• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I know someone who's a Thickneck or whatever they're called, and thats not one of the choices...

Karonte

YAY PLATINUM IS HERE^^
    Years
  • Hey Im not sure if this goes here BUT I battled this kid at school today and well he won >< But the thing is he said he "bred" his spiritomb with Wonderguard :/ which makes no sense. His Tyranitar had Rough skin and His dragonite had Pure Power ( My Gardevoir Traced it) And they were also all shinys and killed my Pokemon in one hit and both had 500 hp. (I looked over) Cause now he thinks hes the best -.- Which annoys me lol( He also said that I was the only perso ever to kill 1 of his pokemon)

And It wont let me upload the video to Wifi cause theres "A problem with the recipients pokemon"

This is sorta a Pride thingie :P soooooo yeah xD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I know someone who's a Thickneck or whatever they're called, and thats not one of the choices...
    Well, I know there's a code for the Action Replay that lets you choose a variety of sprites for wifi, but as far as I know, that's for Diamond/Pearl, and I would need it for Platinum. Plus, I'd just like a legit way of changing the sprite to something I'd like. :P

Years
  • can i trade/battle through an emulator when i have an internet connection?

With other emulators: There might be a way through a P2P set up or something.
    With other game cartridges: No

Ah okay. Now those 4 that are generated, are those the only ones that will ever appear for your game cartridge? or does it ever generate four different ones? Because I'm hating the selection lol. :(

Those are the only ones that will ever show up for the save file. If you start a new one, you should get different trainer classes.

Hey Im not sure if this goes here BUT I battled this kid at school today and well he won >< But the thing is he said he "bred" his spiritomb with Wonderguard :/ which makes no sense. His Tyranitar had Rough skin and His dragonite had Pure Power ( My Gardevoir Traced it) And they were also all shinys and killed my Pokemon in one hit and both had 500 hp. (I looked over) Cause now he thinks hes the best -.- Which annoys me lol( He also said that I was the only perso ever to kill 1 of his pokemon)

And It wont let me upload the video to Wifi cause theres "A problem with the recipients pokemon"

Hacked. You can't "breed" abilities.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    Hey Im not sure if this goes here BUT I battled this kid at school today and well he won >< But the thing is he said he "bred" his spiritomb with Wonderguard :/ which makes no sense. His Tyranitar had Rough skin and His dragonite had Pure Power ( My Gardevoir Traced it) And they were also all shinys and killed my Pokemon in one hit and both had 500 hp. (I looked over) Cause now he thinks hes the best -.- Which annoys me lol( He also said that I was the only perso ever to kill 1 of his pokemon)

Very much hacked. You can't breed abilities, and spiritomb has no weaknesses so Nintendo wouldn't put wonderguard on it. Tyranitar can't have rough skin, its ability is sand stream.

gawi5

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Wifi Battling!?!

Can you fight someone at random? or do you have to have Friend Codes?

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
  • You can also download real peoples trainer data at the battle tower.. I don't assume that would be considered the same although it is still wi-fi.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • You can use PokeSAV to change your trainer ID and your sprite in the Union Room.
    It would be safe to delete the program after.

Gusxx1

Years
  • So today, I hatched an egg and when it hatched it showed as shiny. But when i view it's summary it isn't shiny... Whys that? (I've tried rehatching it 3 times, Each time it appears as shiny but isnt in the summary)

Last edited:

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Mostly a glitch or [ that the game has no status of shines anymore. ( Most unlikely ) ]

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Oh, that king of the Resort Area thing, I did that...
    It was only Level 98 though... :(

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • I know someone who's a Thickneck or whatever they're called, and thats not one of the choices...

How would you know it's one of the choices? The choices are trainer
    ID-specifc, and they only show 4 out of whatever amount of trainers.
    Also, it's a rough neck or whatever.

You can use PokeSAV to change your trainer ID and your sprite in the Union Room.
    It would be safe to delete the program after.

Could you elaborate on these "safety" issues with PokeSav?
    Purely out of curiosity and interest, of course.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Sucks that you can't double battle over WiFi, also.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Could you elaborate on these "safety" issues with PokeSav?
    Purely out of curiosity and interest, of course.

Meant that there would be no harm to your game after using the program.
    ... If your trainer ID was the only thing you changed.

Of course, you would need to edit the IDs of all of your Pokemon and the trainer sprite needs to correspond with the ID.

Gusxx1

Years
  • So today, I hatched an egg and when it hatched it showed as shiny. But when i view it's summary it isn't shiny... Whys that? (I've tried rehatching it 3 times, Each time it appears as shiny but isnt in the summary)

I'm gonna post this quote from before in hopes of new answers.

Back