• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
Years
  • Almost complete Sinnoh Pokedex

Hi, I'm almost done with the pokedex in order to get the national one (and finally migrate my pokemons from greenleaf) but I need these in order to do so.

Does anybody know where can I find them? I already tried websites like serebii.net and such but they won't tell me if a trainer does have it or something more.

Missing

And that's it. I think I know where 146-148 are but the rest I really don't know where.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • You can exchange star pieces to a man in fuego ironworks for some

Yep, that's what I thought. Thanks!

But I thought there was another man you could get some from..?

Meh, maybe I'm just thinking about how the dude in Solaceon gives you Heart Scales

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Nah, sorry, it won't. The poke with Magma Armor / Flame Body has to be in the first slot of your party for the ability to take effect.
    Actually, it can be anywhere in your party. I often hatch eggs just as fast with it being in my second slot or later.
    If I'm right, Sucker Punch should hit first because the other Pokemon intended to attack.

Another option would be that the Pokemon with faster speed strikes first.

I'd say that the second option is correct; if Sucker Punch is used while a faster Pokémon uses Quick Attack, Sucker Punch would go second and fail.

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    does anyone know where to get slowpoke and poliwhirl in platinum?
    also how do you get the deepsea scale/fang?

Years
  • Slowpoke is found on route 205 via Pokeradar. Poliwhirl can be found on routes 227 and 228 by via Surfing.

In Diamond and Pearl, you could find DeepSeaScales on wild Chinchou, Lanturn and Relicanth; DeepSeaTooths on Carvanha and Sharpedo. The same should apply to Platinum.

BoBoMaster13

Shiny and Event Collecter
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 4, 2010
    Is it possible to have a pokemon with a blank OT? I think then Gengar I just got was hacked. Still seems legit tho. No abnormally in its stats.

The Red Chain

Is it possible to have a pokemon with a blank OT? I think then Gengar I just got was hacked. Still seems legit tho. No abnormally in its stats.

I've never heard of a blank OT.
    Chances are it's indeed hacked, or it's from Korea.
    Korean characters don't display on American Pokemon games.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Poke Radar Pikachu

OK. Typically, the Poke Radar is used so that you can go out and catch shiny's or better yet, catch exclusive shinies. But my question is this could you use the Poke Radar to go Light Ball hunting? Discuss

Years
  • Well, using the Pokeradar doesn't increase the chances of finding wild Pokemon with hold items. You could use the Pokeradar so that you would get a long chain of Pikachus and hope that one of them is holding a Light Ball (5% chance, btw), but that's pretty much it.

If your lead Pokemon has Compoundeyes, that increases the chance of finding a Pokemon with hold items.

Reactions: GFA
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2020
    The easiest way to get a Pikachu is go to Trophy Garden with a Level 18 Pokemon at the top of your squad, and use some repels. You will only run into Pikachu's and the Pokemon of the day. If you take just two Pokemon with you (level 18 and your catching Pokemon such as Butterfree due to Compoundeyes) then you can catch a few and immediately see if they have a Light Ball. It worked for me on only my 3rd Pikachu. Also if you have a Shuppet with Frisk you can see what item it is holding.

Reactions: GFA
    Back