. After deciding to take it into my team, i evolved it into a magneton. my question is this: should I evolve my magneton further? I like the way my magneton looks, and its not going to be used in pro tournaments or anything. Still, I would like to hear opinions on the matter before I decide.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Thinking about teaching my Prinplup HM "cut" however, would have to get rid of "Pound" in order to do so. Since HM moves cannot seemingly be deleted (or at least initially, anyone know) would this be a worthwhile investment to make.

Both are "normal moves" pound's attk rating it 40 and cuts is 50.
    Catch a Bidoof; they're useful for teaching HMs to. HM moves can be deleted by somebody in Canalave City (near the 6th badge).
    I bought Platinum a couple of months ago, I have yet to finish it because I want to show my friends the Giratina scene. Anyways, I know that Platinum has this new system, the Wi-Fi Plaza, I just wanted to know what is it all about, can anyone tell me please? :3
    It's basically a bunch of minigames. You enter a room with a bunch of random people; you can compete in minigames, and tell other people about yourself. You don't get anything from it; it's just for fun :)

Years
    Magnezone has much higher sp. atk and defensive stats than Magneton.
    Magneton is faster than Magnezone.

Pretty much speed is the only thing Magneton has over Magnezone. Although, the difference in sp. atk and defensive stats isn't drastically different. If you don't plan on being "pro" at Pokemon, then you don't need to evolve your Magneton if you don't want to.

SceptileX

Grass Trainer
    Years
    Waah! Giratina!! :O

Ok, I've heard vaguely how to change Giratinas forme...

But I can't remember.

I just caught it on Platinum (Took me ages in that Distortion World!) and when we (Me and Cynthia) came out of the world into the Spring Path (Or whatever its called) my Giratina changed forme!

How do I get it back to the Origin Forme?
    And is there any way to make it stay that way?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Giratina has to hold Griseous Orb ;)
    Ya can obtain it after ya beat league and then go to Turnback Cave and on the place where Giratina was standing in D/P will be portal to the second part of Distortion World where that Orb will be :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2009
    Pokémon Chaining

I would really enjoy learning how to star chaining and eventually becoming successful.. But I really don't understand how to chain for shinies (in Platinum). All of the guides that I've read have been extremely confusing. Does anyone know how?

SceptileX

Grass Trainer
    Years
    Thank you :) Ooh no... not more Distortion World...

Where did Dialga and Palkia go? I've heard you can catch them...?

Years
    After beating the Elite 4 (and Champion), go to Celestic Town and talk to the elder. Then, work your way up to Spear Pillar, stopping to go up a Waterfall up the way to get the Adamant and Lustrous orbs. These are what are needed to encounter the two. Then, when you reach Spear Pillar, you'll see a pink and a blue object you can interact with. Pink has lv. 70 Palkia. Blue has lv. 70 Dialga.

Years
    In a nutshell, chaining is just using the Pokeradar to see the same Pokemon at least 40 times in a row. Afterwards, your chances of encountering a shiny while still in that streak are abnormally high.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
    You can catch those by getting the adamant and the otehr orb, don't remember it's name. Go to spear pillar and they'll be there at level 70.

the distortion world where the griseous orb is isn't big and pretty obvious where to go. You can't get lost there.

Back