• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Yeah.
    Ok thanks.
    You don't by chance know the items that help out certain ev's do you?

The Macho Brace will double obtained EVs. While not an item, Pokerus will do the same, and yes, the two do stack together. Alternatively, for each battle, the Power items will add an additional 4 EVs for a specific stat:

Power Weight - HP
    Power Bracer - Attack
    Power Belt - Defense
    Power Anklet - Speed
    Power Lens - Special Attack
    Power Band - Special Defense

Years
    Macho brace is found by either showing a boy in Pastoria all 3 forms of Burmy (D/P) or by showing him both genders of Combee (Pt).
    You can buy the power items at the Battle Tower/Frontier for 15 BP each.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    What pokemon are you trying to EV train? That would help out a lot more if you told us.

Well probably a Aipom.
    But I'm not sure yet.
    That's why I didn't say it.

Macho brace is found by either showing a boy in Pastoria all 3 forms of Burmy (D/P) or by showing him both genders of Combee (Pt).
    You can buy the power items at the Battle Tower/Frontier for 15 BP each.

Oh ok thanks. :)

Last edited:

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    Well probably a Aipom.
    But I'm not sure yet.
    That's why I didn't say it.

Well, you can use this to find where you can EV train.

HP - Shellos/Bidoof - Valley Windworks
    Attack - Machoke/Bibarel - Route 211 East
    Defense - Graveler/Onix - Iron Mountain
    Special Attack - Gastly/Haunter - Old Chateau
    Special Defense - Tentacool/Tentacruel - Route 220 or anywhere you surf
    Speed - Staravia/Pikachu - Trophy Garden

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Well, you can use this to find where you can EV train.

HP - Shellos/Bidoof - Valley Windworks
    Attack - Machoke/Bibarel - Route 211 East
    Defense - Graveler/Onix - Iron Mountain
    Special Attack - Gastly/Haunter - Old Chateau
    Special Defense - Tentacool/Tentacruel - Route 220 or anywhere you surf
    Speed - Staravia/Pikachu - Trophy Garden

Alright.
    Thanks. :)
    I'm gonna go train now.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    The Rage Candy Bars.. what say you?

That person who sells rage candy bars.. that're always sold out, you know that one? In the Veilstone building? Some say it's just there to have a shoutout to GSC, but other say that you can actually buy them after fufilling certain conditions.. but what do they do? Some say they add 5 levels, and others that they heal 20 HP. Which is it, and why do you think they're in the game?

I personally believe it's just to give a reference to the 2nd gen, but if you really can get them, that'd be neat to know.

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I've been wondering that too! What I really want to know is when I can buy them, if I can...

Years
    The Ragecandybar in G/S/C only healed 20 HP. It's likely just a reference to G/S/C and nothing more since they're unobtainable in the game, meaning that you can never buy them. Ever.

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years
    You need to obtain the National Dex by seeing 210 pokemon (platinum), forgot the amount for Diamond and Pearl. Then go south east from Sandgem Town or save the game and reset the ds, whichever comes first doesn't matter, because you need to head over to Pal Park anyway. If the Fr/Lg/R/S/E game has at least 6 pokemon in any of your boxes, "Migrate from <Insert Game Name here" will come up where all your Wi-Fi settings etc are when you press start at the title screen. Choose 6 pokemon, then talk to the dude inside Pal Park, and he'll give you 6 Park Balls, whatever pokes you chose depends on where they are in Pal Park eg. Squirtle is in the pond since its water.

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
    Years
    Pokemon Platinum Changes

Everyone! I just wanted to know if anyone is out there knowing what the changes are.
    Just to say, I ordered Platinum weeks ago from play-asia, but it hasnt come yet. Bummer.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    Just remember though you cannot migrate a Pokemon with a HM. You'll have to take that Pokemon to the move deleter in the region you're migrating from. Also the Pokemon you're migrating will have to be in PC boxes rather than your party.

Years
    Is there any way to control the moves that are deleted in the Day Care? Like, in my Diamond (started again a couple weeks ago and finally have time to play it), i want to put Bronzor, coz i'm training something else. I want it to keep all of its attacks except for Imprison. Should i put Imprison to the top of the move list, or is this uncontrollable?

Years
    The moves at the top of the list are the ones deleted, so technically yes, there is a way to control what moves are deleted. Just put the undesired moves at the top of the list before depositing the Pokemon into the Day Care.

Back