• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Eli

Years
    • WI
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    Seriously, I am trying to get my Snover into a Abomasnow, and everywhere I try to train it, it always has a weak point. At Canalave City, it can't kill a Gastrodon, at Iron Island, the rock Pokemon just murder it. And any where else the Pokemon are to high of lever, or two low.

God, I need an Abomasnow for my team.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    You should try and get the pokemon you were missing legitimately. Do you know which pokemon you were missing?

This guy is right, since you saved with the modified dex, the people wont move forever unless you know who are the missing pokemon you havent seen yet, beside completing Sinnoh Pokedex is so easy and fun.

Years
    It might be an *event* that triggers *on* completion of the Pokédex, internally, so you may have locked yourself out for good.

Try and see if you can remove a Sinnoh Pokédex entry from your save, then go catch it legitimately.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Fish or Surf, Water is x0.5 to Snover and Snover can hit super effective with Razor Leaf, which it learns at level 5 (use a Heart Scale if necessary).

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    I would suggest you going through all the routes and locating trainers that you might have missed. The game encourages you completing the Dex by fighting all trainers (personally).

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    Seriously, I am trying to get my Snover into a Abomasnow, and everywhere I try to train it, it always has a weak point. At Canalave City, it can't kill a Gastrodon, at Iron Island, the rock Pokemon just murder it. And any where else the Pokemon are to high of lever, or two low.

God, I need an Abomasnow for my team.
    dont use Abomasnow, his type combination is like the worst possible, it has many weaknesses and they are

which mean youll be murdered everywhere

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Yeah, fill up your Sinnoh Dex then get it upgraded.

If you did that already, catch Dialga and Palkia. The Adamant Orb and Lustrous Orb are in Mt. Coronet in the room with the waterfall and there is the cave. They are in there.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    Evolution Question

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I caught a Cascoon and it was level 14. I heard that they evolve into Dustox at level 10. I'm a bit new to Pokemon, haven't played since Gold, I'm just starting my Platinum file again (2nd gym) So I don't know if he can still evolve into Dustox. Can he?

Edit: Thanks. :D

Last edited:

Fire2100

A Beginning Trainer
    Years
    As you see, using Poke'sav isn't the best thing to use if you need to ''catch'' all of the Pokemon to complete the Pokedex. The best solution is to catch the legit Pokemon you needed before you used the Poke'sav code. If you don't know what Pokemon you didn't catch before, I would've restarted the game.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah.But if you do every battle in the game, you see every pokemon.Technically you wouldn't actually need to have pokemon, if you could just watch people battling eachother, to complete the Sinnoh Dex

Years
    I've read that if you battle every trainer in the game then you see every Pokemon except for the legendary in the other game. All you then need to do is read a book in the Cynthia's grandmother's house located in Celestic town. This was the circumstance in Diamond and Pearl.

In Platinum, I heard that all you have to do is battle every trainer in the game to complete the Pokedex since Diagla and Palkia aren't part of the Sinnoh Dex in the game.

Viral Panda

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    Pretty sure Dialga and Palkia are part of the Sinnoh Dex :p

Either way, they're added during the scene where Cyrus summons Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.

Years
    Pretty sure Dialga and Palkia are part of the Sinnoh Dex :p

Either way, they're added during the scene where Cyrus summons Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.
    Apperantly they aren't in Platinum? I haven't played the game yet, it's still in its box since until I complete Diamond. I'll be able to confirm then.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2009
    In my honest opinion you're a cheat and deserve it, but I suggest you go and actually catch each of the Pokemon. Either that or you can restart. Your call.

Back