• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    You get a silver trainer card when you earn 3 stars. To earn stars, you can do the following:

1. Defeat the Elite Four.
    2. Win any one Master Rank Super Contest
    3. Obtain all Battle Frontier Colored Plates
    4. Earn a Platinum flag in the Underground (capture 50 flags)
    5. Capture all 493 Pokemon excluding even pokemon.

You don't need to get all 50 flags from different people btw. :]

Yeah I knew the steps, but...
    So you're saying we can capture the flag of one person over and over again and it'll work?
    Okay if that's so, thanks! ^^

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Wait a minute. Breeding foreign Pokemon together doesn't increase the chances of getting a shiny from an egg. It just increases the rate at which the parents produce eggs, which helps somewhat.
    Indeed - there is NO WAY to improve the chance of whether a Pokemon from an egg will be a shiny Pokemon - each one is the same, no matter the parents.
    Yeah I knew the steps, but...
    So you're saying we can capture the flag of one person over and over again and it'll work?
    Okay if that's so, thanks! ^^
    I can confirm that capturing the flags all from one person (or a few people) works. Also works for the whole talking-to-32-people thing for Spiritomb, but that you have to keep walking in and out of bases to make it count it as a new person or something to that effect.

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    I can confirm that capturing the flags all from one person (or a few people) works. Also works for the whole talking-to-32-people thing for Spiritomb, but that you have to keep walking in and out of bases to make it count it as a new person or something to that effect.

Ah, I see. That is the answer I've been looking for. Thank you ! (:

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Wait a minute. Breeding foreign Pokemon together doesn't increase the chances of getting a shiny from an egg. It just increases the rate at which the parents produce eggs, which helps somewhat.
    No, do you know the Masuda Method? It is taking a two different languaged Pokemon and breeding them will result in a 1/2048 chance of the baby being a shiny.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    In Pokemon Platium,is it possible for a female togepi to hatch from the egg that Cynthia gives you? And is there a certain time that gives the togepi a higher chance of coming out female?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    If you breed a Ditto with a certain nature with another pokemon does it help get the nature you want?

LIke if I was to breed an
    Adamant Ditto
    with a
    Timid Luxray

Would my offspring have either of those natures?
    Or is it randomized?

kissing. raindrops

Years
    If you breed a Ditto with a certain nature with another pokemon does it help get the nature you want?

LIke if I was to breed an
    Adamant Ditto
    with a
    Timid Luxray

Would my offspring have either of those natures?
    Or is it randomized?
    If you stick an Everstone on the Ditto, the chances of the baby being Adamant will be 50%.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    If the female holds an Everstone, there is a 50% chance that the nature of the female (or Ditto) will be passed down to the egg.

Edit: Yukio beat me to it. However I suppose I can ask; if the Ditto was breeding with a female, could the everstone technique still work on the Ditto to pass down the nature?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    If you stick an Everstone on the Ditto, the chances of the baby being Adamant will be 50%.

If the female holds an Everstone, there is a 50% chance that the nature of the female (or Ditto) will be passed down to the egg.

Edit: Yukio beat me to it. However I suppose I can ask; if the Ditto was breeding with a female, could the everstone technique still work on the Ditto to pass down the nature?

Really?
    I didn't know that thanks.

So just the female has to hold the everstone?

kissing. raindrops

Years

Yes, Ditto passes down the nature no matter what you breed it with, I believe.
    Really?
    I didn't know that thanks.

So just the female has to hold the everstone?
    If you're breeding Ditto and a female, Ditto has to hold to Everstone.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    In Pokemon Platium,is it possible for a female togepi to hatch from the egg that Cynthia gives you? And is there a certain time that gives the togepi a higher chance of coming out female?

Yes, it is possible, but you have to save before you pick up the Egg from her. There is nothing to make it more likely, it's a 1/8 chance (or 12.5%) that it will be female.

kissing. raindrops

Years
    So, I'm EV training right? And I've got a question.
    Do 4 KO'd pokemon = 1EV point?
    No, every Pokemon you defeat gives at least one EV. Depends which Pokemon you defeat. For example, Starlys give ONE Attack EV, Staravias give TWO Speed EVs, and Staraptors give THREE Attack EVs.
    Just use Serebii and it will tell you how many EV points and in what stat each Pokemon give.

Nnoitra Jiruga

Your. SCREAM's. a. whisper.
    Years
    No, every Pokemon you defeat gives at least one EV. Depends which Pokemon you defeat. For example, Starlys give ONE Attack EV, Staravias give TWO Speed EVs, and Staraptors give THREE Attack EVs.
    Just use Serebii and it will tell you how many EV points and in what stat each Pokemon give.
    I see. Thank you ^^I've been killing Quagsires for EV's so I wasn't sure >_>

/is back with another question
    Y'see, I killed 34 Quagsires, but I only got +8 to my Max HP when I lvled up. Did I ev train wrong? 0.o

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    I see. Thank you ^^I've been killing Quagsires for EV's so I wasn't sure >_>

/is back with another question
    Y'see, I killed 34 Quagsires, but I only got +8 to my Max HP when I lvled up. Did I ev train wrong? 0.o

No. Since it takes 4 EVs to gain an extra point in the stat, you will currently only have 16 extra points in HP if you didn't use pokerus or the power weight while EV training. This is relevant because the stat changes are not instantaneous. You will not see the full effects of the EVs until level 100. You didn't do anything wrong.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    EV Help?

How are you suppose to EV train a Pokemon when it's a low level?
    I have noooo clue.
    Anyone wanna help me?
    Like how do I level up a newly hatched pokemon if i wanna EV train it?
    If I battle the wrong pokemon the wrong ev's go upand you can only find certain pokemon in certain areas. Unless you have an AR (which I have but I don't have a working POKEmod code)
    so how do you guys do it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    The early two routes of the game have Bidoof, Starly, Shinx and sometimes Kricketot, which grant HP, Speed, Attack, and Defense EVs, respectively. Most EV spreads will involve at least one of these stats, and these Pokemon are at an average level low enough for a level 1 Pokemon to defeat some of them and level up.

Otherwise, Rare Candies are an option, as is the Daycare. You can also lead with the Pokemon that you are trying to train, switch to a stronger Pokemon, and use it to KO. Both Pokemon will still get the normal number of EVs regardless.

Back