• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    Here is a big list of changes taken from Drayano's Platinum FAQ at GameFAQs.

Spoiler:

xander9

pkmn Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2015
    im trying to ev train a torchic for sp att and speed. ive already fed it 10 calciums and 10 carbos it has pokerus and is holding the power lens. i need to know how many starlys i have to kill before its evs are full can anyone help?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    im trying to ev train a torchic for sp att and speed. ive already fed it 10 calciums and 10 carbos it has pokerus and is holding the power lens. i need to know how many starlys i have to kill before its evs are full can anyone help?

First of all, the Power Lens actually boosts Special Attack EVs, while Starly gives Speed EVs. If you are trying to EV train your Torchic specifically in Speed first, then you actually need to have it hold the Power Anklet. If you actually did this on purpose, then I need to strongly advise against it, as trying to train two stats at once can be confusing enough to keep track of on its own, not even considering how uneven it would be using that method.

Secondly, in order to maximize your Torchic's Speed EVs after giving it 10 Carbos, you need to have it defeat 15 Starly while holding the Power Anklet and infected with Pokerus, then defeat 1 Starly with the Power Anklet removed.

xander9

pkmn Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2015
    ok then i should work on the special att?

i did that so its special att evs would increase quickly and the speed would increase at the same time

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ok then i should work on the special att?

i did that so its special att evs would increase quickly and the speed would increase at the same time

Even if it would still get EVs for both stats, it would be gaining 8 Special Attack EVs and 2 Speed EVs from each battle, meaning that you would not only need to keep track of how many Starly you defeat, but also how many EVs are going into two different stats at once. At that ratio, there would be an extra 38 EVs that would need to be taken into account once you switch over to focusing on Speed, which causes unnecessary adjustments that can just as easily be avoided.

In short, it is far easier to only focus on training a single stat at a time when using Power items.

lunar_mew

master pokemon ranger
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    help me this is my last resort

none of my pokemon games will work in my dsi it shows the first troubleshooting thing. what do i do

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    Special Defence and Defence???

What are the name of their nature. Like a pokemon has a nature but then has those effects. I would like to know what special defence is called and what defence is called.

JaggedMan

The Cheese Pokemon!
    Years
    Okay, I have almost 72 riolus because I put a ♀ Lucario with a ♂ Lucario and put them in the day care. I get so many eggs from the day care man and no time to hatch them. Is this supposed to happen( I like this though, I get a lot of riolus from this, lol).

This is hilarious how many Riolus I have(I need to open a business, :p).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    Okay, I have almost 72 riolus because I put a ♀ Lucario with a ♂ Lucario and put them in the day care. I get so many eggs from the day care man and no time to hatch them. Is this supposed to happen( I like this though, I get a lot of riolus from this, lol).

Perfectly normal. Now have fun hatching them all xD

Last edited:
    Years
    what are good names for a female charizard?

I was just wondering because I have two that I imported from fire red and one is male the other is female and I do not know any good names for the female. oh and the male is named Blaze. I really want to have some ideas. the name Flare sounds good but I might not use it.
    edit: meh I will call her Flare

Last edited:
    Years
    EV Noob Question

Okay, I've read a few EV walkthroughs on how to train properly. And I would assume this is right but I just want to double check.

Say I wanted to EV train my Eevee (lvl 1 right now) - could I just give my strongest PKMN (with maxed EVs) EXP share to hold and fight pokemon that give 1 EV to the stat I want Eevee to increase. Will this work?

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Yes that works. It's faster if you have pokerus + a power item so you can switch out though. Because with a power item + pokerus a normal bidoof gives off 10 HP EVs. (Bidoof being an example)

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Yes i believe its 5 with no pokerus. But with pokerus it's 10 EVs. ( Counting power item of course)

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    yes.. but bidoof gives 2 evs and the pokerus doubles it and the macho brace doubles that

( 2x2x2=80 so it would be 8 evs ( i think)

Back