• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
    Thanks guys. I like the walk through walls cheat idea the best.

And for the record, what you call cheating, I call "time management". :D

Years
    dont use Abomasnow, his type combination is like the worst possible, it has many weaknesses and they are

which mean youll be murdered everywhere
    You should well know that Abomasnow's ability makes up for a lot in Hail teams. And why not try training with an Exp. Share instead, especially if EV's are involved? Once done, defeat weaker Pokemon while holding a Lucky Egg.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010

You should well know that Abomasnow's ability makes up for a lot in Hail teams. And why not try training with an Exp. Share instead, especially if EV's are involved? Once done, defeat weaker Pokemon while holding a Lucky Egg.
    i guess youre right, but did the dude say if he was making a hail team? thats the only reason he's probably useful, no use using him in a regular team unless its strictly in game and with friends, but not competetively

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    you need the National Dex. that unlocks the missing areas and a bunch of other stuff too like PokeRadar, Pal Park and Kanto's birds

Years
    How does one spread around pokerus?

Put the Pokerus'ed Pokemon in your party and walk around. Be sure it's not next to one that's already had Pokerus and now immune. Also, put it in the PC once you're done; you don't want to lose the infectious goodness :P
    @Calvo: Whether he will use the Pokemon for a competitive Hail team or not, the decision to use the Abomasnow for him was already (somewhat) final.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    Ghost Pokemon question

I'm having a hard time fighting Fatina at the third gym. I'm a bit of a noob to these new games, so I don't know the best way to beat her three pokemon. I'm using a lvl 25 Luxio (bite) and lvl 23 Machop (foresight then karate chop) and I manage to kill the first one, then get my ass kicked by Mismagius.
    Anyways, what can I do to better my chances?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Assuming you're talking about the Backlot Mansion in DPPt, no one really knows; it's unaccessible.

Years
    I'm having a hard time fighting Fatina at the third gym. I'm a bit of a noob to these new games, so I don't know the best way to beat her three pokemon. I'm using a lvl 25 Luxio (bite) and lvl 23 Machop (foresight then karate chop) and I manage to kill the first one, then get my ass kicked by Mismagius.
    Anyways, what can I do to better my chances?
    There's nothing else you really can do other than to level up your Pokemon. Luxray's only 5 levels away, so start there. Then perhaps evolve your Machop too? What about your starter?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Shinx learns Bite at 13. Do you not have that move anymore or did you not let Shinx/Luxio learn it? It would do you wonders. :/

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Yes, Dark Type moves and Dark Type Pokemon would be good against Fantina...
    Which leads me to a question of my own:

Is it possible to find a Dark Type Pokemon before Fantina's gym?
    Do you recieve the Eevee which you could potentially evolve into Umbreon as a Dark Type against her before the match or after?
    (I've already finished the storyline; I'm just interested.) ^_^

xX

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think you can go ahead and grab the Eevee, but have fun evolving it. Getting Umbreon (or any friendship evolution, for that matter) takes a long time.

As for any other dark types, there's really nothing for you since Murkrow and Stunky were removed.

edit; Moving this back to DPPt where it belongs. Don't know how it got here in the first place. :/

Last edited:

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    My Pokemon Change Citizenship

Yo guys I have discover something weird I traded My Beautifly For a japanese kricketot
    then it evolve into an english Kricketune how did that happen?

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2009
    Mystery event?

I have pokemon platinum, and I just got the mystery gift option on the main menu. What do I do now? How do I know when the mystery event is happening? Help from anyone would be nice.

Back