• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    He didn't specify how many he was seeking, but that's a good start ;)

Yeah I was actually asking how many gravelors do I have to kill to max DEFENCE EV's with PKRS and the powerbelt and 10 defence vitamins. But I have been asking that over 3 times and people have not been giving me a correct answer. But the Forci Stikane dude solved my problem with GusXX1. But I thought EV's finish at 255. Because total is 510 EVs. Any idea on how to make that 152 to 155 :) by killing gravelors?

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Yeah I was actually asking how many gravelors do I have to kill to max DEFENCE EV's with PKRS and the powerbelt and 10 defence vitamins. But I have been asking that over 3 times and people have not been giving me a correct answer. But the Forci Stikane dude solved my problem with GusXX1. But I thought EV's finish at 255. Because total is 510 EVs. Any idea on how to make that 152 to 155 :) by killing gravelors?

It's pointless because you would be wasting 6 EVs. If you want 255 in one stat and 255 in another, The extra EV's you're adding don't do anything. Anyway i'll answer it. If you want 255 the only thing you can do is put the power item back on and just knock it out. I don't believe that EVs go past 255 in any stat so it wouldn't really matter if you just got the 10 EVs when you only need like 3 for example. I say go for 252 in each stat then the remaining 6 in something else so you're not completely wasting them.

fisheydude

Pokemon addict
    Years
    roaming pokemon catcher

So what is a good pokemon to use to catch roaming pokemon? Right now I have a level 100 wobbuffet to take a lot of hits and the pokemon can't run from him. I have a Gallade that knows false swipe. I ask because the Zapdos on my game is ticking me off. He is paralyzed with 1hp. If I keep throwing balls at him, he eventually uses roost and if I trade to Gallade to use false swipe, he runs. I have thrown 30 ultra balls at him along with an assortment of others. I would love a master ball if anyone has one to trade or if there is a pokemon that knows false swipe that wild pokemon can't run from, PLEASE tell me what it is.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    What TM number is that one move Spikes or something. Where it puts all the spikes on the enemies team.

Toxic Spikes? Is that what you ment? if so it's only a breedable/learnable move.

Semi-right. Better answer below.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Spikes can't be learned by TM. It can be learned by breeding/leveling-up though. Here's a list.

Pokemon that can learn Spikes by leveling up:

Spoiler:

Pokemon that learn Spikes through breeding:

Spoiler:

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    It's pointless because you would be wasting 6 EVs. If you want 255 in one stat and 255 in another, The extra EV's you're adding don't do anything. Anyway i'll answer it. If you want 255 the only thing you can do is put the power item back on and just knock it out. I don't believe that EVs go past 255 in any stat so it wouldn't really matter if you just got the 10 EVs when you only need like 3 for example. I say go for 252 in each stat then the remaining 6 in something else so you're not completely wasting them.

So what would you recommend me to raise EVs on a bronzong tanker. I'm gonna use a tank bronzong. I was thinking about maxing 255 defence EVs and 255 special defence EVs. But I don't know how I'd be wasting 6 EVs if I am going to master those two amounts. So what would be your plan then? I have PKRS on me and have the power items so should I kill gravelors or geodudes? Should I even use a power item to get the precise EVs because what you are stating is making me look like I am making a huge mistake. So let's see what you advise? For special defence EV training should I also use the power item and only kill tentacools?? I am just trying to get a perfect 255 on both stats. NOT 252. If that was not your point then please do tell me exactly what I should do.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Is there still a small chance to get a swarm pokemon like Beldum and Larvitar, if it isn't swarming? I tried to exploit it by changing my clock and date but it's not working.

The Red Chain

Is there still a small chance to get a swarm pokemon like Beldum and Larvitar, if it isn't swarming? I tried to exploit it by changing my clock and date but it's not working.

Larvitar can be obtained in Diamond by use of the Pokeradar on Route 206 ; but to obtain Larvitar in Platinum there must be a swarm.

Beldum can only be found during a swarm, but the good thing is the swarm can happen in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    So what would you recommend me to raise EVs on a bronzong tanker. I'm gonna use a tank bronzong. I was thinking about maxing 255 defence EVs and 255 special defence EVs. But I don't know how I'd be wasting 6 EVs if I am going to master those two amounts. So what would be your plan then? I have PKRS on me and have the power items so should I kill gravelors or geodudes? Should I even use a power item to get the precise EVs because what you are stating is making me look like I am making a huge mistake. So let's see what you advise? For special defence EV training should I also use the power item and only kill tentacools?? I am just trying to get a perfect 255 on both stats. NOT 252. If that was not your point then please do tell me exactly what I should do.

252 HP
    86 ATK
    80 DEF
    92 SpDEF

It is not a huge mistake... Just a small one.
    Perfect 255 would be wasting 6 EV points, since 252 is the maximum effectual value. 253, 254, and 255 EVs have no effect on your stats. 252 and 255 will have the same effect on your stats.

255 / 255 = 510
    252 / 252 / 6 = 510

- - - - - -

Same person, different question: TM76 - Stealth Rock

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Lv. 50?

This is a more difficult and complex question, so I thought it would be suited better here than in the simple Q and A thread.

In the Battle Tower, Arcade, Castle, etc., what do they do when they reduce your pokemon to level 50? What I mean is, if I have Ev trained a pokemon after level 50, will it still have the boost when reduced back to lv. 50, or will they just take the stats he had when he was at lv. 50?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    quick question lol

How come my Chansey wont breed? i looked on Bulbapedia what other pokemon wont breed, and they all failed on me.

all i need is the damn Happiny to complete the dex, but no one at school has a happiny or whatever, so i cant find it >_<

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well, there is a man in Hearthome City that is a hiker dude and he gives you a Happiny egg.

Hope that helps.

The Red Chain

How come my Chansey wont breed? i looked on Bulbapedia what other pokemon wont breed, and they all failed on me.

all i need is the damn Happiny to complete the dex, but no one at school has a happiny or whatever, so i cant find it >_<

Breed your Chansey with Ditto and make sure the Chansey is holding Luck Incense ; that will produce a Happiny egg.
    Morning Bliss's answer works as well.

Last edited:
    Back