• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
    Well, I just read off a certain website (i'm unsure if I am allowed should mention the name so I'll just leave it) that their is a Pikachu Coloured Pichu Event within EU, USA and Australia. I have dnever 'downloaded' a Pokemon off WiFi before and I was questioning how I do it.
    I mean, I have the Mystery Gift tab for my Pokemon Pearl but, I don't know where to go from there, could someone please explain?
    Also, I want to know if this Pikachu Coloured Pichu Event does work in the UK or not?

I'd be very grateful for all the help you can give me. :]

Yes PcP (Pikachu colored Pichu) is available in the UK.
    First you need to go on Mystery Gift and go on receive Wi-Fi event. Then go on receive via Wireless and then you need internet connecting. After a few seconds it will download and then go to any Pokemart and you will find a guy wearing green. Speak to him (make sure you have space in your party) and you will receive PcP! :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2011
    Yes PcP (Pikachu colored Pichu) is available in the UK.
    First you need to go on Mystery Gift and go on receive Wi-Fi event. Then go on receive via Wireless and then you need internet connecting. After a few seconds it will download and then go to any Pokemart and you will find a guy wearing green. Speak to him (make sure you have space in your party) and you will receive PcP! :)

Gee, thanks for that! But, I think you made a mistake!
    I tried 'Via Wireless' and it did not work as it could not connect for some reason.
    I clicked on 'Via Nintendo WFC' and it worked.
    I understand you might have just thought of it quickly but, I just wanted to point this out for anyone who was lost like me. Again, thank you very much! ^_^

Last edited:

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    Pal Park Difficulties?

So, I got the National Pokedex on my second Platinum yesterday, so I tried out Pal Park today. However, the "Migrate Pokemon" option wasn't on the title screen, and I had my Emerald in the GBA slot, so what's going on here?

~Prof. W,

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    hi does anyone have the secret key for the rotom forms?
    because i was wondering if it could be shared via mystery gift thanks

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    i'm stuck in a dilema here. I have all 8 badges and here are my pokemon:
    Lv. 56 Empoleon
    Lv. 54 Garchomp
    Lv. 53 Staraptor
    Lv. 52 Glalie
    Lv. 51 Magmortar...
    I want to add a Mantine to my team (already caught a Mantyke), but I already have a water type, Empoleon; and both Empoleon and Glalie can learn ice moves. I have a lv. 47 Gengar that I put in my box some time back and a Leafeon, so should I use the Mantine; Gengar; or Leafeon?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    My advice:Stick Ice Beam on Empoleon, and choose between Gengar and Leafeon

jefflee915

Treating all pokemon equally
    Years
    i'm stuck in a dilema here. I have all 8 badges and here are my pokemon:
    Lv. 56 Empoleon
    Lv. 54 Garchomp
    Lv. 53 Staraptor
    Lv. 52 Glalie
    Lv. 51 Magmortar...
    I want to add a Mantine to my team (already caught a Mantyke), but I already have a water type, Empoleon; and both Empoleon and Glalie can learn ice moves. I have a lv. 47 Gengar that I put in my box some time back and a Leafeon, so should I use the Mantine; Gengar; or Leafeon?
    Well, personally, no offense to you by any means, I don't like Mantine. Empoleon, in my opinion is a much better and stronger water type than Mantine so stick with him/her. Gengar would be a great addition to your team since all other angles are covered so if it's not much of a bother for you, I suggest you add the Gengar and take out the Glalie, since Glalie is a pure ice type and it can be covered by Empoleon. But it's up to you. For the Leafeon, I have nothing more to say.. It's just a preference for Leafeon, do what you need to with him/her.
    I hope this helps and didn't cause you too much of a problem. Good luck!

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Bad Jirachi!!!!! >:(

I have a level 13 Jirachi that I just obtained (at level5) from GameStop. Even though I have my 1st gym badge (which just make all Pokémon up to level 30, I think) it won't listen to me. Sometimes it's "loafing around", or "disobeying orders", etc. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks
    -Chris

Years
    I have a level 13 Jirachi that I just obtained (at level5) from GameStop. Even though I have my 1st gym badge (which just make all Pokémon up to level 30, I think) it won't listen to me. Sometimes it's "loafing around", or "disobeying orders", etc. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks
    -Chris
    That's the 2nd gym badge that does that. :)

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I've been playing Pokémon for 6-7 years and somehow I forgot that XD Thanks! :)

Years
    What is a quick and effective way to level up my pokemon to 100? I've beaten the game [Platinum] so going anywhere or getting anything should not be a problem.

Years
    What is a quick and effective way to level up my pokemon to 100? I've beaten the game [Platinum] so going anywhere or getting anything should not be a problem.

Use the item LUCKY EGG. Use a male Cute Charm with Covet (Skitty, Cleffa) to steal from wild Chansey just east of Hearthome City.
    Battle wild Gyarados, Chansey. Or high leveled wild from the "Battle Land"

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Ok, i haven't played Pokemon Platinum for about 6 months now, I came back the other day and am wondering how to train my Houndoom that is currently at level 35. I am training it so I can use it through the pokemon league. So yeah, if anybody can give me an idea on how to get Houndoom to level 50 or so, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
    So I just bought platinum and fire red, I plan on training three pokemon from each region and having them put together for one team in Platinum, my question is you need the national dex to do this and I understand you have to see over 250 Pokemon to get this? Is there any way to get this national dex quickly? Because i want to take Charmander over to Platinum BUT I don't want to be really far in my game on Platinum.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Ok, i haven't played Pokemon Platinum for about 6 months now, I came back the other day and am wondering how to train my Houndoom that is currently at level 35. I am training it so I can use it through the pokemon league. So yeah, if anybody can give me an idea on how to get Houndoom to level 50 or so, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
    The Grand Lake Restaurant should always be a fun place to train (enemy Pokemon around level mid 20s)... For Houndoom, I would train it around the snowy Route of 217 (wild Pokemon around level mid 30s). Fire beats ice.

So I just bought platinum and fire red, I plan on training three pokemon from each region and having them put together for one team in Platinum, my question is you need the national dex to do this and I understand you have to see over 250 Pokemon to get this? Is there any way to get this national dex quickly? Because i want to take Charmander over to Platinum BUT I don't want to be really far in my game on Platinum.
    To get the National Dex, you must see all Sinnoh Pokemon (210 Pokemon). Just battle every trainer and you should reach your goal. You must beat the game to get Palpark, I believe.

Back