• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
Years
  • If you allot 510 EVs into it, then it will not get any EVs from further battles. It would be safe to fight any Pokemon you please. Also, if you go with the double battle route, either (1) have Smeargle have 510 EVs, or (2) kill Smeargle before beating the enemy.

Yes, the Trainer Cafe trainers are random... But Maylene appears there, and you can learn Spore on that day.

Yeah, I'm already doing that. I'm gonna be getting the moves after the EVs are all done. I was just getting some help beforehand so i can do it right when i finish.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    In Veilstone City, the house directly behind the PokeCenter, theres a dude that gives you a Porygon

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    You can get a Porygon at a house near the Galactic Wearhouse in Veilstone.
    Around the Pokemon Center.

Edit: Beat.

Years
  • Yeah um......I need some help completeting my Platinum Sinnoh dex...I need to battle trainers with these, but I cant find them...

Ambipom
    Lumineon
    Numbers 151 & 152
    Porygon

Anyone know where I can find these?

Battle trainers for all except Rotom.

151: Tangrowth - Victory Road (Basement Floor 1)
    152: Rotom - Talk to the TV in the Old Chateau (Eterna Forest)
    Ambipom - Route 216
    Lumineon - Route 223

Porygon covered by above posters.

Gusxx1

Years
  • I keep trying to sketch substitute but it always fails. Anyway to solve that?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Go into battle with a Substituter with less than 25% HP. If they use Substitute and it fails (due to low HP), you can copy the move with no problem.

Gusxx1

Years
  • Thanks both of you :D, Now does anyone know a pokemon that can learn baton pass by level 30 that can be caught in wild. I believe mr mime learns it as 36.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • 252 HP
    86 ATK
    80 DEF
    92 SpDEF

It is not a huge mistake... Just a small one.
    Perfect 255 would be wasting 6 EV points, since 252 is the maximum effectual value. 253, 254, and 255 EVs have no effect on your stats. 252 and 255 will have the same effect on your stats.

255 / 255 = 510
    252 / 252 / 6 = 510

- - - - - -

Same person, different question: TM76 - Stealth Rock

Wait are you sure that 252 EV HP 86 ATK 80 DEF and 92 SP DEF is recommended EV stats for a bronzong tank? If so for the health EVs what should I kill (I hear killing bidoofs is pretty groovy) And for health EVs should I use a power item?? For ATK Evs what should I kill and should I use a power item. Same goes for Defence and Special Defence should I kill gravelors/tentacruels or just the first evolve form of those two and should I use a power item? And just to let you know I have Pokerus on my bronzor lvl. 18 which is a better lvl than lvl.20. Also should I use vitamins? And what about the move set? People told me to get Iron Defence.

Years
  • HP (Health, right?) - Bidoof (1 HP; Route 201) + Power Weight
    Attack - Machop (1 atk; Route 207) + Power Bracer
    Defense - Geodude and Onix (1 Def; Oreburgh Mine) + Power Belt
    Sp. Defense - Tentacool (1 Sp. Def; Surfing) + Power Band

KOing the first evolution or not is a personal preference (for me anyway). KOing Pokemon that give 1 EVs with the Power item and Pokerus gives 10 EVs while doing it with Pokemon that give 2 EVs gives 12. I find it easier to keep track of 10 rather than 12, but choose what works for you.

Also, I suggest that you breed your for your Pokemon instead of catching them as you have more control over their nature (and IVs). Natures benefit one stat, but decrease another, just in case you didn't know. Most of the time, the decrease doesn't really affect anything, so it's OK in most situations.

As for a moveset, check out this: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/bronzong .

Does this help?

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • HP (Health, right?) - Bidoof (1 HP; Route 201) + Power Weight
    Attack - Machop (1 atk; Route 207) + Power Bracer
    Defense - Geodude and Onix (1 Def; Oreburgh Mine) + Power Belt
    Sp. Defense - Tentacool (1 Sp. Def; Surfing) + Power Band

KOing the first evolution or not is a personal preference (for me anyway). KOing Pokemon that give 1 EVs with the Power item and Pokerus gives 10 EVs while doing it with Pokemon that give 2 EVs gives 12. I find it easier to keep track of 10 rather than 12, but choose what works for you.

Also, I suggest that you breed your for your Pokemon instead of catching them as you have more control over their nature (and IVs). Natures benefit one stat, but decrease another, just in case you didn't know. Most of the time, the decrease doesn't really affect anything, so it's OK in most situations.

As for a moveset, check out this: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/bronzong .

Does this help?

Yes very much but how many will I need to kill?? Also I have a bronzor with perfect nature. And does anyone have a Stealth rock? And power weight and power bracer?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Assuming that you will use the vitamins with Pokerus and Power Items, you'll need to KO:
    HP: 10 HP Up (100) + 15 Bidoof with the Power item (150) and 1 without it (2) = 252 HP
    Atk: 8 Protein (80) + 3 Machop without the Power item (6) = 86 atk
    Def: 8 Iron (80) = 80 def
    Sp. Def: 9 Zinc (90) + 1 Tentacool without the Power item (2) = 92 Sp. Def

If you're not using the Vitamins but are using Pokerus and the Power Items:
    HP: 25 Bidoof with the Power item (250) and 1 without it (2) = 252 HP
    Atk: 8 Machop with the Power Item (80) + 3 without it (6) = 86 atk
    Def: 8 Geodude/Onix with the Power Item (80) = 80 def
    Sp. Def: 9 Tentacool with the Power Item (90) + 1 Without it (2) = 92 Sp. Def

