• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
Years
  • Help With Feebas

I'm looking for a Feebas in Platinum and I want to know if anyone memorized one of their fishing tiles for Feebas, so I can mix records and get one. I don't know where another place to put this thread would be, so it's going here.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • is there a guy in D/P that can comment on your Pokes IV ? you know, like the guy in Emerald's Battle Frontier.

Oh i read earlier posts about the japanese Ditto increasing the odds of getting a Shiny ? it's true ?!

The IV guy is in the Battle Tower (the northmost attraction in the Battle Frontier). He is off to the right of the map, somewhere near the top. I don't have the game or a map in front of me, so you might just have to talk to everyone there. He'll tell you what your average IV ranking is (bad, good, exceptional etc.) and your strongest IV. It's still best to do a IV battle and determine the exact values though.

Years
  • Yes, but their spots change every day, so you'd need to find somebody who knew their spots for TODAY, which is a rarity.

CCBacara

Clone Commander
    Years
  • Leveling without Grinding

I have a question. I am playing through Platinum for the first time ever (first Pokemon game since Yellow) and I have not done any grinding yet. I have 4 Pokemon in my group, with one more on the way.

What I have been doing so far is keeping all my Pokemon at the same level, switching my lead whenever my current lead levels up. My question is, A. Is this a good idea and B. Will my pokemon level up enough through trainer battles without having to grind in order to beat the game?

Obviously eventually I have 6 pokemon in my group, but I am saving my spots for certain pokemon that I just can't get yet. I have the exp share but it seems to slow down leveling so I stopped using it.

Also...on a side note...I made a HUGE mistake in teaching my starter pokemon an HM move without realizing I couldn't take it off, and I now I am loosing abilities that I want because of it. I read online there is a move deleter, but how far away am I from reaching that (I have 3 badges to give you an idea of where I am)?

Thanks for the help as always!

Years
  • Dusk Ball, Quick Ball if you're feeling lucky at the start, or Timer Ball if it drags on for a while. Not many Pokeballs can compare to a 4x multiplier. I misread Dusk Ball's description earlier. It should work since the Distortion World's a dark place.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Dusk's always work at night and (I believe) in caves. As for the Distortion World, no idea, just do it at night I guess. Or, as has been said, you can't go wrong with Timers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    is there any awsome glitches in pokemon p/p/d ??? im talking about void lol because i have done log surfing and ride on water (under log) but i want to know if there is any other funny ones like..surfing next to jubilife lottery building (u just do the jubilife void glitch then where u little girl is u go above her and then go one step left into the void then u look up and click surf) so can any1 tell me?

matoucs

Trainer
    Years
  • So i've done some reseach, and i foud out that breeding pokes from different countries increases the chances of getting a shiny. My question is Does the Meister Magicarp count as foreign ?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    could u explain to me about your shiny theory in a pm an tell me is this higher chance rate for wild or egg pokemon? (shiny)

Years
  • What I have been doing so far is keeping all my Pokemon at the same level, switching my lead whenever my current lead levels up. My question is, A. Is this a good idea and B. Will my pokemon level up enough through trainer battles without having to grind in order to beat the game?

Yes it is a good idea. 90% of the time you'll be a bit underlevelled for the E4, but this is normal. You could still beat them if you play on their weaknesses.

Also...on a side note...I made a HUGE mistake in teaching my starter pokemon an HM move without realizing I couldn't take it off, and I now I am loosing abilities that I want because of it. I read online there is a move deleter, but how far away am I from reaching that (I have 3 badges to give you an idea of where I am)?

The Move Deleter's in Canalave, which you can access after getting the fifth badge. So it's not that far, I guess. Depends on how far you are from getting your third badge.

My answers in bold. Hope I helped. =)

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • I've been getting the following message when I try to upload my videos in pokemon platinum.

"There appears to be a problem with the recipient's Pokemon. Data was not sent."

Could this be due to the fact I'm using a flashcart?

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Can anyone give me a link to a site which shows all the pokemon in the national dex and where to find them?
    Thanks ;D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Can anyone give me a link to a site which shows all the pokemon in the national dex and where to find them?
    Thanks ;D

On serebii.net you can find all the pokemon there is in the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum section. If you want to find all national dex pokemon then I would search on google and maybe you'll find it there. Hope this helped.

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    On serebii.net you can find all the pokemon there is in the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum section. If you want to find all national dex pokemon then I would search on google and maybe you'll find it there. Hope this helped.

Thanks
    I know the pokemon, just need their where abouts.
    Google, for once, has failed me >.<

Back