• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
Years
  • The formula for finding out how much EXP you will get in battle is:

<Lucky Egg> x <OT / Foreign> x <NPC vs. Wild> x <base experience> x <Level of fainted PKMN> x 0.14286

Lucky Egg is 1.5 if the Pokemon holds that item and 1 otherwise.

The OT / Foreign is 1, unless (1) the Pokemon has a different OT (two games can have the same OT, but generally, a traded Pokemon will have a different OT) or (2) the Pokemon is from a different language. If (1) applies, then a-value is equal to 1.5, if (2) applies, then the a-value is 1.7.

If the Pokemon belongs to a trainer, NPC vs. Wild is 1.5, otherwise it is 1.

The base experience varies from Pokemon to Pokemon. The highest is Chansey and Blissey, who both have 255 Base EXP. I think it shares this quality with Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, and Lugia. Gyarados has 215.

I'll pull up a site with the base EXP for you.
    edit This one only shows the first 386 Pokemon, since it is for R/S/E/FR/LG
    https://www.geocities.com/ultrastupidneal/Pokemon-Pokedex-NameBaseStatExperience.html

The higher Level the enemy is the more EXP you will get.

BASICALLY:

You want to do the following:
    • Equip a Lucky Egg.
    • Have, if possible, a Pokemon that does not belong to you. It is better if it came from a foreign country.
    • Fight Trainers as opposed to Wild Pokemon.
    • Fight something with a high Base EXP.
    • Fight higher level Pokemon.

Wow you put a lot of effort into that post. I appreciate it. I'll definitely bookmark that page.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    they told me to post this here, so-
    What Is The Wifi On The Games- I know about the wifi plaza mini games, i love those- i'm talking about friend codes- that kind of stuff-

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    they told me to post this here, so-
    What Is The Wifi On The Games- I know about the wifi plaza mini games, i love those- i'm talking about friend codes- that kind of stuff-

Friend codes are used to register on your pal pad to battle on wifi or trade. Friend Codes are stored in your Pal Pad and you can obtain friend codes from your friends.

Years
  • im not even going to sweat it I know my pokemon are legit I wouldnt trade anyone if I had hacked pokemon it takes the fun out of the game plus its not a big deal I dont want to make the problem any bigger cause there is no reson for it lol

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
  • How do I trade with myself?

I have Platinum and Diamond, I want to get something from Diamond to Platinum from one DS. I've heard it's possible, can anyone help me?

Years
  • The closest thing to that would be to offer a Pokemon on the GTS from one game and use the other game to finish the trade (considering you can find it first). Other than that, there's no way to trade between the two games with only 1 DS.

Years
  • I have Platinum and Diamond, I want to get something from Diamond to Platinum from one DS. I've heard it's possible, can anyone help me?

With one Ds, your out of luck. If you put it in the Pokemon ranch with one game, you can't get it with the other. And like jpp8 said above, the GTS is about the only thing. But even then, slim to none that you'd find your post amongst all the thousands of them, even if you narrow it down.

Nightingale

Uber EV/IV n00b
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2009
    I have a question. (:

The Vitamins that you feed your Pokemon, does that increase their stats, or what exactly does it do?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I have a question. (:

The Vitamins that you feed your Pokemon, does that increase their stats, or what exactly does it do?
    Vitamins increase something called EVs - Effort Values - for your Pokemon in that stat by 10. Now, 4 EVs equate to one stat point, so that means one Vitamin - 2.5 stat points for that stat. You won't necessarily see them right then and there though - some may only appear once you level up later on.

The Viatmins don't work if you have already gained 100 EVs for that stat (say, Attack).

You also get EVs from each time you beat a Pokemon - what ones you get depend on it. But there's a max of 510 EVs total, and a max of 255 EVs in one stat alone. They go on top of normal stat gains as well.

I'd suggest looking here for more on EVs if you don't happen to know about them: https://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml Or just use google - there are guides on them everywhere.

Nightingale

Uber EV/IV n00b
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2009
    Thank you very much. (: I was just wondering, since I have a ton of vitamins that I don't know what to do with. >///<;;

I'm kind of a n00b when it comes to EVs and IVs

Back