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • Assuming that you will use the vitamins with Pokerus and Power Items, you'll need to KO:
    HP: 10 HP Up (100) + 15 Bidoof with the Power item (150) and 1 without it (2) = 252 HP
    Atk: 8 Protein (80) + 3 Machop without the Power item (6) = 86 atk
    Def: 8 Iron (80) = 80 def
    Sp. Def: 9 Zinc (90) + 1 Tentacool without the Power item (2) = 92 Sp. Def

If you're not using the Vitamins but are using Pokerus and the Power Items:
    HP: 25 Bidoof with the Power item (250) and 1 without it (2) = 252 HP
    Atk: 8 Machop with the Power Item (80) + 3 without it (6) = 86 atk
    Def: 8 Geodude/Onix with the Power Item (80) = 80 def
    Sp. Def: 9 Tentacool with the Power Item (90) + 1 Without it (2) = 92 Sp. Def

My bad I'm such a dumbie. Okay so for HP you want me to use 10 HP UPs for 100 HP EVs then you want me to kill 15 bidoofs with power item (150 EVs right there) and 1 without Power item (2 EVs right there) which all equals to 252 HP EVs. Then for ATK you want me to take 8 protein vitamins for (80 EVs right there) Then kill 3 machops without the power item (6 EVs right there) All equals up to 86 ATK EVs. Then for Defence it is just take 8 iron vitamins and there you go 80 Easy EV's. Then take 9 zinc Vitamins (total to 90 EVs already) Then kill 1 tentacool without the power item. I see. Now does anyonehave the Power weight and Power Bracer and TM for Stealth Rock?

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Wait are you sure that 252 EV HP 86 ATK 80 DEF and 92 SP DEF is recommended EV stats for a bronzong tank? If so for the health EVs what should I kill (I hear killing bidoofs is pretty groovy) And for health EVs should I use a power item?? For ATK Evs what should I kill and should I use a power item. Same goes for Defence and Special Defence should I kill gravelors/tentacruels or just the first evolve form of those two and should I use a power item? And just to let you know I have Pokerus on my bronzor lvl. 18 which is a better lvl than lvl.20. Also should I use vitamins? And what about the move set? People told me to get Iron Defence.

Your Bronzor should have PokeRus and no item attached. Make sure of this before beginning.

80 DEF > use 8x IRON

Unequip item.

86 ATK > use 8x PROTEIN; no item attached -- defeat 3 Shinx (or 1 Machamp / Nidoking / Garchomp / Rhyperior / Gallade / Regigigas, etc.).

92 SpDEF > use 9x ZINC; no item attached -- defeat 1 Tentacool.

Equip POWER WEIGHT.

100 HP > use 10x HP UP;
    150 HP @Power Weight -- defeat 15 Bidoof (at 10 EVs a battle)
    2 HP > NO ITEM ATTACHED -- defeat 1 Bidoof.

Gusxx1

Years
  • I read on a site before that listed a bunch of trainers and how EXP they gave during each battle. I'm wondering if anyone knows which site that was? If not could someone tell me a good place to get EXP from a trainer quick? I used the VS seeker on the guy with the two gyrados' in Sunnyshore with the lucky egg for 4000+ EXP.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I read on a site before that listed a bunch of trainers and how EXP they gave during each battle. I'm wondering if anyone knows which site that was? If not could someone tell me a good place to get EXP from a trainer quick? I used the VS seeker on the guy with the two gyrados' in Sunnyshore with the lucky egg for 4000+ EXP.

The formula for finding out how much EXP you will get in battle is:

<Lucky Egg> x <OT / Foreign> x <NPC vs. Wild> x <base experience> x <Level of fainted PKMN> x 0.14286

Lucky Egg is 1.5 if the Pokemon holds that item and 1 otherwise.

The OT / Foreign is 1, unless (1) the Pokemon has a different OT (two games can have the same OT, but generally, a traded Pokemon will have a different OT) or (2) the Pokemon is from a different language. If (1) applies, then a-value is equal to 1.5, if (2) applies, then the a-value is 1.7.

If the defeated Pokemon belongs to a trainer, NPC vs. Wild is 1.5, otherwise it is 1.

The base experience varies from Pokemon to Pokemon. The highest is Chansey and Blissey, who both have 255 Base EXP. I think it shares this quality with Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, and Lugia. Gyarados has 215.

I'll pull up a site with the base EXP for you.
    edit This one only shows the first 386 Pokemon, since it is for R/S/E/FR/LG
    http://www.geocities.com/ultrastupidneal/Pokemon-Pokedex-NameBaseStatExperience.html

The higher Level the enemy is the more EXP you will get.

BASICALLY:

You want to do the following:
    • Equip a Lucky Egg.
    • Have, if possible, a Pokemon that does not belong to you. It is better if it came from a foreign country.
    • Fight Trainers as opposed to Wild Pokemon.
    • Fight something with a high Base EXP.
    • Fight higher level Pokemon.

Last edited:

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • Your Bronzor should have PokeRus and no item attached. Make sure of this before beginning.

80 DEF > use 8x IRON

Unequip item.

86 ATK > use 8x PROTEIN; no item attached -- defeat 3 Shinx (or 1 Machamp / Nidoking / Garchomp / Rhyperior / Gallade / Regigigas, etc.).

92 SpDEF > use 9x ZINC; no item attached -- defeat 1 Tentacool.

Equip POWER WEIGHT.

100 HP > use 10x HP UP;
    150 HP @Power Weight -- defeat 15 Bidoof (at 10 EVs a battle)
    2 HP > NO ITEM ATTACHED -- defeat 1 Bidoof.

Well killing the shinx beats the 8 geodudes.

Back